Rangers Legends in Inverness

bluepeter

2 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Clachnacuddin (local highland league team I think...)  https://m.facebook.com/events/886756274774770 Testimonial for some player.

Not too fussed who they're playing, I'm only going to see the Rangers :D 

They still playing at Grant Street? Possibly the only bear here who has seen Rangers play Caley at Telford Street. Can't even remember the year but remember  some of the Rangers team and that the score was defo 6-3 to Rangers.  Not sure if there were programmes that day or not. 

16 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

They still playing at Grant Street? Possibly the only bear here who has seen Rangers play Caley at Telford Street. Can't even remember the year but remember  some of the Rangers team and that the score was defo 6-3 to Rangers.  Not sure if there were programmes that day or not. 

Yep, Grant Street (tu) 

38 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

I was at the game mate, Big Billy scored against us and we signed him.78/79 I think.

2 hours ago, piperpete said:

I was at the game mate, Big Billy scored against us and we signed him.78/79 I think.

Wow cheers, had it a couple of years earlier in my head. Think I'm also confused as to who was in the team but know for sure big McLoy was in goal.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I was at Grant St a few years ago, think it was 2010. I remember a young Wylde, Hutton and Kerkar playing. What a dump of a ground!!

Your on the border of "The Ferry" which makes Shettelston appear palatial 

2 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Your on the border of "The Ferry" which makes Shettelston appear palatial 

I always like visiting Inverness, generally a nice tidy wee city. However, my eyes were opened that day. The ground is in the middle of what looks like a council estate. I'm amazed they are still playing there, it's like walking into the 1930s! I may be a bit biased as I grew up in Elgin, and remember the great Highland league days when the Inverness teams came to play, there used to be a lot of bother in those days!

17 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

HaHa, ah the memories of Kessock Ferry. Not the most salubrious area of the highlands for sure.

I had a mate who owned the motel at the top of Telford st GM.I also know auld Monty at the Gallions :7326:

57 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I'm up for this

I could do my DU wager at it being as RM has a non nudity policy

If i get a ticket of course

DU wager? As it involves nudity, I'm always ready to lend a hand... :craphead: 

I'm sure one of the pervs on here will donate the £10 ticket price, I'll take the photos for verification purposes :pipe: 

58 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I had a mate who owned the motel at the top of Telford st GM.I also know auld Monty at the Gallions :7326:

Yes, the Muirton Motel and the Gellions, knew them well. Monty's back bar at the Gellions has a folklore all of it's own.

17 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Yes, the Muirton Motel and the Gellions, knew them well. Monty's back bar at the Gellions has a folklore all of it's own.

Is George still knocking about Inverness ? Some cookie I can remember him getting caught speeding on the a9 at something likev120 miles an hour.

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

Is George still knocking about Inverness ? Some cookie I can remember him getting caught speeding on the a9 at something likev120 miles an hour.

No idea, I've been in Glasgow over 10 years now.

35 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Is that the place down the wee lane? Was open at 10am on a Sunday when stumbled in accidentally, looked like a waiting room for a liver transplant ward!

22 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Is that the place down the wee lane? Was open at 10am on a Sunday when stumbled in accidentally, looked like a waiting room for a liver transplant ward!

Thats the one, ITs drinkers look like they woukd fit IN at the bar I Srar Wars.