Sack The Manager

BridgeIsBlue

On 6 February 2016 at 9:18 PM, Smile said:

Two games against SPL opposition and we haven't won any, i think Warburtons the right man for the job but is not getting the financial backing he needs.

Who didn't he get the financial backing to bring in? One player, who at 29, was over priced for where we are. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who didn't he get the financial backing to bring in? One player, who at 29, was over priced for where we are. 

Smile is just being Smile. Ignoring what the manager says to suit his opinion and continue his crusade against the board in ignorance.

He's the trolls troll.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Closer to a million, plus wages on top of that. For a 29 year old who'll have none of the "sell on value" we've spent the last 3 and a bit years greeting about.

Who said it was close to a million i read 600k, and off course we are going to have to pay the guy that's a given. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Who said it was close to a million i read 600k, and off course we are going to have to pay the guy that's a given. 

Quite a few places. Every where I've seen quoting 600k say it's an "initial" 600k. 

So so even allowing for it being 600k initially, plus wages, where's the sell on value we now demand? 

Just now, The Dude said:

Quite a few places. Every where I've seen quoting 600k say it's an "initial" 600k. 

So so even allowing for it being 600k initially, plus wages, where's the sell on value we now demand? 

Who's demanding the sell on value in this scenario. ?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Take it you missed the last 4 years? Apparently everyone should have sell on value now. I guess we must only demand it when we can use it as a stick to beat the manager with...

I agree that's why at times its used.

I think it will always be hard to attract players to our league as its so shit now, we can only really rely on the lure of Warburton which must have not been enough in this case.

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree that's why at times its used.

I think it will always be hard to attract players to our league as its so shit now, we can only really rely on the lure of Warburton which must have not been enough in this case.

Once we have Europe again it'll be a big draw. Until then it's much more about the personal attraction to the player (fan, worked with coaches before etc)