Your top 5 foreign players for the Gers?

Boab

in my lifetime Lauders has been our best player by a country mile

In terms of wing play and creativity, Laudrup is probably the best player I've seen in that regard at Rangers (I started going in the mid 80s - although not regularly until from around 1999).

However, I'd never try and claim he was the best-ever Rangers winger/creative threat as there have been far too many such players in the history of our club that I haven't seen.

Moreover, with respect, other players have given just as much to the club since Laudrup's time here - Goram and Gough to name but two less glamorous but equally important legends!

:)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make up your mind old chap ;)

Er, what I wrote is perfectly clear and my mind is made up fine thanks... :D

All conclusions are based on emotion and are subjective. But some choose to qualify those opinions with evidence for their analysis. As such, some conclusions can be accurate and others less so. The odd one could also be described as nonsense.

Now, why not stop the inacurate pedantry and try using a bit of evidence for your opinions.

In terms of wing play and creativity, Laudrup is probably the best player I've seen in that regard at Rangers (I started going in the mid 80s - although not regularly until from around 1999).

However, I'd never try and claim he was the best-ever Rangers winger/creative threat as there have been far too many such players in the history of our club that I haven't seen.

Moreover, with respect, other players have given just as much to the club since Laudrup's time here - Goram and Gough to name but two less glamorous but equally important legends!

Exactly, how do you compare a winger with a goalie?

i would never say hes the best EVER as i havent seen players from our past to compare him with

but definatly in my lifetime , in my opinion, Laudrup is the best player iv seen for Rangers

i would never say hes the best EVER as i havent seen players from our past to compare him with

but definatly in my lifetime , in my opinion, Laudrup is the best player iv seen for Rangers

I'd agree in terms of attacking midfielders.

The contributions from the likes of Goram, Gough and McCoist (to name but 3) means I doubt I'd could ever specify who my favorite was. I'd probably change my mind every time the question was asked.... :D

The contributions from the likes of Goram, Gough and McCoist (to name but 3) means I doubt I'd could ever specify who my favorite was. I'd probably change my mind every time the question was asked.... :D

That's the alzheimers kicking in old chap...

in terms on contribution the likes of Gough etc wins hands down of course

but in footballing ability Laudrup is the best iv seen

Interesting thread. I got into football around 94-95 so can only really judge players from then onwards.

Laudrup

Gazza

Amoruso - at times he drove me crazy but I loved the big guy.

Albertz

Prso

Can't help but feel Numan should be there too but my heart went with the above.