Crowd Numbers

bluenose48

Not really true mate, in the SPFL Total there was 111,150 fans while 45,135 of them were at Ibrox & 66,015 at the other games

Sorry, I was only quoting the premiership and at the time I posted it Celtic and Hamilton had not yet played.

As you say if that game is included then yes they outnumbered us by 3941, still a piss poor effort.

Why are we so fixated on attendance numbers?

They mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

When we were winning trebles with the Jungle Fighter, we regularly had crowds of around 20k for run of the mill games (sometimes a lot less).

Expectations of 30k and 40k crowds are a recent phenomenon. The shite some people write about lower attendances than that (15k etc.) ignores where we actually are in terms of our historical numbers.

Rangers SHOULD draw big crowds, but the posters on here don't seem to have a grasp of why the numbers drop.

The numbers in Scottish Football are a lot bigger than they were in the "glory" years of the 70s and 80s, considering the decline in standards all over the place due to the cash rich EPL and the price difference too its rather quite astonishing how clubs like Rangers, that mob, Sheep and Hearts (even Hibs) continually post good gates

The numbers in Scottish Football are a lot bigger than they were in the "glory" years of the 70s and 80s, considering the decline in standards all over the place due to the cash rich EPL and the price difference too its rather quite astonishing how clubs like Rangers, that mob, Sheep and Hearts (even Hibs) continually post good gates

The sheep, hearts, and hibs don't actually have good gates at all. Why would you think that they do?

It's complete nonsense to say that anyone outside the old firm have good crowds in the context of British football. Last year, 8 clubs in the Championship averaged over 20k. Non league teams were getting average gates of 6k plus.

Aberdeen, Hibs, and Hearts are nowhere, even on their best days.

"First thing said rattler will do,is deny he is one".

You and your heathen ways,get to fuck.

Haha get into the Bastard xD

For my family and I it's been great. Seeing the blue sea of ibrox bouncing and backing the team.

It still amazes me everytime I walk up the stairs and get the first view of the stadium, i alway think what a braw stadium!

Then theres the roar when we score ;D

You could also put it this way:

If everybody had stayed, there would have been no take over, no Warburton, no Tavernier etc...

You enjoy the 'moral high ground' though. Well done you.

But thats just not true is it. King bought in via other shareholders. The boycott had fuck all to do with King procuring the club.

But you just enjoy the moral high ground in the land of make believe.

You want thanks for propping up several corrupt regimes that did not have the clubs best interests at heart but merely to fill their own pockets Aye sure the ends justified the means and we are now shots of these bastards bar one

And you want praise for abandoning your club and leaving it to die.