David Templeton@ Alloa

Ozblue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are three or four of the SPL grounds not plastic pitches now? So next year we have a player who can't play in 6-8 games a season because of the pitch?

Templeton's contract runs out at the end of this year. As it stands, he wont play for us in the top-tier.

He is supposed to be a professional player. If he doesn't want to play cause of the pitch then he can fuck off. Might have worked under Ally and that but either get your shit together or go play for another team. Not just Templeton...goes for anyone.

Some would argue, myself included, that he has been given time. At Rangers, especially under Mark Warburburton, there is a level of consistency required that he seems incapable of giving. I would have expected to see more, not only in a chance here and there, but on his impact in a game.

I agree, he hasn't been as impressive as Mckay in the early season games, but to say he's been given time? I don't see how anyone can say that.

He got a few starts under McCoist, came on as a sub in most others last year, and may I remind you how poor the team was under McCoist, the Wallace we are seeing now, isn't the Wallace of last season, he played every game last year and no matter how many more he played, he was never going to turn around his slump in form, he was poor last year, as was everyone else, temps included, but he's looking far sharper and leaner than I have seen him in years, he needs that extra few weeks to get his confidence back IMO, it's been a tough few year for him. Same goes for Wallace, Law etc. But temps is much further behind them in games played and will need the extra few weeks.

we play players on merit, as it should be, and Mckay deserves his start based on his form so far, Oduwha appears to be a star to, so I imagine starting slots will be hard to come by for him, I hope we rotate and give him games as I genuinely believe he could be our biggest threat in the new set up if given the platform

I agree, he hasn't been as impressive as Mckay in the early season games, but to say he's been given time? I don't see how anyone can say that.

He got a few starts under McCoist, came on as a sub in most others last year, and may I remind you how poor the team was under McCoist, the Wallace we are seeing now, isn't the Wallace of last season, he played every game last year and no matter how many more he played, he was never going to turn around his slump in form, he was poor last year, as was everyone else, temps included, but he's looking far sharper and leaner than I have seen him in years, he needs that extra few weeks to get his confidence back IMO, it's been a tough few year for him. Same goes for Wallace, Law etc. But temps is much further behind them in games played and will need the extra few weeks.

we play players on merit, as it should be, and Mckay deserves his start based on his form so far, Oduwha appears to be a star to, so I imagine starting slots will be hard to come by for him, I hope we rotate and give him games as I genuinely believe he could be our biggest threat in the new set up if given the platform

So, going by that statement, the reason Templeton isn't making the impact in a match is because he lacks the fitness of others?

So, going by that statement, the reason Templeton isn't making the impact in a match is because he lacks the fitness of others?

No, he lacks the killer instinct that's left him after playing next to zero football last year. His fitness, even at his peak, probably wasn't as good as Wallace's, Law's etc

And he is making an impact, it's just not as apparent as Tavernier, Wallace, Halliday etc etc etc, he's played his part in a front three that's took 6 off Hibs, dominated the game against Peterhead and came on as a sub to wrap the game up against St Mirren. I find it funny after 2 and a half games, people think he hasn't done enough, we've created barrel loads of chances, played the best stuff we've seen at Ibrox and that's with a rusty Templeton in the team.

In two to three weeks of solid games, I have no doubt he'll be performing to the high level he used to be able to reach, and if he doesn't, luckily we have 4 other players capable of performing to a better level consistently

No, he lacks the killer instinct that's left him after playing next to zero football last year. His fitness, even at his peak, probably wasn't as good as Wallace's, Law's etc

And he is making an impact, it's just not as apparent as Tavernier, Wallace, Halliday etc etc etc, he's played his part in a front three that's took 6 off Hibs, dominated the game against Peterhead and came on as a sub to wrap the game up against St Mirren. I find it funny after 2 and a half games, people think he hasn't done enough, we've created barrel loads of chances, played the best stuff we've seen at Ibrox and that's with a rusty Templeton in the team.

In two to three weeks of solid games, I have no doubt he'll be performing to the high level he used to be able to reach, and if he doesn't, luckily we have 4 other players capable of performing to a better level consistently

I like David Templeton, he is a very stylish footballer, but I have my doubts if he is what Mark Warburton is looking for. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love David Templeton to settle here, finally, and be the exciting player we thought we were signing, however, I have my doubts.

Wouldn't read too much into him not being in the pictures. I didn't see any of the 3 boys from Wigan in the photos either.

They were all there training. They are clearly seen in a few of the pictures shown on the Rangers web site.

I think the OP might be reading to much into his absense BUT no player should get to pick and choose his games for any non-medical reason, especially not pitch surface.

Now there may be a medical judgement to make from time to time on a players fitness but , if fit, surface should not come into it.

No BP9 I'm not reading too much into his absence. I'm wondering why Templeton appears not to be training on that plastic pitch. Is it because of his past injury he is not confident training on such a surface, or simply because he is injured? If so, why is he injured? He obviously was not injured for the match against St.Mirren otherwise he wouldn't have been brought on for 6 minutes+ injury time.

The other explanation is that I need to visit my optician, but I'm sure we will know come Sunday when the team sheet ir announced.

I like David Templeton, he is a very stylish footballer, but I have my doubts if he is what Mark Warburton is looking for. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love David Templeton to settle here, finally, and be the exciting player we thought we were signing, however, I have my doubts.

