Gough Becomes Global Ambassador

BridgeIsBlue

I find it very hard to get wound up about this or in fact give much of a fuck but seeing as how how many people are in here I just wanted to be part of a post about Gough being giving a "job" as ambassador with no apparent job description above "speak to those NARSA blokes as your closest to them, let us know how it goes, we can send some stuff your way if it is good and you can hand it over to them at the next meeting there".

He is not becoming bloody head scout here just being linked with some phantom position we just made up.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warburton was our choice of manager and his choice of number 2 is David Weir because they were together at Brentford. If you think that's the same as Chris Graham getting a blazer then wow ... honestly wow.

I was asleep for a few hours and the Chrissy boy was out the door :D

Remember he slaughtered Roxburgh for his team talk when scotland played in Portugal and got beat 5-0, he said Roxburgh had given some tactical advice in his team talk that he had gotten from Bobby Robsons car driver in Portugal. Robson picked Roxburgh up at the airport on a scouting mission and his driver gave Roxburgh some tactical tips. Gough slaughtered him for this in the media, turns out the driver was an unknown young Jose Mourinho

Fucking hell :lol: I've never heard that one before. Apparently both Mourinho and Villas Boas were both known for dishing out tactical advise.

He's been rewarded with a job for whatever reason .. I don't like his comments he made about us being dead. I didn't mean he got rewarded with the job for saying we are dead. Don't be stupid.

I assumed you meant what you said. Sorry of I can't put myself in the shoes of a bitter wee simpleton. The mental regression required petrifies me.

Mind my point above?

You've used Radio snyde to say that there were people on there claiming we were a new club, I would say the vast majority of us understood perfectly that we were not a new club. Gough and Smith were in a position to influence, people look up to them.

If they were unsure they should maybe have asked someone in the know before opening their mouths?

And no, they would be open to getting slated verbally for talking nonsense, they are not being paid by the club.

Hmm, you had a different experience to me then. During admin, most of the fans I had discussion with in real life or on forums thought that failing to get a CVA meant the end of the club and a newco was a new club.

I took a fair bit of abuse for saying this was not the case. I even got banned from Follow Follow for saying that not getting a CVA and going newco would save the club.

I was angry at Smith and Gough at the time, as I was angry at all the bears who gave me abuse for saying a newco would be the same club. You know what though? Who gives a fuck now. I was right (As usual ;)), all the other were wrong. It is the same club, its been settled, there is no debate. Everyone knows it.

What the fuck does it matter now, there is no debate. We are the same club.

No idea...I thought that by the tone in your post that you knew. I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any info...I am still waiting for the terms of the bus contract to the Parks family.

Nope, was going to be my next question.

To be honest, im going to guess that it was the best deal we could get at the time given we are in the lower divisions.

Hmm, you had a different experience to me then. During admin, most of the fans I had discussion with in real life or on forums thought that failing to get a CVA meant the end of the club and a newco was a new club.

I took a fair bit of abuse for saying this was not the case. I even got banned from Follow Follow for saying that not getting a CVA and going newco would save the club.

I was angry at Smith and Gough at the time, as I was angry at all the bears who gave me abuse for saying a newco would be the same club. You know what though? Who gives a fuck now. I was right (As usual ;)), all the other were wrong. It is the same club, its been settled, there is no debate. Everyone knows it.

What the fuck does it matter now, there is no debate. We are the same club.

Really?

Those fans were obviously fans of tabloids then, most internet savvy fans kinda got what it meant.

You did start some shitty, negative threads tbf, I can't mind that thread though.

That American dude spoke about the newco first and the incubator so I've no idea why any Rangers fan up to speed with things would claim that meant we would be a new club.

Naw I know but obviously it's been dragged up again as Gough said something in public which was lapped up by our haters.

I can understand people bearing a grudge, I want to know his wages and responsibilities.

I don't think it's been explained why our last bus company was ditched for Parks again either, it's important we get things like that clarified.

I have been aware for a while that some Rangers fans are upset with a comment attributed to me in an article a couple of years ago where I stated that the club I gave blood, sweat and tears for is dead.

Let me say that I don't have a perfect recollection of my comments at this time but I do know what I was trying to convey and want to make that abundantly clear now. My comments were in the context of grief at what had happened to the club I captained. Recently I said that I wish I had done more to speak up at that time.

My meaning was certainly not that the club which plays at Ibrox now and is named Rangers FC is a totally different and new entity from the club I played for. I simply meant that the era which I was so proud to be a part of was over and that what lay ahead was uncertain and unknown. Let's be honest they were dark times and many of us didn't know if there would be a Rangers during the worst of those days.

In hindsight I might have picked my words more carefully, although Rangers supporters I know personally totally understand what I was trying to say when I have explained it to them.

I appreciate the chance to clarify this and am happy to apologise if anyone was offended by my comments.

I would also like to point out that my involvement with Dave King in Ibrox1972Ltd should help convince people that I very much believe the club we all love is the one it was my honour to represent as a player and captain.

To coin a phrase:

Rangers Now, Then, Forever.

Richard Gough

He made the first statement in the national media - The Sun I think.

He made the second in a Rangers blog - McMurdo's?

If he was serious about retracting he'd make the retraction with the same prominence.

Really?

Those fans were obviously fans of tabloids then, most internet savvy fans kinda got what it meant.

You did start some shitty, negative threads tbf, I can't mind that thread though.

That American dude spoke about the newco first and the incubator so I've no idea why any Rangers fan up to speed with things would claim that meant we would be a new club.

Naw I know but obviously it's been dragged up again as Gough said something in public which was lapped up by our haters.

I can understand people bearing a grudge, I want to know his wages and responsibilities.

I don't think it's been explained why our last bus company was ditched for Parks again either, it's important we get things like that clarified.

I wasnt on here during the admin stage. I was on JA606 and also on FF. All through admin I was posting evidence to show how we would be the same club.

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/127249

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/174574

http://www.ja606.co.uk/comments/viewAllComments/108820

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/104565

Just a few examples I could grab from a google search.

On the part about me posting some negative shitty threads, if you think back you will recall that these threads were because I thought that Green and Whyte were in on the whole fucking mess together. At the time I took a whole load of shite for it, slightly different if you look back on it given recent events.

Maybe his first order of business could be to try and find out what really happened with the RFFF money. He could start by asking NARSA why they went silent after threatening the fund "trustees" with legal action.

I wasnt on here during the admin stage. I was on JA606 and also on FF. All through admin I was posting evidence to show how we would be the same club.

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/127249

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/174574

http://www.ja606.co.uk/comments/viewAllComments/108820

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/104565

Just a few examples I could grab from a google search.

On the part about me posting some negative shitty threads, if you think back you will recall that these threads were because I thought that Green and Whyte were in on the whole fucking mess together. At the time I took a whole load of shite for it, slightly different if you look back on it given recent events.

I thought you were on during that, dunno who I'm thinking of.

Yea you did, thought you were a tim at one point.