Next Two Games

I think it's a lot to do with the oppositions tactics, but we do seem to be showing a lack of imagination in breaking them down. I was screaming at the TV on Tuesday night for out players to chip the ball over their defence to a runner as they were very disciplined in holding the line.

And that's the one and only time I'll refer to Livvy as disciplined in any way.

While I agree it looks like we are having trouble breaking teams down, I think it is more a case that we are still creating chances but in tighter space and with less time to finish well. I think the big difference is that we are scoring fewer goals in the early parts of the games, when the opposition still have energy.

The stats for our first 5 league games show:

Average possession: 66.8%

Total goal attempts: 89

On target: 44

Goals: 19

For the last 5 league games:

Average possession: 66.0%

Total goal attempts: 86

On target: 42

Goals: 14

To me, that is all about being denied space and our finishing being affected.

While I agree it looks like we are having trouble breaking teams down, I think it is more a case that we are still creating chances but in tighter space and with less time to finish well. I think the big difference is that we are scoring fewer goals in the early parts of the games, when the opposition still have energy.

The stats for our first 5 league games show:

Average possession: 66.8%

Total goal attempts: 89

On target: 44

Goals: 19

For the last 5 league games:

Average possession: 66.0%

Total goal attempts: 86

On target: 42

Goals: 14

To me, that is all about being denied space and our finishing being affected.

Actually surprised at that statistic...

I am optimistic no doubt, however if we play the way we have been playing the past few games then it wont be anywhere near as easy as people are making out, I dont care about Hibs, our own performance needs lifted again.

I'm really looking forward to the Hibs game. On paper it should be the hardest league fixture we have this season.

Hibs really need to take three points which is going to leave space for us to exploit.

No idea what the score will be like but I bet the game is a cracker and we play brilliantly.

This is very true. They can't sit back and defend so they may score but so will we.

Hibs game will be interesting. Over last few seasons we'd probably have set up a defensive holding game, trying to pinch one from a break or set piece, and everybody would have been happy with a draw.

We don't do being happy with draws anymore.

We have been poor in the last few games whilst St Mirren and Hibs have been improving.

We have to up our game to win the next 2 games.

If we do win then the league is over.

Hibs and st mirren have improved whilst we've been poor??

Hibs and St mirren dominating teams? They facing a bank of 11 defenders?

You really can't compare tbh. We've not dropped a point.

All our best performances have been away from home and will probably continue to be

Maybe we're a victim of our own success.

We , quite rightly , were wanting the fear factor to come back to teams when they come to Ibrox. I think that's what's happening now , where most have no interest in winning , but in not to be humiliated.

The away games are slightly different where they should open up a bit , particularly teams that have a relatively bigger home support who will be demanding their team go for the jugular . I think , hibs in particular , will be a more open game - the kind that should suit us. And I'm confident we'll see a result , and performance , that'll be reminiscent of our last time there.

Maybe we're a victim of our own success.

We , quite rightly , were wanting the fear factor to come back to teams when they come to Ibrox. I think that's what's happening now , where most have no interest in winning , but in not to be humiliated.

The away games are slightly different where they should open up a bit , particularly teams that have a relatively bigger home support who will be demanding their team go for the jugular . I think , hibs in particular , will be a more open game - the kind that should suit us. And I'm confident we'll see a result , and performance , that'll be reminiscent of our last time there.

(tu)

My thoughts too mate, and it should allow us to operate with more impact in the last third as the home team should want to have a go at us, or that's the theory, but with Stubbs in charge he may try and sit it out to frustrate us and get by with a point.

We should win either way.

:uk:

I don't like the over-confidence shown in this thread, by some.

If we get an early goal in these games ahead, then I'm fairly confident that we can go on and win these games, as the opposition will have to open up their defences a bit, in order to get an equaliser, or to stay in the game.

Being confident, or having confidence, in our teams ability to win a game is a good thing. However over confidence looks arrogant, and smug, which are both, very unattractive, and disrespectful.

You can't play like Brazil every week.

We have been off the boil but that happens in a long season, we will be fine.

We require bolstering but that's for next season, we have more than enough to see us through this season plus Eustace may be here shortly so that's another option for us.

I'm not worried at all, we are better than the teams we are due to play and I have total faith we will come out victorious.

Well you can but then the Germans come and fuck you 7-1

We arw plating nice football but need to make more of our chances

(tu)

My thoughts too mate, and it should allow us to operate with more impact in the last third as the home team should want to have a go at us, or that's the theory, but with Stubbs in charge he may try and sit it out to frustrate us and get by with a point.

We should win either way.

:uk:

Yeah. He did that at Ibrox. A dangerous game though if it doesn't come off which is why I think he'll go for it this time.

These teams are all playing in damage limitation mode with the hope of catching us on the break and snatching a goal, with Livingston the order of the day was thuggery but they also spent a good deal of time throwing bodies in front of shot attempts, throw in time wasting, injuries, etc and the play gets very broken up.

I don't like the over-confidence shown in this thread, by some.

If we get an early goal in these games ahead, then I'm fairly confident that we can go on and win these games, as the opposition will have to open up their defences a bit, in order to get an equaliser, or to stay in the game.

Being confident, or having confidence, in our teams ability to win a game is a good thing. However over confidence looks arrogant, and smug, which are both, very unattractive, and disrespectful.

For the bit in bold: by whom and to whom?

We're Rangers fans on a Rangers forum. We can be as smug and arrogant as we like on here. As long as the players are professional and the fans at the games keep offering their support, even when things go wrong, I can't see how it is a problem.