Out of contract players

jackm

Given McKay, Miller, Holt and Halliday have all been rewarded with new deals recently - Do any of the players out of contract in the summer deserve a new contract?

These are the players I think are out of contract:

Bell
Law
Templeton
Clark
Forrester
Shiels
Gostomski

For me a case could me made for Law, Forrester and perhaps Shiels (probably only as squad players) but apart from that the rest wouldn't be a great loss. Just wondering what others think?

I reckon Law, Forrester, Shiels and maybe Clark could be offered deals, depending on who is available in the summer and who Warburton thinks will come.

I do think Forrester will stay, think he's looked dangerous every time he's come on. Cases can be made for Law as well IMO, the others, Crooks, Windass and the rest of the summer arrivals will probably take their spots.

We should be going up a tier of player tbh,

Law has been there and done it in the top league and could possibly be useful, tbh I would rather see if the gaffer has anyone better lined up.

Shiels is an impact sub, doesn't quite have that same spark when on from the start, would let him go.

Temps, I feel sorry for him but for someone who's been here so long I'm underwhelmed with what we've gained from him signing, The gaffer clearly seen something in him to start him though but I'd cut my losses. He will go on to be a star man for your Killies or your Motherwells when he's not on the treatment table.

Bell, there's a decent keeper in there, I think the jersey is too heavy for him though. He will not be displacing big Wes and isn't on the same level so I'd wave cheerio.

Forrester, I think he has something, the gaffer clearly agrees, I like his directness and hopefully between now and the end of the season he gets up to speed.

Gostomski, I know fuckall about this lad, maybe the gaffer wants a longer look at him in training etc as I don't even think he's been on the bench?

Clark has amazing professionalism, doesn't matter how long he is out the team or flak he has taken he still has a great attitude towards us when he's selected, I'm one of the guys who scratches his head when the gaffer sends him on as a sub but he occasionally makes an arse of me, which I don't mind at all. Last night being a particular highlight. Is he good enough for the top league? Europe?

I doubt that but maybe he will ram those words down my throat again.

We need players who can take us to the next level.  After the summer our target will be to win the top-flight and qualify for Europe.  Many of the guys we currently have wont be good enough.  The more mediocre players we hold on to the harder it will be to find room in the wage budget for new and better players.