• Jason Holt
    • Dean Shiels
    • Nicky Law
    • Barry McKay
    • Harry forrester
    • Kenny Miller
    • Micheal O'halloran
    • Martyn Waghorn

McKay for me. Dundee tried to put him out the game with a number of hefty challenges and the wee man brushed them off and actually improved as the game went on. Dundee obviously knew his importance to the team.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard decision, so many deserving of it at this stage of the season IMO.

But, without a shadow of a doubt, the player most important to the system is Rob Kiernan. Think the big man has performed superbly in a system that constantly exposes ourselves to a counter, he's won pretty much everything.

Big man is immense.

Miller for me so far although there is another 5 or 6 that I wouldn't argue against winning it. Opted for Kenny mainly for the effort he puts into every game he plays, he sets a great example to the younger players in the squad and looks to be getting fitter and sharper as the season progresses.

The contrast from last year's team is astounding. I also found it difficult to pick a player of the season but for very different reasons.

Such a difficult decision to be honest, would of been Tav hands down if he kept up his earlier form. Kenny Miller is definitely put himself into the mix recently. Holt has been sensational and Waghorn has got the goals. 

Will go for Wallace though, consistent, reliable and has scored a few crackers. 

30 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Think of it as a POTY up till now. 

What's the issue with discussing who our better players have been this season (up until now)?

No issue but that's not what the O/P has asked.  It's too early to decide who's player of the season (not year), obviously.  It's still up for grabs, as this poll demonstrates; if it had been taken three weeks ago I very much doubt Waldo would be leading.  

22 minutes ago, Briton said:

No issue but that's not what the O/P has asked.  It's too early to decide who's player of the season (not year), obviously.  It's still up for grabs, as this poll demonstrates; if it had been taken three weeks ago I very much doubt Waldo would be leading.  

Yeah but OPs an idiot who wanted it to be serious, fucked up and made another one.

Voted Lee Wallace but its between he Holt and Waghorn for me. Wallace has developed into an outstanding Rangers captain. The kind of man that epitomises the role. Waghorn excellent but his injury meaning he will likely miss 2 months of season kind of sets him back a bit. Holt has never once dipped in form loves to bomb forward. He is certainly not the quickest but is excellent at going past a man always bombing forward and working back. the period we had our dip in form just before Christmas Holt was outstanding carried the team.

32 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

the period we had our dip in form just before Christmas Holt was outstanding carried the team

That 2/3 weeks when he was injured showed just how vital he is and creative. In saying that when he came back afterwards he wasn't his usual self, I'd say he's came back into himself the past 3/4 weeks. 

16 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

That 2/3 weeks when he was injured showed just how vital he is and creative. In saying that when he came back afterwards he wasn't his usual self, I'd say he's came back into himself the past 3/4 weeks. 

Yeah. Really just a fitness thing, I reckon. He plays the kind of game that relies completely on being at top fitness.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yeah. Really just a fitness thing, I reckon. He plays the kind of game that relies completely on being at top fitness.

Not just him, the whole team really. Given how fast paced we play and aggressive, if you can't keep up a good work rate for 90+ minutes then they'll no make it in the first team. Kris Boyd for example, if he came back he would need to get in shape. Mr Warburton wouldn't have him being as un-fit as what he was just to get subbed on, do nothing bar sweat his pan out. Waghorn on the other hand, goes full throttle the whole game and is all over the park. He also feeds into other players rather than poach. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Not just him, the whole team really. Given how fast paced we play and aggressive, if you can't keep up a good work rate for 90+ minutes then they'll no make it in the first team. Kris Boyd for example, if he came back he would need to get in shape. Mr Warburton wouldn't have him being as un-fit as what he was just to get subbed on, do nothing bar sweat his pan out. Waghorn on the other hand, goes full throttle the whole game and is all over the park. He also feeds into other players rather than poach. 

Yeah, definitely.

I just think Holt's game relies more than most on getting around the park. He's the most industrious player in the team.

But yeah, you're right. I think the fitness thing probably has a fair bit to do with the improvement in Forrester too. 

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Kiernan should be higher ;)

I think he did well to get the points he did as he's made a lot of daft mistakes at the back. No one has to agree it's up to the individual what they think.

Tav would have got higher if he hadn't had the dip McKay I had as my player of the season but I don't think he's been at it every game these things fluctuate throughout the season.

The point systems better.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, definitely.

I just think Holt's game relies more than most on getting around the park. He's the most industrious player in the team.

But yeah, you're right. I think the fitness thing probably has a fair bit to do with the improvement in Forrester too. 

Holts all over the place he really puts effort into his play. and for 65k a great bargain. 

Forrester is coming on really good too, think he was trying to hard at first but I think that first goal can just give them a massive confidence boost especially when it's the winner. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think he did well to get the points he did as he's made a lot of daft mistakes at the back. No one has to agree its up to the individual what they think.

am messing with ye mate :cheers: 

just biased haha