How much can we afford???

22 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I'm sure hes not all about the money, Barton probably wouldn't be up here either if it was about the money.  MW is clearly trying to sell loyalty, discipline and a fucking buzzing atmosphere in the dressing room.  As mentioned if a top 6 team came in for him would he go, probably BUT what if the likes of Everton came in for him??? He has the nous to make them a top 6 team surely.

I'd guess that he's probably on £15-18K at the minute.

As for the scoffs at the £50k a week. Why not thats potentially a total of 3 players wages (for argument Wallace £15k, Waghorn £15k and top striker £20k) when we are back established in European competition. Now i'm not saying we do with-out the players but, lets say we sell Rossiter in 3 years time for £8M, then the profit IRO £6.2M once the £250k purchase price and his wages of 10k are taken off (but not including bonuses or yearly increase if any) more than covers MWs wages for the 4 years he would have been at the club at that point and leaves £2m spare. 

Ifs and buts, but i do believe that we could afford £50k a week if needs be, but then i suppose it would come down to us being loyal to him and allowing him to further his career. 

I honestly don't think we can afford £15k never mind £50k , we are a million miles from that in my opinion