***the Official Football Manager 2016 Thread***

Broxi1872

On 18/05/2016 at 9:39 PM, Dietspam said:

I've managed to get a hold of a 95/96 DB. Had to modify it a bit as the teams were a bit out but what do you think of the team?

2016-05-18 (2).png

475k for Gough?   

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:51 PM, CottonRunt said:

Really struggling to get the hang of the tactics in this years game.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 and seem to win about 60-70% of my games in the SPL, but really unpredictable.

Gubbed Aberdeen 4-0 and then the same team goes and loses 3-0 to Partick Thistle!

In this years version you want to play a 4-4-2.  Fluid and contain are the most important instructions.  Have your strikers as false nines. 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:15 AM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In this years version you want to play a 4-4-2.  Fluid and contain are the most important instructions.  Have your strikers as false nines. 

Its pretty grim when there are "hacks" to the game i.e. formations that work best based on the code.

This is where the game falls over a bit as there is a magical formula each version that pretty much guarantees success.

18 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Its pretty grim when there are "hacks" to the game i.e. formations that work best based on the code.

This is where the game falls over a bit as there is a magical formula each version that pretty much guarantees success.

So the League One manager of the year award I won is worthless :(

4 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I am determined to get a 4-1-2-3 formation that actually consistently works :lol: 

Tell he about it.....got the short distribution bang on, fods with 96% pass completion :lol:

suffer from the same thing as our side, dominate posession, more shots but with the oppositions 2 shots on goal they score.

On 26/05/2016 at 9:22 AM, NeoGeo7 said:

If you played 442 with false nines as the strikers, fluid and contain then it's tainted mate :P

My 4231 will go down in folklore then.

Will stick up my Championship progress later on, going to have a good shot at it today.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 0:15 AM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Is it definitely contain? Seems overly defensive.

Will try to create a tactic like this, still gonna stick to my 4231 but this might be useful when I'm 2-0 down to hearts after 20 mins!

Just now, CottonRunt said:

Is it definitely contain? Seems overly defensive.

Will try to create a tactic like this, still gonna stick to my 4231 but this might be useful when I'm 2-0 down to hearts after 20 mins!

Yes, fluid and contain with a 4-4-2.  I've tried many different formations and this is the one that brings the most success.  If you're looking for prebuilt tactics check this forum out:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/215-Tactics-Sharing-Centre-(Upload-Download)

On 28 May 2016 at 1:22 AM, Skyson1872 said:

Started a youth only save to make it more exciting, but I added our 15 and 16's in like Jack Thomson etc.

Have you altered the leagues? Will be easier if you haven't as playing youths in the top league will be a little more tricky.

i see Barjonas has had a massive hike in potential ability in the winter update.

Game is getting quite frustrating now.

Have spent a fair whack of money on getting better players in (Managed to sell 2 players for a total of £25 million)

Still cant seem to beat the tims and keep dropping points to the likes of Ross County and the sheep.

Dont really want to change my system too much, as i have got 2 good attacking midfielders.

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Have you altered the leagues? Will be easier if you haven't as playing youths in the top league will be a little more tricky.

i see Barjonas has had a massive hike in potential ability in the winter update.

Yeah put us in the top league etc, done all the leagues in Scotland and England in terms of promotion and relegation. Yeah his starting stats along with Lyon, Ashmore and Walsh are all quite decent. I changed a few of their potentials as well, as I'm sure before I changed it Jordan Thompsons was away down at like 115 as was Burts.

Need help with this game, just got beat 4-3 off of Livinston in the league cup :unsure:

Tav's out injured with a fractured rib

Got Paul Hanlon on a free transfer 

Using a 4-3-3

Tav Kiernan Hanlon/Wilson Wallace

Law/Shiels/Zelalem Haliday/Ball Holt/McKay 

Waghorn  Miller Hardie

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Need help with this game, just got beat 4-3 off of Livinston in the league cup :unsure:

Using a 4-3-3

Waghorn  Miller Hardie

You just need help!

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Using a 4-3-3

Waghorn  Miller Hardie

4-2-3-1

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Zelalem Halliday

McKay Holt Waghorn

Miller