Isle of Mann TT races.

As an ex biker I've usually followed bike racing and the highlights of the 6 lap senior tt race is starting on ITV4.

I did the 37 mile lap years ago and can scare the shit out of you between your shoulders brushing walls to staying off the painted road lines.

Tune in now.

I lived on the Isle of Man, in Douglas, for six months. My contract finished just as the race was about to start and you could see all the bikers arriving for the big event. 

I had time off and plenty of money, with a paid flat. 

I made sure I booked a flight back to Scotland before the event started. What a relief not to get caught up in that shite. It just seemed to epitomise the backward, primitive nature of the place.

I lived in Ramsey, directly on the TT circuit, for a year and in Port Erin for 2. I think 5 racers died in my first year there. My parents crashed a removal van on the mountain road and nearly died too. That was going at about 40mph. I'm not convinced the circuit itself isn't inherently unsafe, even disregarding racing incidents.

Our house in Ramsey was just here as the bikes go out of sight around the May Hill bend. Couldn't even leave the house when the races were on.

13 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I lived on the Isle of Man, in Douglas, for six months. My contract finished just as the race was about to start and you could see all the bikers arriving for the big event. 

I had time off and plenty of money, with a paid flat. 

I made sure I booked a flight back to Scotland before the event started. What a relief not to get caught up in that shite. It just seemed to epitomise the backward, primitive nature of the place.

Sounds like your scrotum has shrunk Oleg, sad.

11 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

If bikers want to kill themselves by driving around like idiots then so what.

It's their life

The public don't really get a say about having body parts landing in their garden though :lol:

24 minutes ago, JamieD said:

The public don't really get a say about having body parts landing in their garden though :lol:

How many of them lived there before TT started a 100 years ago?

If you buy a house next to a race like that then that is your lookout

It's a bit like the moaners who buy a house next to Heathrow then moan about the planes

Just now, folkestoneger said:

How many of them lived there before TT started a 100 years ago?

If you buy a house next to a race like that then that is your lookout

It's a bit like the moaners who buy a house next to Heathrow then moan about the planes

I suspect quite a lot of them probably did. Right proper weird lot. How long do witches live? ;)