Smile

Falkirk v Kilmarnock  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win this

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in Killie, and given they were the only cunts that didn't seem to lament us, feel a bit pleased for them. Also seen a clip of Boyd talking about last season and he was brilliantly honest that he, and we, weren't up to scratch.

They'd have been utterly doomed had they lost this game.

15 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Sakes! Haha! Don't know what's worse him or celebrating like you've won the league.......

CjEsaFgWYAENFB0.jpg

This was all for show for the TV by the looks of it.  A couple of players said in their interviews that the club was disappointed to finish in the relegation playoff spot.

I wish the extra 5-6 thousand fans that showed up did so every other week or so and they'd be making a huge difference to the quality and entertainment of Scottish Football

21 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I wish the extra 5-6 thousand fans that showed up did so every other week or so and they'd be making a huge difference to the quality and entertainment of Scottish Football

It'd they dropped the prices to say 8 an adult and 3 a kid it would make a huge difference. If that game hadn't have been a playoff then u would've heard the players talking and the wind blowing through the microphone things it's really dull. Instead of wasting money on shit like face recognition and sectarianism they could fund things like away support buses ticket prices and switch to summer football and have the break somewhere else in the year. 

32 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

This. If the fans just backed their teams through thick and thin the game would be much healthier in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Fabric said:

It'd they dropped the prices to say 8 an adult and 3 a kid it would make a huge difference. If that game hadn't have been a playoff then u would've heard the players talking and the wind blowing through the microphone things it's really dull. Instead of wasting money on shit like face recognition and sectarianism they could fund things like away support buses ticket prices and switch to summer football and have the break somewhere else in the year. 

Chairman of these clubs seem scared to drop prices in case people don't turn up. Surely a full stadium is better than an empty one? Let kids in for free, but they must be accompanied by an adult. Breeds the next generation of fans and helps keep the club afloat.

5 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

This. If the fans just backed their teams through thick and thin the game would be much healthier in Scotland.

Chairman of these clubs seem scared to drop prices in case people don't turn up. Surely a full stadium is better than an empty one? Let kids in for free, but they must be accompanied by an adult. Breeds the next generation of fans and helps keep the club afloat.

Killie did used to let kids in to the Moffat stand for free, Rangers and tim games aside. Then the season after it was £1 for kids. That was about 2004-2005 when I stayed through there, they used to fill the stand no bother for games against Motherwell etc.. Now they close the stand for those types of games

It makes so much more sense to get the kids in for free or £1 again, as they might end up falling in love with Kilmarnock (doubtful) and be future season ticket holders

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

If they did the adult/child thing u would prob get old firm supporters taking their kids to their local ground when us or then weren't playing. I was going to take my 2 boys to that game yesterday in killie end but had to pick my van up from the garage at 2 bells or I would've been there. I would be interested to see how much the adults and kids tickets were for that game.

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Fabric said:

The problem with dropping the prices though is that it might work for a few games but then the people who didnt go before will stop going again and they are then in a worse position than now

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

The problem with dropping the prices though is that it might work for a few games but then the people who didnt go before will stop going again and they are then in a worse position than now

So keep the prices high and ensure an empty stadium?

Going to games is a habit, get the prices right and people will turn up most of the time. These clubs could make a killing from the food sales every other week if they had decent attendances, and performances may improve with a bit of atmosphere in the ground.

32 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

So keep the prices high and ensure an empty stadium?

Going to games is a habit, get the prices right and people will turn up most of the time. These clubs could make a killing from the food sales every other week if they had decent attendances, and performances may improve with a bit of atmosphere in the ground.

No , find external funding too support their youth systems , get those youths playing a brand of football that people want too watch and the crowds will come , dont run your business were relegation would probably finish you

28 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No , find external funding too support their youth systems , get those youths playing a brand of football that people want too watch and the crowds will come , dont run your business were relegation would probably finish you

The rumours were circulating that Killie were going part-time if they had been relegated.

How do clubs like Killie find sufficient external funding to support their youth system?

It is catch 22, but for me getting bums on seats will bring in extra revenue, in the absence of decent football they should look at dropping prices to encourage attendance.

On 23 May 2016 at 8:55 AM, Gaz52 said:

Same thing with Hibs. How much better a place would they be in if the number of fans that turned up for the cup final and the victory parade turned up every week?

Aberdeen are another lot of fans who are the same. 19,000 and 20,000 at their games against celtic last season but their average attendance over the whole season is only 13,000.

If the "fans" of these clubs made as much effort to support their teams every week rather than coming out the woodwork when the big occasions come around then Scottish football would be in a far better place.

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It should be the club's responsibility to provide entertainment for home games to keep people coming back, we as Rangers fans will always go back as we play to win every game and to win trophies etc. Now we have a great style of play to watch as well. We've also done things like family days, armed forces day etc. Which kids love and it makes them always want to go back to the football

If Killie and the likes dropped prices and provided some entertainment then you'd think the kids would want to keep going back as it's something fun for them to do at a good price 

1 hour ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

The rumours were circulating that Killie were going part-time if they had been relegated.

How do clubs like Killie find sufficient external funding to support their youth system?

It is catch 22, but for me getting bums on seats will bring in extra revenue, in the absence of decent football they should look at dropping prices to encourage attendance.

Yeah dont get me wrong the prices for football should come down but just dropping prices wont get crowds for killie

49 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah dont get me wrong the prices for football should come down but just dropping prices wont get crowds for killie

True. Like many clubs in Scotland, their problems run much deeper. They could do with a sugar daddy coming in.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah definitely , bringing in guys like boyd/mcculloch on what must have been decent wages cant help 

4 years without the blue pound have hit some of them very hard.

Then again look at Hibs, should have been getting good attendances at home up until their collapse. But they didn't, they're attendances were crap and that is after a successful season.

Scottish football is suffering from a real malaise and those in charge or the game need to do something to turn it around before it is terminal for a lot of these clubs.

14 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

4 years without the blue pound have hit some of them very hard.

Then again look at Hibs, should have been getting good attendances at home up until their collapse. But they didn't, they're attendances were crap and that is after a successful season.

Scottish football is suffering from a real malaise and those in charge or the game need to do something to turn it around before it is terminal for a lot of these clubs.

It's not just Scottish football though; it is happening in other places also. Look at Twente, in the Netherlands, they have had financial problems again, and have now been relegated. Football has a great deal of money concentrated in bigger leagues, and virtually no money, in comparison, in others. I actually think the state of football in Europe should be a matter for UEFA, with the effect the CL has on club football throughout Europe being looked at. That won't happen, but we are seeing some great clubs struggling to cope with the situation as it presently stands.