Based on how I think Templeton can perform, I believe he is very much in Warburtons thoughts, but this new loan signing has made me think differently.

I'm unsure, I really want him to succeed and put in some cracking performances, it's all down to him now I suppose, but I feel we have two very good Left Wingers now in Odwha (sp) and Temps, with Mckay more than capable of playing there too, with McKay and Walsh on the right side, I'd say we're looking great (tu)

We'll see what this season brings, because we have an exciting team now I can understand the reasoning for Temps missing out for Oduwha/Walsh/Mckay etc, but, in seasons gone by, it was Smith playing left wing ahead of him. Exciting season this one, so I'm happy :)

Based on how I think Templeton can perform, I believe he is very much in Warburtons thoughts, but this new loan signing has made me think differently.

I'm unsure, I really want him to succeed and put in some cracking performances, it's all down to him now I suppose, but I feel we have two very good Left Wingers now in Odwha (sp) and Temps, with Mckay more than capable of playing there too, with McKay and Walsh on the right side, I'd say we're looking great (tu)

We'll see what this season brings, because we have an exciting team now I can understand the reasoning for Temps missing out for Oduwha/Walsh/Mckay etc, but, in seasons gone by, it was Smith playing left wing ahead of him. Exciting season this one, so I'm happy :)

I'd love him to do it; and he's a nice guy into the bargain. I looked for him to see what difference might be there from previous seasons, and at the back of my mind is that his head goes down too easily. At Rangers it is hard to succeed if you're like that, but I still hope we have a player there.

I'd love him to do it; and he's a nice guy into the bargain. I looked for him to see what difference might be there from previous seasons, and at the back of my mind is that his head goes down too easily. At Rangers it is hard to succeed if you're like that, but I still hope we have a player there.

I think his head does go down too easily (tu) Warburton should hopefully get that sorted. Away to Alloa, on a pitch that you struggle with, isn't going to give the guy any confidence going forward IMO.

I'd play Walsh/Mckay either side, possibly Oduwha if he's ready for this game. get a good three points to take into the Hibs game

No BP9 I'm not reading too much into his absence. I'm wondering why Templeton appears not to be training on that plastic pitch. Is it because of his past injury he is not confident training on such a surface, or simply because he is injured? If so, why is he injured? He obviously was not injured for the match against St.Mirren otherwise he wouldn't have been brought on for 6 minutes+ injury time.

The other explanation is that I need to visit my optician, but I'm sure we will know come Sunday when the team sheet ir announced.

Sorry I wasn't really trying to dis your OP - like you I find it strange he is missing and like you if the reason is he does not want to play on their surface then I don't think that should be allowed - but that's a lot to read into the fact he isn't in the photos - he may have a knock - he may just be dropped - I suspect we might find out at the press conference.

I think his head does go down too easily (tu) Warburton should hopefully get that sorted. Away to Alloa, on a pitch that you struggle with, isn't going to give the guy any confidence going forward IMO.

I'd play Walsh/Mckay either side, possibly Oduwha if he's ready for this game. get a good three points to take into the Hibs game

Yes, that would be good.

I think if another club was to come in he will be away.

Prob end up at Killie.

I'm pretty certain that a player who doesn't like plastic pitches isn't likely to end up at Killie mate! :D

As an aside, I saw him take a slight kick against St Mirren. I immidiately thought he'd be out next game. Warburton mentioned him taking a slight knock too, in his post match interview. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out. There may well be a player in there.....but how long does it take for him to come through? I honestly think we should look to offload him. We're simply not getting any benefit from having him.

Sorry I wasn't really trying to dis your OP - like you I find it strange he is missing and like you if the reason is he does not want to play on their surface then I don't think that should be allowed - but that's a lot to read into the fact he isn't in the photos - he may have a knock - he may just be dropped - I suspect we might find out at the press conference.

He took a knock against St.Mirren after he came on, but if he's going to miss training for that little bump then he's going to spend the rest of his career on the treatment table. If any player was going to miss training due to a knock then big Lee Wallace would have been a prime candidate after him getting scythed in two by Baird? but he was there.

I feel sorry for Templeton in a way because to me he's really not suited to playing on the wing and I think he'd be happier playing more central where he can move either side of the pitch, but he doesn't do himself any favours at times because when things don't go right for him he seems to drop his head and drift out from the game. If as rumoured we have got that attacking left sided youngster from 'Spurs on loan and he's as good as they say, then I fear for Templeton's future at Ibrox, which to me is a sad thing to happen.

You can understand MW giving Templeton a chance as he's probably stuck with him given no-one else will pay him the wages we do. No faith in the lad, has real ability but is a poor professional.

Regards not playing on a plastic pitch, if the medics think it's a problem then he shouldn't.

We have enough options in the squad.

He took a knock against St.Mirren after he came on, but if he's going to miss training for that little bump then he's going to spend the rest of his career on the treatment table. If any player was going to miss training due to a knock then big Lee Wallace would have been a prime candidate after him getting scythed in two by Baird? but he was there.

I feel sorry for Templeton in a way because to me he's really not suited to playing on the wing and I think he'd be happier playing more central where he can move either side of the pitch, but he doesn't do himself any favours at times because when things don't go right for him he seems to drop his head and drift out from the game. If as rumoured we have got that attacking left sided youngster from 'Spurs on loan and he's as good as they say, then I fear for Templeton's future at Ibrox, which to me is a sad thing to happen.

Agree with all that. :thumbup: