Hibs Fan In Monumental Fuck Up After Cup Final

1 minute ago, Teamgers said:

Get the court report sent to his employers!

Don't think that will make any difference tbh...

“This gentleman is a practicing solicitor in Wisconsin, he studied in the US and owns his own law practice.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

The adverse publicity won't do him any good

But he still has to answer to whatever body allows him to practice. Who would that be and where does the complaints get sent to, with the story attached?

Fox Milwaukee, Milwaukee State Journal and his governing body, Service@wisbar.org should be contacted if anyone has email, unfortunately I am not able to do this

Well that is not entirely true, the truth is I do have email

And I have contacted them

Also, having a criminal record doesn't automatically bar you from practicing law in some US states

You do however have to explain the situation and provide evidence of good current moral behaviour 

Also depends on severity of crime ie the lesser misdemeanours or more serious felony... Eg a misdemeanour would be threatening to cause harm but not carrying through, a felony would be carrying through with said threat and causing injury through said assault

Excellent

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Immigration lawyer from Milwaukee WI, be terrible for him if the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel were to get a copy of this story. :lol:

12 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

See HPs answer

service@wisbar.org   Wisconsin State bar

12 hours ago, spion kop said:

That's the sentinal and the local sheriffs office made aware 

My understanding is that all of the above ARE now aware of this man's violent criminality at this point as are ABC's WKOW 27 tv news station and Wisconsin Public Radio.

The man by all accounts seems to have a very good record as a lawyer and it's a shame that he appears in part to have let his fellow fans behaviour on Saturday to lead him to assault two Police officers on what should have been a historic celebration for him.

Listen, if you can get away with a fine for hitting an off duty policeman, there's virtually no chance of convictions for hivs fans after attacking Rangers players and goading Rangers fans. However, the signing of one song after extreme provocation could prove to be another matter.

Well done SNP.

An update of coverage Stateside;

gannett-logo-www.jsonline.com-500wide.pn

Milwaukee lawyer jailed, fined for fight following Scotland soccer championship

A Milwaukee lawyer who returned to his native Scotland last weekend for the country's soccer championship apparently got caught up in some trash-talking on a train from Glasgow and wound up in jail -- missing his flight back to the U.S.

But rather than having to wait weeks or months, like in an American court system,Stuart Gilgannon was able to cut a plea deal and resolve his case with a big fine by the next day, according to a report from The Scotsman, the national paper of Scottand.

According to The Scotsman, Gilgannon -- who played soccer for Cardinal Stritch University before earning his law degree in 2007 from Duquesne University -- was charged with punching an off-duty police officer as both men were riding a train Sunday from Glasgow to Paisley, where Gilgannon was headed to visit his mother.

The day before, Hibernians beat Rangers 3-2 at Hampden Park in Glasgow, the club's first championship since 1902, but one marred when "Hibs" fans stormed the field, followed by Rangers fans, followed by violence and vandalism until police on horseback broke things up and arrested 11 people.

On the train the next night, his attorney told a sheriff's court, Gilgannon - an Edinburgh native and Hibernian supporter -- was provoked by talk about the game,  and made comments a prosecutor called "impolite remarks, if I can put it that way."

In the end, Gilgannon agreed to plead guilty to punching the off-duty officer and the Crown dropped a charge that he had assaulted the officer's companion, a female off-duty police officer, by lunging into her with his head.

Sheriff Robert Fife fined Gilgannon £500.

According to his law firm's website, Gilgannon specializes in immigration law.

"I treat all immigration matters as if they were my own, as I know from personal experience the strong personal and emotional connection associated with the immigration process."

His defense attorney in the Glasgow case told the sheriff there Gilgannon did not believe the matter will affect him professionally in the Wisconsin, The Scotsman reported.

6 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

An update of coverage Stateside;

gannett-logo-www.jsonline.com-500wide.pn

Milwaukee lawyer jailed, fined for fight following Scotland soccer championship

A Milwaukee lawyer who returned to his native Scotland last weekend for the country's soccer championship apparently got caught up in some trash-talking on a train from Glasgow and wound up in jail -- missing his flight back to the U.S.

But rather than having to wait weeks or months, like in an American court system,Stuart Gilgannon was able to cut a plea deal and resolve his case with a big fine by the next day, according to a report from The Scotsman, the national paper of Scottand.

According to The Scotsman, Gilgannon -- who played soccer for Cardinal Stritch University before earning his law degree in 2007 from Duquesne University -- was charged with punching an off-duty police officer as both men were riding a train Sunday from Glasgow to Paisley, where Gilgannon was headed to visit his mother.

The day before, Hibernians beat Rangers 3-2 at Hampden Park in Glasgow, the club's first championship since 1902, but one marred when "Hibs" fans stormed the field, followed by Rangers fans, followed by violence and vandalism until police on horseback broke things up and arrested 11 people.

On the train the next night, his attorney told a sheriff's court, Gilgannon - an Edinburgh native and Hibernian supporter -- was provoked by talk about the game,  and made comments a prosecutor called "impolite remarks, if I can put it that way."

In the end, Gilgannon agreed to plead guilty to punching the off-duty officer and the Crown dropped a charge that he had assaulted the officer's companion, a female off-duty police officer, by lunging into her with his head.

Sheriff Robert Fife fined Gilgannon £500.

According to his law firm's website, Gilgannon specializes in immigration law.

"I treat all immigration matters as if they were my own, as I know from personal experience the strong personal and emotional connection associated with the immigration process."

His defense attorney in the Glasgow case told the sheriff there Gilgannon did not believe the matter will affect him professionally in the Wisconsin, The Scotsman reported.

Hopefully a milwaukee female cop shoots the cunt :2gunsfiring_v1: