David Templeton@ Alloa

Ozblue

A few days ago in another thread regarding the team for the Alloa game, I said that I didn't think Templeton would be in the squad for Sunday because of his dislike/fear of plastic pitches. I have now viewed the pictures from the training session conducted on that plastic pitch, both from the official Rangers FC site and the picture gallery from Willie Vass and I could not see Templeton in any of these pictures.

IF he was absent from that training session and not injured, do you think he has asked not to be included in the squad for this game.....or do you think W &W have decided he might be on his way out of the 1st team squad?

Perhaps I'm being a bit hasty in my assessment, but sadly I can't see Templeton nailing down a starting position under Warburton, because he really should be flying with this new playing system.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Templeton doesn't want to play on a plastic pitch I wouldn't force him to do so. He's had a bad injury on one and doesn't want to play on that surface. It's only one game, not the ebd of the world. Besides, Oduwa can come in and fill that positon which I'm very excited to see.

He played the first couple games, I think Warburton is just making use of his squad. Could be a bit of advice from the medical staff advising Temps not to play on the surface.

I agree with what you are saying, Alex, he got 62 mins against Hibs, then 58 mins against Peterhead, which in my opinion he didn't show enough in those 2 games to convince me he deserved a starting spot then 10 mins as a sub against St.Mirren but the point I'm making is that if he's not injured then he should still be there training with the squad whether or not he is going to play any part on Sunday. It could be that I've just not noticed him in the pictures (which at my ages is very possible) but I guess we will find out when the team is announced.

If Templeton doesn't want to play on a plastic pitch I wouldn't force him to do so. He's had a bad injury on one and doesn't want to play on that surface. It's only one game, not the ebd of the world. Besides, Oduwa can come in and fill that positon which I'm very excited to see.

What! we are going to have a player picking and choosing what fucking pitches he wants to play on? doh He's a fucking professional player who plays where and when he is told to do so. The rest of your post regarding Oduwa or any other player filling in has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Any player who can't perform in certain conditions or on certain playing surfaces has no place being at Rangers.

It's far more likely that the medical team have advised against it rather than it being a case of the player refusing.

If the medical team advised against it then get him to fuck. Falkirk, Alloa, QotS and all have plastic pitches. That's at least 6 games he could miss through it.

If you are operating a squad system, you rotate the squad to the best advantage. Mental fitness is part of that. I believe that there are different types of plastic pitches and it may be that this would not be a perenniel problem. In other threads people have said they trust Mr Warburton's judgement. Why not the same with Templeton?

Why are people writing him off? He's had 3 competitive games, scored in one, an assist in the other, coming off the back of a season in which he never kicked a ball for large spells.

Templeton has done more then enough to show he wants to be here, his link up play with Wallace in division 3 is still a real threat, it'll take time to get that back after what was essentially two years of mismanagement by McCoist, he's shown he's working harder, looking leaner and wants to be a part of the squad.

He'll play if he deserves to play under Warburton, and it's highly likely after so many games left in the stands, a game on a tricky, sticky, dry pitch might not be the best for Temps.

He has the full season to show he deserves to be here, he deserves time to get that match sharpness back

I think the OP might be reading to much into his absense BUT no player should get to pick and choose his games for any non-medical reason, especially not pitch surface.

Now there may be a medical judgement to make from time to time on a players fitness but , if fit, surface should not come into it.

Why are people writing him off? He's had 3 competitive games, scored in one, an assist in the other, coming off the back of a season in which he never kicked a ball for large spells.

Templeton has done more then enough to show he wants to be here, his link up play with Wallace in division 3 is still a real threat, it'll take time to get that back after what was essentially two years of mismanagement by McCoist, he's shown he's working harder, looking leaner and wants to be a part of the squad.

He'll play if he deserves to play under Warburton, and it's highly likely after so many games left in the stands, a game on a tricky, sticky, dry pitch might not be the best for Temps.

He has the full season to show he deserves to be here, he deserves time to get that match sharpness back

Some would argue, myself included, that he has been given time. At Rangers, especially under Mark Warburburton, there is a level of consistency required that he seems incapable of giving. I would have expected to see more, not only in a chance here and there, but on his impact in a game.

FFS folk writing him off after a few games, the guys had his confidence shattered under the previous incumbents. The Hibs game i had said he seemed a yard off of pace in the game, but he seems to be getting back to match fitness physically and mentally. He's slowly improving and has a goal under his belt, i'm hoping he can kick on and show his full potential, if he fails to do so after another 3/4 games then yes, he should be dropped but as it stands i'm confident he's going to give us quite a few good goals.

FFS folk writing him off after a few games, the guys had his confidence shattered under the previous incumbents. The Hibs game i had said he seemed a yard off of pace in the game, but he seems to be getting back to match fitness physically and mentally. He's slowly improving and has a goal under his belt, i'm hoping he can kick on and show his full potential, if he fails to do so after another 3/4 games then yes, he should be dropped but as it stands i'm confident he's going to give us quite a few good goals.

I don't think that's fair. You only have to consider Barrie McKay to see where David Templeton is falling short. McKay has formed an instant understanding with Lee Wallace in a way that I have yet to see from Templeton; and McKay's impact on a game is very evident. There are times you would forget that David Templeton is on the park.

I don't think that's fair. You only have to consider Barrie McKay to see where David Templeton is falling short. McKay has formed an instant understanding with Lee Wallace in a way that I have yet to see from Templeton; and McKay's impact on a game is very evident. There are times you would forget that David Templeton is on the park.

McKays been playing in the youth games and been out on loan without injury, course he'll be match fit, hardly fair to compare Templetons situation to his they're nothing alike.