Pre Season Trip(s)

Seen this question asked on FB.

Any team you would like to play in a friendly during pre season?

Would like to play Linfield as they helped us during our troubles, already rumours of us playing them for Jamie Mulgrews testimonial.

Would like a trip to England as missed the previous ones.

Malaga and Leeds were rumoured for this season, would both be pretty good trips.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to Dean Shiels on Saturday morning - he's saying we are playing Charleston in America. Date to be confirmed. Can't confirm anything until we know if we are playing in Europe, or not.

Linfield away midweek in August, too.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Was speaking to Dean Shiels on Saturday morning - he's saying we are playing Charleston in America. Date to be confirmed. Can't confirm anything until we know if we are playing in Europe, or not.

Linfield away midweek in August, too.

Hi mate is that the game in dallas ? 

Just now, Vwbear said:

Hi mate is that the game in dallas ? 

Details are a bit sketchy as nothing can be confirmed yet but what I heard too was a camp in Florida instead of Dallas with a game in Charleston but Charleston is about a 6 hour drive up the coast so maybe they will just base at Charleston instead.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Details are a bit sketchy as nothing can be confirmed yet but what I heard too was a camp in Florida instead of Dallas with a game in Charleston but Charleston is about a 6 hour drive up the coast so maybe they will just base at Charleston instead.

Florida in July sounds to good to be true

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Do we have to play in the league cup in like June/July due to the new format?

The new shite format means we probably won't get any decent pre season friendlies. Unless we have the option to postpone a couple of the games.

7 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The new shite format means we probably won't get any decent pre season friendlies. Unless we have the option to postpone a couple of the games.

We done that 2 years ago and it gave us a silly backlog we didn't need

3 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Florida in July sounds to good to be true

That was what I heard at Montrose on Thursday at the unders game (Florida with game against Charleston) - probably best source you can get - close to the horses mouth.

Then when I was talking to Dean on Saturday morning and he was saying it was Charleston rather than Florida so a little bit conflicting unless I've missed something.

Just be nice to know asap to get it booked/best deal possible.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That was what I heard at Montrose on Thursday at the unders game (Florida with game against Charleston) - probably best source you can get - close to the horses mouth.

Then when I was talking to Dean on Saturday morning and he was saying it was Charleston rather than Florida so a little bit conflicting unless I've missed something.

Just be nice to know asap to get it booked/best deal possible.

Exactly especially when it's so far away it would be a lot of travel arrangements to sort out