I Blame The Officials

LOUDnPROUD

To me, Holt wasn't on the ball and since his back was to the goal, it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity. It's a very soft penalty to me at best.

It was more of a 50-50 ball With both players extending their bodies to get on the ball.

Could the center have given it? Yes but I would imagine that most would not.

The handball was a good non call because arm was in a natural position and not extended. Was it an advantage? Yes but not intentional

holt wasnt on the ball because he played it wide then hibs player came thru him , im not expecting a red card so goalscoring oppertunity doesnt matter , its a penalty all day long , i agree on the handball although could argue the point on the challenge in the build up

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first was a penalty. The handball wasn't.

Have to expect decisions to go against you at times, though.

Think spending too much time on the ref in this game misses the point.

Yep - This!

Refs are bad - but we sound like tarries moaning about decisions - finishing and for me, lack of penetration when we had a lot of possession was the issues to be addressed!

Yep - This!

Refs are bad - but we sound like tarries moaning about decisions - finishing and for me, lack of penetration when we had a lot of possession was the issues to be addressed!

if you go through the thread you will find most ppl agree the ref wasnt too blame but does that mean we cant discuss it ?

Take our chances and the refs cant influence the outcome, yes we should have had a penalty in the first few minutes but we should have have at keast 2 goald from the chances we missed.

First off I'm not making any excuses on behalf of the performance of the team, the defending was atrocious and the goal we scored was jammy. (Cheers Darren) We where also unlucky with hitting the woodwork on a three occasions, but the finishing should have been better.

HOWEVER at the start of the game about 4 mins in, we had a STONEWALL penalty ignored because the prick of a ref didn't want to make such a big call so early. then in the second half it was CLEARLY a handball in the box and again no penalty.

It beggars belief how we didn't get at least one of those, what do we pay these officials for it seems they are the cunts who need to go to specsavers instead of promoting it.

We probably didn't deserve to win but with that being said we didn't deserve to loose either, in fairness it should have been a draw if one of the two clear cut PKs where awarded and scored.

Thoughts?

HOWEVER at the start of the game about 4 mins in, we had a STONEWALL penalty ignored because the prick of a ref didn't want to make such a big call so early. then in the second half it was CLEARLY a handball in the box and again no penalty.

It beggars belief how we didn't get at least one of those, what do we pay these officials for it seems they are the cunts who need to go to specsavers instead of promoting it.

Shitebags the lot of them, scared of making a decision in case they get hounded with abuse off the taigs.

Ref shit his pants, not good enough.

who is moaning though ?or did you post without reading

3 from the first page alone - sounds a bit moany to me - perhaps I'm just a sensitive lad! but at least I can read!

Well you know the qualifications are based around the 10 offences which result in a direct free kick. Id be expecting a direct free kick for us or against us had such a challenge been committed outside the box.

Possibly but I still wouldn't have given it and would have told them to get up.

Refereeing at a U13-14 tourney this afternoon and see a damn old guy wearing an ugly new green Septic jersey at the fields. Haven't asked him if he was a priest or not.

Possibly but I still wouldn't have given it and would have told them to get up.

Refereeing at a U13-14 tourney this afternoon and see a damn old guy wearing an ugly new green Septic jersey at the fields. Haven't asked him if he was a priest or not.

told who too get up ? Our player got straight back up because we had possesion ?

Hence the 50/50 comment.

50/50 has nothing to do with It,you said it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity,nothing In the rule book says It has to be.

A kick awarded to a team because an opponent was charged with a direct free kick offense within his/her own penalty area. This definition is reinforced in Rule 14-1-1 that indicates: A penalty kick shall be awarded when a foul which ordinarily results in the awarding of a direct free kick, occurs within the offending team’s penalty area..

And On the off chance you don't know what the 10 offences for a direct free-kick,they are

FIFA Laws of the Game 2015-16

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
  • trips or attempts to trip an opponent
  • jumps at an opponent
  • charges an opponent
  • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
  • pushes an opponent
  • tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

Stone wall penalty on holt and I think the ref was thinking about giving it but Holt got straight up to get the ball, IMO if he stayed down and protested we would have got the penalty.

this, he was either too honest for his own good or was just not quick thinking enough to make a meal of it which players all over the world would have done

50/50 has nothing to do with It,you said it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity,nothing In the rule book says It has to be.

A kick awarded to a team because an opponent was charged with a direct free kick offense within his/her own penalty area. This definition is reinforced in Rule 14-1-1 that indicates: A penalty kick shall be awarded when a foul which ordinarily results in the awarding of a direct free kick, occurs within the offending team’s penalty area..

And On the off chance you don't know what the 10 offences for a direct free-kick,they are

FIFA Laws of the Game 2015-16

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
  • trips or attempts to trip an opponent
  • jumps at an opponent
  • charges an opponent
  • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
  • pushes an opponent
  • tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

There was no excessive force...it was a fair challenge on a 50/50 ball and both players lunging for a ball neither was in possession. Ref got it right.