Andy Halliday

WilliamFyfe

Son of Doddy...just need a divin header or two and he can fill that legends boots

He has a long, long way to go before he can ever be compared to Wee Doddie.

I don't want to come across as some sort of Buzz Killington, but people have to remember the standard of the opposition we're playing against at the moment.

It shouldn't be underestimated, the level that Halliday has stepped-up to here.

At Middlesbrough, he wasn't even back-up until around two or three years ago before some short-term loan spells here and there. Apart from his goal at Stamford Bridge, he wasn't exactly a starting eleven candidate at Bradford. You would have to go back to Livingston in 2010, his first full-time season, when he had a proper run in the team and that was up-front whilst his appearances for Middlesbrough and such down south were out wide.

He's came here, no doubt putting huge pressure on himself as it's the club that runs through his veins, he's been moved to the middle of the park and asked to do a job that he isn't familiar with... and absolutely excelled beyond belief.

Keep in mind, Halliday had contract offers on the table from down south, but he chose to come here on trial with the aim of winning a contract.

He's a breath of fresh air and I agree with whoever touted him as a future captain.

Seems to be a good fit for this manager, all coming together rather nicely.

Everyone including me made excuses for the gardener when he had to bring in so many new players. Well we got rid of 11 players and MW has rebuilt using less money AND has us playing some nice passing football. Mind u I miss the big hump up the park.