David Templeton@ Alloa

Ozblue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took a knock against St.Mirren after he came on, but if he's going to miss training for that little bump then he's going to spend the rest of his career on the treatment table. If any player was going to miss training due to a knock then big Lee Wallace would have been a prime candidate after him getting scythed in two by Baird? but he was there.

I feel sorry for Templeton in a way because to me he's really not suited to playing on the wing and I think he'd be happier playing more central where he can move either side of the pitch, but he doesn't do himself any favours at times because when things don't go right for him he seems to drop his head and drift out from the game. If as rumoured we have got that attacking left sided youngster from 'Spurs on loan and he's as good as they say, then I fear for Templeton's future at Ibrox, which to me is a sad thing to happen.

It was hardly a little bump as you put it. Anyone who watched the game would see he got quite a bad one. Think he would come of if there had been more time to go.

However, going by this thread, a potential injury is not going to stop some of our fans jumping in and taking the opportunity to slag of the current boo boy.

It was hardly a little bump as you put it. Anyone who watched the game would see he got quite a bad one. Think he would come of if there had been more time to go.

However, going by this thread, a potential injury is not going to stop some of our fans jumping in and taking the opportunity to slag of the current boo boy.

For me his knock was something that was a "wee bump" and if he's out with it then he is in for a hard season.And before you ask, I played midfield at a good level for 21 years after playing as a winger since I was a young lad so I know at times something that looks innocuous can be worse than it seems, and vice versa.

Yes we have fans who will never take to Templeton because of his performances (or lack of them) over the past few seasons, but every team has such a player and it's part and parcel of football. There are many theories/ reasons why Templeton has failed to live up to his potential, but only Templeton can answer that.

He still has a chance to rescue his career under Warburton but he better do it quick as time could be running out for him,sadly.

For me his knock was something that was a "wee bump" and if he's out with it then he is in for a hard season.And before you ask, I played midfield at a good level for 21 years after playing as a winger since I was a young lad so I know at times something that looks innocuous can be worse than it seems, and vice versa.

Yes we have fans who will never take to Templeton because of his performances (or lack of them) over the past few seasons, but every team has such a player and it's part and parcel of football. There are many theories/ reasons why Templeton has failed to live up to his potential, but only Templeton can answer that.

He still has a chance to rescue his career under Warburton but he better do it quick as time could be running out for him,sadly.

I don't think Templeton has done too much wrong so far this season and it's a bit unfair to single him out as per' time running out to rescue his career', Think that could be said of any of the guys who didn't produce for us last year.

My own view is that Templeton had quite a good first year with us but since then has suffered through a number of injuries and the general malaise of our team. Wingers blow hot and cold most of the time but also tend to do better when the team is having a good run and vice-versa. Hopefully, the early promise of our team will be realised and it will draw out the best in Templeton.

It would be good to see some of our fans being a bit more supportive of our players and trying to accentuate their positive aspects rather than being so down on them.

I don't think Templeton has done too much wrong so far this season and it's a bit unfair to single him out as per' time running out to rescue his career', Think that could be said of any of the guys who didn't produce for us last year.

My own view is that Templeton had quite a good first year with us but since then has suffered through a number of injuries and the general malaise of our team. Wingers blow hot and cold most of the time but also tend to do better when the team is having a good run and vice-versa. Hopefully, the early promise of our team will be realised and it will draw out the best in Templeton.

It would be good to see some of our fans being a bit more supportive of our players and trying to accentuate their positive aspects rather than being so down on them.

The reason Templeton is "singled out" as you put it is because Templeton who came to us as arguably the most technically adept player in our squad at the time has not lived up to his £700,000+ fee we paid for him from the Jambos, which saddens me because I love seeing DT playing at his best.

Yes he had a good first season scoring 15 goals, but when you consider we played against part timers in the bottom tier of Scottish football then it brings it into perspective. My underlined part DOES apply to the guys who embarrassed themselves last year and I expect to see them shipped out when their contracts expire because unfortunately no other club will be able to pay them the wages they currently get at Rangers.

Getting back to Templeton and "his time running out" as against the other players from last season; If Templeton is not going to be available to train or be selected on a regular basis for whatever reason as opposed to the others then his chances of proving to MW that he has a future at Ibrox will not auger well for him.

I've had "David Templeton's" in my teams over a 40 years period and some have risen and some have failed. I hope he succeeds. :pipe:

I was looking at the Friday training pictures earlier, and I didn't see Templeton in any of them either, so I presume that he must be injured.

We'll see on Sunday, but if he is it could be tough for him to get back in with McKay, Walsh and now Oduwa ahead of him.