*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

I know Cheltenham is only a week away, but total of 26 runners for 6 races at Lingfield is dire.

Roll on next week.

The field sizes in uk jump racing just now is a disgrace barely any races playing 3 places anymore 

10 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

I know Cheltenham is only a week away, but total of 26 runners for 6 races at Lingfield is dire.

Roll on next week.

There was a question on Tipping Point yesterday, which UK racecourse is the busiest in Europe.

Answer they wanted was Lingfield. It's the only track in Europe I can think of that does Flat Turf, AW Flat and Jumps but still can't work that one out. Apart from that Easter thing they started doing, anytime you see it on the TV there's no cunt there. And they're the only track that doesn't have floodlights for AW night meetings.

Not obsessing over a question on a daft quiz show right enough... :hmmm:

15 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

There was a question on Tipping Point yesterday, which UK racecourse is the busiest in Europe.

Not obsessing over a question on a daft quiz show right enough... :hmmm:

Probably a better question for Pointless  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

Do we have our eyes on any for Cheltenham, folks.

Think the Irish will wipe the floor with us again.

Have always looked at the festival as wondering what trainers are going to do, but it's stopped working. The top Irish trainers have too many horses out and I've not been following most of them. Might be looking for a GB-based trainer to turn up with a good one in a low-profile race out of the blue. Henry Daly or someone like that. NTD, Fergal O'Brien or Jonjo. Looks like NJH has all but chucked it imo. Nicholls seems to be doing the best out of all GB trainers just now and probably a good one for a price against the Irish lot.

Stats for Cheltenham over the last 5 years attached, but this is trainers when what I think we're looking for now is horses. Haven't a clue anymore to be honest.

Screenshot2024-03-07001146.thumb.png.23bff61cc9474f2ba5e86d8247794702.png

This is for all meetings, not just the festival.

Thanks for this @theblueoysterbar

I'd agree regarding NJH. I think the CH situation has hit him hard and he may have a festival without a winner (I think for the first time in 16yrs).

My 'pin on the page' has thrown up Ballyburn, Theleme, Dysart Enos, Lossiemouth, Shishkin, Chianti Classico.     Bottom line, I don't really have a clue how the festival will go.

Happy betting

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Get in there mate

A was sharing a steam room wae the legend tumshie this morning 😂 didn't even realise it was him till a was in the pool n he didn't have his specs on so he couldn't see me 😂😂😂

He has been on the sick since after xmas mate.