Stewarding and Security Today

On 16 July 2016 at 10:58 PM, smibug said:

:lol: 

What was going on there? Were people simply trying to leave?

i am sorry this looks terrible and the level of policing looked ridiculous. This was at a small ground.

What is going to happen at larger ones?

There is all this talk about the 'first' old firm but we've had two at the national and there was minimal issues. 

It's ridiculous that Motherwell put barriers it was their OWN support that ran on to the pitch antagonising the Rangers support. We have no interest in childish pitch invasions if we did, the whole place would have gone over at the Celtic cup game at Hampden, incredible feeling to beat them while we were in the championship, never forget it and no one thought "...lets on the pitch.." Why would we? 

As someone who saw close up at Hampden the few people who did go onto the pitch at the Hibs it was with extreme I mean extreme provocation. Those hibs fans ran the length of the pitch and attempted to enter our stands that not celebratory it's disgusting and so many women and children were scared and the men heartbroken by the result and disgusted by this behaviour couldn't take it anymore. I don't condone violence but in that moment seeing the hurt, not anger, the hurt in like 60 year old men's eyes, had they not prevented it until the police actually stepped in, I dread to think if no one had done anything it could have been awful and would it take that for people to appreciate the severity of the situation. Any other club Scotland or England that would have been Sky Sports News, saying "...we have a serious incident going on at Hampden terrifying scenes and players are being attacked it's despicable.."

But I nstead the many many cameras are pulled away (where's the footage of Hibs there was thousands on that park) and it's described as 'exuberant fans celebrating. No bill for the damage for Hibs, No removal of the trophy, fans allowed to simply climb back into the stands over the wrecked parts of hampden they'd just created and watch their team get the trophy as our players get their medals in the dressing room after being assaulted, disgusting, I still can't believe it and then next day Hibs have a ****** victory parade, is this the twilight zone?

I'm really disappointed that the club haven't continued to pus this, the first few stadiums I thought finally our fans are being protected and that happening to the players not tolerated yet nothing since. We are paying a lot of money to go to games, if they can't assure our fans security and not to be treated like animals, it's always been the same for Rangers fan but the last few months have been pretty heartbreaking and to hear people be treated so badly at Motherwell for nothing, no reason, awful. It's only the beginning of the bad treatment of our fans this season, our fans have been exceptional home and away for the last few years so why treat us like this? :(

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic