Good Luck Sheffield Wednesday

Hamie

2 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

I don't hate any of the above.  I just know the Richest football tag a Sky hypejob for the minions to drink up.  Drink away.

Its on BT so if you want to act a smart arse you better try harder.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bhudda said:

The championship playoff final was broadcast on SkySports1.

True, was thinking about the CL final since it was fresh in my memory. 

The CL winner does get 15M but in Euros so closer to 11M. Add as much as you like for tickets e.g. 40M

The money a premier league teams get over 1 season dwarfs that by a mile. The parachute payment for relegated teams dwarfs the CL winners payment.

Why are you fighting this fact?

6 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

True, was thinking about the CL final since it was fresh in my memory. 

The CL winner does get 15M but in Euros so closer to 11M. Add as much as you like for tickets e.g. 40M

The money a premier league teams get over 1 season dwarfs that by a mile. The parachute payment for relegated teams dwarfs the CL winners payment.

Why are you fighting this fact?

Because it's a nonsense.  The figures you see for the playoff winner is just a guesstimate of what they can make over the next 4 years.  In reality QPR won it in 2014.  A year later they posted a 43m quid loss and got punted right back down again.  Total hypejob to big up a Sky broadcast.

Just now, Bhudda said:

Because it's a nonsense.  The figures you see for the playoff winner is just a guessetimate of what they can make over the next 4 years.  In reality QPR won it in 2014.  A year later they posted a 43m quid loss and got punted right back down again.  Total hypejob to big up a Sky broadcast.

What does loss have to do with anything? They could have spent millions on transfers or whatever. The sky/bt deal is in black and white I'm not sure why you keep avoiding it. Costs Sky £10.9M per game to broadcast. So they obviously make some profit per game or it wouldn't be worth while.

3 minutes ago, Bhudda said:

Because it's a nonsense.  The figures you see for the playoff winner is just a guessetimate of what they can make over the next 4 years.  In reality QPR won it in 2014.  A year later they posted a 43m quid loss and got punted right back down again.  Total hypejob to big up a Sky broadcast.

Plus the sponsorship for an EPL team compared to an ECL team is so much apart it's unthinkable.

18 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I'm kinda glad Wednesday didn't make it as it is ridiculous that a team finishing 15 points below 3rd place can get promoted in the first place. The play offs are just yet another way of selling you sky sports

I like the playoffs tbh. It is definitely money spinner for Sky but it is exciting. 

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I like the playoffs tbh. It is definitely money spinner for Sky but it is exciting. 

Differing opinions mate.

I thik the team that slogs all season to be in 3rd should get promoted. I know it will never happen though just as the " Champions League" will never be that ever again

I'm just old fashioned

11 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Differing opinions mate.

I thik the team that slogs all season to be in 3rd should get promoted. I know it will never happen though just as the " Champions League" will never be that ever again

I'm just old fashioned

You could argue that a team who finishes outside the top 2 shouldn't get promoted, or get another chance to get promoted. There is good and bad factors about the playoffs. It was very cruel on Brighton this season after only missing out on automatic promotion on the last day.

On 5/28/2016 at 1:47 PM, Siam69 said:

Brendan Rogers's team.

According to ex Northern Ireland player and Manager Nigel Worthington, who is big mates with Rogers, that's who Brendan supports, Celtic wasn't mentioned.

They are related he used to come over to watch Worthington

57 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I'm kinda glad Wednesday didn't make it as it is ridiculous that a team finishing 15 points below 3rd place can get promoted in the first place. The play offs are just yet another way of selling you sky sports

Everyone knows the rules before the season starts top two go up the next four play off 

Would you have complained last season if Rangers had went up through the playoffs i think not

2 minutes ago, Wednesday Loyal said:

Everyone knows the rules before the season starts top two go up the next four play off 

Would you have complained last season if Rangers had went up through the playoffs i think not

I didn't say they didn't know the rules I said I don't like them.

Maybe not but that doesn't change my opinion that the league position and not play offs should decide promotion and relegation

2 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

I didn't say they didn't know the rules I said I don't like them.

Maybe not but that doesn't change my opinion that the league position and not play offs should decide promotion and relegation

And remind me where did Hull finish 

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Above Wednesday .  Although I never said they should have gone up either. Brighton were the tea m who deserved promotion as far as I am concerned

Fair enough that`s your opinion and you are entitled to that