Going in the right direction

KingKirk

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Diagouraga would have been but I think Warburton is looking for an experienced midfield general for that role for which you need experience to be the heartbeat of the team.

My boss is a Leeds fan & saw Diagouraga on Saturday - reckoned he looked the part, so that may turn out to be a missed opportunity.

Hopefully we've now got enough firepower that the defensive side of things won't be an issue.

I'd expect O'Halloran to walk straight into the team - be interesting to see who makes way.

14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

My boss is a Leeds fan & saw Diagouraga on Saturday - reckoned he looked the part, so that may turn out to be a missed opportunity.

Hopefully we've now got enough firepower that the defensive side of things won't be an issue.

I'd expect O'Halloran to walk straight into the team - be interesting to see who makes way.

Watched the highlights and he scored a good goal, but never saw much else as it was just highlights.

I agree with your post about having brought in the players who may well be able to assist in helping us convert more than we miss, thus putting less pressure on the defence to an extent.

It will be interesting to see who he replaces.

:uk: 

6 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The law of averages would mean that some won't succeed but he's done well with the signings so far and long may it continue.

Only Oduwa never worked out. And he showed more heart than most signings under the previous manager. Even if three out of five come good the we're on our way back.

9 minutes ago, dougaaley said:

If it wasn't for Wilson's blocks we would have lost that game on Saturday - give the guy some credit.

I agree.  Honestly do not think Wilson is as bad as some make out, certainly defensively.  He does however have a tendency to try and pick out passes he doesn't have in his locker and concedes possession too much.  Considering how much MW talks about protecting the ball I am surprised he continues to do it.  Nice simple passes will do, he can let others worry about moving the ball into the final third.

People saying Crooks and Windass are going to be excellent is a little premature since they haven't even kicked a ball yet. Same for MOH and King lost possession a couple of times before his awesome header. I'm as excited as everyone else since they appear to be promising signings but they need to prove themselves before uprooting Law, Miller etc. A much stronger bench definitely intensifies competition and that can only be good.

1 hour ago, dougaaley said:

If it wasn't for Wilson's blocks we would have lost that game on Saturday - give the guy some credit.

Watch the highlights back and you'll see Wilson at fault twice in one move which resulted in Falkirk boy heading a sitter over the bar in first 15mins to get him out of jail.  I've watched him closely all season hoping for him to come good but sadly I think the sphell will find him out big time.

It will be Kenny Miller that makes way for MOH. Kenny has been playing well and will still give a good 20 mins. Whoever of the top 3 is not having a good game will get hooked and it will be Kenny on. It may even be that if they are having a great game that Kenny comes on late in the game to freshen (:pipe:) it up.

47 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

It will be Kenny Miller that makes way for MOH. Kenny has been playing well and will still give a good 20 mins. Whoever of the top 3 is not having a good game will get hooked and it will be Kenny on. It may even be that if they are having a great game that Kenny comes on late in the game to freshen (:pipe:) it up.

I think, too, that Kenny will be doing a lot of coaching with the likes of young Hardie (who showed great potential in those couple of games under McCall).

Things are looking good so far.

I think Warbs is here for the long haul, not just 3 years!! (Fingers crossed!)

Never Forgive Never Forget

1 minute ago, terry739 said:

I think, too, that Kenny will be doing a lot of coaching with the likes of young Hardie (who showed great potential in those couple of games under McCall).

Things are looking good so far.

I think Warbs is here for the long haul, not just 3 years!! (Fingers crossed!)

Miller is taking over from Durrant as under 21s manager next season 

he was on the touch line at Lennoxtown yesterday doing his thing obviously getting bedded in 

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Watch the highlights back and you'll see Wilson at fault twice in one move which resulted in Falkirk boy heading a sitter over the bar in first 15mins to get him out of jail.  I've watched him closely all season hoping for him to come good but sadly I think the sphell will find him out big time.

Was definitely a 'curate's egg' of a performance by Wilson - good in parts....

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

he was on the touch line at Lennoxtown yesterday doing his thing obviously getting bedded in 

Still think Miller is a good enough player to have an impact for the rest of this season. 

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Good to hear!