Hibs Calling Themselves 'title Rivals'...

Captain Hilts

I know what he means. The thread is about opposition tactics against us. Not us and what we do but dissing Hivs for theirs.

Im saying their tactics are right, hardly worth knocking, and with a bit more fortune / clinical shooting could have reaped rewards.

Twice as could st mirren.

Some folk just don't look objectively imo.

I agree with your last statement :lol:

Never said he had a bad game mate but as a unit they were caught out, I thought Wilson didnt look his normal upbeat self. Hibs had a few chances through the heart of our defence.

Well you said he had an off day, isn't that more or less a bad game?

I agree though. We did get caught out but it's happened in every game this season and will continue to happen. It's just the downside of the style of play.

Anyway, thought Wilson had a pretty decent game.

So consensus is the tactics used by hivees were actually sensible for them, title rivals that they are, and they had chances to pull it off and get one if not 3 points from the game.

Excellent. Better late than never but you got there in the end.

Sure thing, take off the blinkers and you might get there too.

They can call themselves what they like. Theyre losers and theyre used to it. They could finish second 20 points behind us and theyd still act like challengera

Sure thing, take off the blinkers and you might get there too.

Hibs in the Petrofac we were crap, Hivees should have been out of sight. They would have been if more clinical, I couldn't see where a Rangers goal was coming from. Fantastic free kick set us alight with the best football we have played this season and deserved winners by a mile.

Yesterday Hivees got their tactics right. It was even stevens mostly, though they had good clear cut chances. They failed to capitalise. We huffed and puffed in our worst performance of the season until a piece of brilliance, again from set play got us the lead and probably helped us just about justify our win.

St Mirren we played quite well, scored good goals, but they had a penalty miss which imo had they scored would have led to them beating us as momentum was with them. Not clinical, failed, and we drove on to another deserved victory.

Fine margins which we've came out on the right side of each time. But at times we've rode our luck, and at times we've struggled badly and not deserved much from games. When it clicked it has clicked brilliantly and we look awesome.

I don't want us to change tactics, I want us to improve, and also cut out slackness and individual errors which particularly yesterday were in abundance and could easily have cost us goals and points.

That's my blinkered view. I'll allow others to refuse to critique or criticise as if it's anti rangers in some way. or to consider we have no flaws.

Getting back to the original OP Hivees are still a main competitor, their tactics improved their chances and were right for them, and could have got them a result of some sort. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Hibs in the Petrofac we were crap, Hivees should have been out of sight. They would have been if more clinical, I couldn't see where a Rangers goal was coming from. Fantastic free kick set us alight with the best football we have played this season and deserved winners by a mile.

Yesterday Hivees got their tactics right. It was even stevens mostly, though they had good clear cut chances. They failed to capitalise. We huffed and puffed in our worst performance of the season until a piece of brilliance, again from set play got us the lead and probably helped us just about justify our win.

St Mirren we played quite well, scored good goals, but they had a penalty miss which imo had they scored would have led to them beating us as momentum was with them. Not clinical, failed, and we drove on to another deserved victory.

Fine margins which we've came out on the right side of each time. But at times we've rode our luck, and at times we've struggled badly and not deserved much from games. When it clicked it has clicked brilliantly and we look awesome.

I don't want us to change tactics, I want us to improve, and also cut out slackness and individual errors which particularly yesterday were in abundance and could easily have cost us goals and points.

That's my blinkered view. I'll allow others to refuse to critique or criticise as if it's anti rangers in some way. or to consider we have no flaws.

Getting back to the original OP Hivees are still a main competitor, their tactics improved their chances and were right for them, and could have got them a result of some sort. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Someone pointed out that your point about Hibs missing some chances was only relevent if you mention that we missed some chances too. You didn't listen, so I made the same point again. Still didn't listen. That's all I'm talking about here.

Yes we didn't play as well as we have done so far this season but it's unfair to pick only the bad points or the points that suit your view.

So if you're still not going to listen then we're done here.

Fair comments, we are playing good football and have had a bit of luck, we still have a long way to go before we can say we have no main rivals and capable of wining the league at a canter.

Do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Someone pointed out that your point about Hibs missing some chances was only relevent if you mention that we missed some chances too. You didn't listen, so I made the same point again. Still didn't listen. That's all I'm talking about here.

Yes we didn't play as well as we have done so far this season but it's unfair to pick only the bad points or the points that suit your view.

So if you're still not going to listen then we're done here.

The op is laughing at hivees for coming here as challengers looking for a draw.

Im saying their tactics were spot on for them and almost successful.

Their tactics included to stifle us, limit our chances and create their own. By and large ythey did that yesterday better than any other team have done. To the extent imo their chances were better than ours but one of our finishes had the class theirs didnt.

Every team will know we create chances. If we finish more our tactics will be a success. If we dont, tactics like yesterday will work for our opponents.

Its really not that fucking difficult.

The op is laughing at hivees for coming here as challengers looking for a draw.

Im saying their tactics were spot on for them and almost successful.

Their tactics included to stifle us, limit our chances and create their own. By and large ythey did that yesterday better than any other team have done. To the extent imo their chances were better than ours but one of our finishes had the class theirs didnt.

Every team will know we create chances. If we finish more our tactics will be a success. If we dont, tactics like yesterday will work for our opponents.

Its really not that fucking difficult.

Why are you having such difficulty understanding then?

i get the feeling they are really focussed on us - I hope this distracts them when playing some other teams and they simply dont get up for it.

I think they play Raith next and I can see them dropping points there. They will drop many points, mainly against our real rivals, Falkirk, QoS and Raith, maybe St Mirren will have a mini revival after they beat them.

Our central defence was shown lacking yesterday, whether Wilson is carrying an injury or just had an off day it showed, it may be we need someone in front protecting them but we got away with it just.

The risk with pressing so high up the pitch with marauding wingbacks and no screening midfielder is that when a team breaks (especially in wide areas) in a 2 V 2 situation the advantage is always with the attacking team as the 2 defending central defenders get isolated with their backs to goal and the opposition player without the ball can pick his run at speed which leaves it virtually impossible for the defenders to do anything about it.

Thank fuck the Hibs forwards had an absolute shocker on Sunday, or we were fried.

The risk with pressing so high up the pitch with marauding wingbacks and no screening midfielder is that when a team breaks (especially in wide areas) in a 2 V 2 situation the advantage is always with the attacking team as the 2 defending central defenders get isolated with their backs to goal and the opposition player without the ball can pick his run at speed which leaves it virtually impossible for the defenders to do anything about it.

Thank fuck the Hibs forwards had an absolute shocker on Sunday, or we were fried.

What other teams do the pressing high style?

What other teams do the pressing high style?

In our League I can't imagine any would press so high up the park. I wouldn't have a clue about the Scottish Premier League because I haven't watched it for the past 3-4 years, but in other leagues teams who press high up the pitch have a screening player in front of the central defenders/behind them which is something we don't have at the moment, which is why Warburton is so keen to get Eustace in our squad.