Tavernier.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

If a don't choke on my coffee I'll sure as hell try lol. Unless a get blocked of course

Why do you insist on conflating the a' and 'I'  pronouns, for example rather than say "I like Brenda" you insist on using "a like Brenda".  Always thought faith based schools taught to a higher standard.  

1 minute ago, rangersforever11111 said:

I'd give myself a few hours yet a quite like talking to clueless rangers fans

I might have some fun with you Chris, before I ban you. Shall I say your second name too so we aren't all 'clueless'...

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I might have some fun with you Chris, before I ban you. Shall I say your second name too so we aren't all 'clueless'...

I was hitting the ban button when I got the notification that you had just got him :D

22 minutes ago, rangersforever11111 said:

I'm not gonna argue way a clueless rangers fan.

That's a real strange way to phrase something for a Rangers fan.

EDIT: Ah, right. He's outed officially.

I think some harsh comments here. 

Tavernier is not world class but even some of the world's best attacking fullbacks are known for defensive limitations. Guys like Dani Alves, Marcelo etc are amazing going forward but are often criticised for poor decision making at the back. 

Tav going forward is vital to our style of play and has brought us many great moments this season. If anything he has fallen victim to having inconsistent central defenders next to him and a lack of a defensive midfielder protecting the defence while him and Wallace attack. He is also still a young player and will improve. He was very poor on Saturday, but was hardly the only one off the pace. We looked like a team that hadn't played for 3 weeks. We have already signed one of Britain's best DMs so this bodes well for Tav and Wallace next season. 

Can't help but like Tav but he also has a habit of running up the pitch, giving the ball away due to sloppy distribution and that immediately puts the defence under pressure. If he could improve on that he could just maybe, at a push, become a Sasa Papac. Now there was a great defender who could attack and defend.