Condition of our players

markem

It's clear to all that our squad are in good condition however yesterday really made the point for me.  To a man our players look like athletes and its not a bit of an exaggeration to say Dundee looked like a pub team stood beside our players.  It's wonderful to see and an absolute embarrassment for Dundee.  Full time footballers, they are having a laugh.  In all honesty when the teams came out the tunnel I knew in a instant they could not live with us.  Harkins?, that useless fat mess is the captain of their club, he's the standard? 

Thank you Mr Warburton, finally we are operating to the standards reflective of what Rangers are all about.  

16 minutes ago, markem said:

It's clear to all that our squad are in good condition however yesterday really made the point for me.  To a man our players look like athletes and its not a bit of an exaggeration to say Dundee looked like a pub team stood beside our players.  It's wonderful to see and an absolute embarrassment for Dundee.  Full time footballers, they are having a laugh.  In all honesty when the teams came out the tunnel I knew in a instant they could not live with us.  Harkins?, that useless fat mess is the captain of their club, he's the standard? 

Thank you Mr Warburton, finally we are operating to the standards reflective of what Rangers are all about.  

Not having seen Dundee play for many years due to my viewing boycott of all things SPL I was totally unprepared for what transpired yesterday regarding fitness levels. On several stories on the build up to the game the universal consensus was that Dundee are one of the fittest teams in the Premier League that enables them to keep up pressure on the opposition by the way they play a high line and close down attacks quickly.

Now we all know our team are without doubt the fittest Championship side around, so I had it in my mind that Dundee might just edge us in the fitness stakes if it was a tight finish; Well we soon put that theory to bed as we left Dundee trailing in our wake as we attacked them relentlessly to the final whistle.

Thoroughbred Racehorses against Clydesdale plodders more like it.  :pipe:

Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace did a post-match interview, no 5-10 minutes after the game (had their suits on). and honestly you would never of think they had just played 90 minutes of intense football. 

Christ I remember last year, Boyd would have a swimming pool size of a sweat patch after just 10 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

consensus wasthat Dundee are one of the fittest teams in the Premier League that enables them to keep up pressure on the opposition by the way they play a high line and close down attacks quickly.:pipe:

Due to my own lack of interest in that Division I never knew that.  That makes my own take on yesterday even more incredible.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Due to my own lack of interest in that Division I never knew that.  That makes my own take on yesterday even more incredible.

As I said; I was only going by accounts on a few websites and snippets about Dundee in several newspaper stories leading up to the game. In fact I read a comment from Paul Hartley lauding the fitness of his players in the 0-0 draw with the scum midweek where Dundee had a few opportunities to win the game at the death due to them overrunning the tarriers defence. They also rested 5 players from that 0-0 draw so they really had no excuse for wilting against us.

48 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Rangers fitness has been taken to a new level and it's no coincidence that we score so many late goals.

I think that's where we'll get a lot of usage from O'halloran, defenders just wouldn't be able to match his pace past 70odd minutes due to being that tired 

The prime example for me is Rob Kiernan ( i know I love him too much). He was huge when he came and hes got even bigger and stronger, his pace had improved dramatically and he takes to the fitness side of things like a duck to water. Every opportunity he has to hydrate he does, he even brung out an energy bar n put it behind the goal at the start of the second half. Fucking love it the now love it.