Auction Item

gafc

Hi Folks

The boys football club I help coach have an interesting item for auction to raise some club funds that may interest some people on here.

It is a limited edition print of Ibrox from Fife artist Jimmy Page. Really nice print and the starting bid is at £50.

Full details are here:

on.fb.me/1mJrtVH

Apologies if this is in the wrong place on the board

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:
7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:
7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wow, that's brilliant. is that a pencil drawing?

Wow, that's brilliant. is that a pencil drawing?

Any chance of a better link or maybe even a photo?

I think it might be originally a pencil drawing, but this is not the original, just a limited edition print.

The detail in it is very good and not sure if you can see from the photo, but there is a bit of colour with the nearest 3 people to the road. The child in the middle is wearing Rangers colours.

Don't have much detail on the artist, but I believe he has had a few exhibitions and has sold this particular print for a considerable sum before now. The starting bid is a bit of a bargain!

19 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

very nice print, if this isn't sold in 8 days (when I will get paid) - I will consider making a bid

It is available for bids on the Facebook page until 2nd March. The highest bid will then get taken onto the fundraising race night to see if it can be bettered

Cracking picture that! Hope it goes for a decent amount!

I really dont understand how prints become so expencive tho. Its crazy some of the money they go for. Iv got a couple of good prints myself but I often wonder why I paid so much for what is essentially a photo copy lol

Not dissing your print btw was just mentioning what I think. If I had a spare bit of cash id bid for your pic! Good luck with thr auction

42 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Same question here,id love this

I clicked on Virtuosos link and got the following info. I'm now wondering how much for one of the 950? :pipe:

Glenrothes Athletic Auction - Lot 2

Lot number 2 in the auction is another print from Fife artist Jimmy Page. This is a 50cm x 70cm print of Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow.

The print is Limited Edition of 950 and was donated to the club by Jimmy himself.

I see they also have a couple of Scott Brown signed shirts up for grabs as well as a limited edition print of Torbett Towers.

Glenrothes Athletic Auction - Lot 6

Lot number 6 is this framed and signed Scott Brown Celtic home shirt from season 2014/15.

The shirt is short sleeved should the winning bidder wish to remove from the frame, and was signed personally by Scott at Athletic training last year (photo attached).

All questions answered and further pictures are available on request.

Starting bid is £50 and closing date is 9pm Wednesday 2nd March 2016.

Bid by commenting on this post or sending a message to the page. Feel free to share the post, however bids must be on this original post.

Good luck, and many thanks to Scott for the kind donation

16 hours ago, blueretro said:

What size is it and how many are in the limited edition? 

Think this has already been answered but, size is 50cm x 70cm and it is limited edition of 950.

Don't have it on me at the moment, but sure it was dated 2006 or 2007 time, so not sure how many are going about for sale as it's not very recent.

The artist donated this one to us directly

14 hours ago, blueretro said:

I see they also have a couple of Scott Brown signed shirts up for grabs as well as a limited edition print of Torbett Towers.

Glenrothes Athletic Auction - Lot 6

Lot number 6 is this framed and signed Scott Brown Celtic home shirt from season 2014/15.

The shirt is short sleeved should the winning bidder wish to remove from the frame, and was signed personally by Scott at Athletic training last year (photo attached).

All questions answered and further pictures are available on request.

Starting bid is £50 and closing date is 9pm Wednesday 2nd March 2016.

Bid by commenting on this post or sending a message to the page. Feel free to share the post, however bids must be on this original post.

Good luck, and many thanks to Scott for the kind donation

Am I missing something? I had to read that a couple of times to see if it had anything to do with us! :power_of_anguish:Sorry but who cares about anything to do with the bheasts? 

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

Am I missing something? I had to read that a couple of times to see if it had anything to do with us! :power_of_anguish:Sorry but who cares about anything to do with the bheasts? 

I think it shows the op is not a Rangers fan and only joined this forum to try and increase bids on an auction item that is related to Rangers.

11 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I think it shows the op is not a Rangers fan and only joined this forum to try and increase bids on an auction item that is related to Rangers.

How dare he try and raise money for a boys club by advertising a Rangers item on a Rangers forum :belm: