Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going into the second season with us, look out for Rachid Ghezzal from Lyon. Managed to get him on a free and punt him for £13m a year later.

Also Andrei Ivan who turned into to one of the best players in FM16 has a £3.4m release clause, can play anywhere up front and on the wings. Him and Ongenda just took me to the CL knockouts in our first season back.

Just started my 2nd season last night. Punted Waghorn to Bolton for 2m as he took the huff & all the squad turned against me when I told him he wasn't for sale.

Managed to sign Zelalam again from Arsenal, Javi Garcia from Man City & Tammy Abrahim from Chelsea all on loan, picked up Dan Crowley on a free & signed 3 15 year olds to put into my youth team. Still got about 1/1.5m left need a new CB & LB to cover for Wallace.

Drew FC Copenhagen in the 1st qualifying round in the CL.

1 hour ago, King_gazza said:

Just started my 2nd season last night. Punted Waghorn to Bolton for 2m as he took the huff & all the squad turned against me when I told him he wasn't for sale.

Managed to sign Zelalam again from Arsenal, Javi Garcia from Man City & Tammy Abrahim from Chelsea all on loan, picked up Dan Crowley on a free & signed 3 15 year olds to put into my youth team. Still got about 1/1.5m left need a new CB & LB to cover for Wallace.

Drew FC Copenhagen in the 1st qualifying round in the CL.

How many loans are you restricted to? 3?

41 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

How many loans are you restricted to? 3?

I'm not sure mate, think I've got 3/4 in at the moment & only in July.

Only got 1.5m to spend so will probably try get another 2/3 in on loan if a cant see any decent free agents so will let you know tonight or tomorrow when a go on again.

January business was decent.

Adam Armstrong on loan with a future fee of £1.8m

Rob Holding on loan with a future fee of £2.5m

Ali Crawford for £800k

Flavio Ferreira on a free

Daniel Pacheco on a free

Zelalem on a free

Let Waghorn go on a free, O'Halloran to Fulham for £200k, Walsh and Aird £60k each and Halliday for £450k. Team right now looks like this.

4-3-3: Foderingham; Tavernier  Holding  Wilson  Wallace;  Rossiter  Windass;  McKay  Crawford  Walker; Garner

Subs: Gilks  Meekings  Hodson  Crooks  Zelalem  Dodoo  Armstrong

15 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

January business was decent.

Adam Armstrong on loan with a future fee of £1.8m

Rob Holding on loan with a future fee of £2.5m

Ali Crawford for £800k

Flavio Ferreira on a free

Daniel Pacheco on a free

Zelalem on a free

Let Waghorn go on a free, O'Halloran to Fulham for £200k, Walsh and Aird £60k each and Halliday for £450k. Team right now looks like this.

4-3-3: Foderingham; Tavernier  Holding  Wilson  Wallace;  Rossiter  Windass;  McKay  Crawford  Walker; Garner

Subs: Gilks  Meekings  Hodson  Crooks  Zelalem  Dodoo  Armstrong

Pacheco will not sign for love nor money for me man.

Same guy? From Setubal?

19 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

I'm not sure mate, think I've got 3/4 in at the moment & only in July.

Only got 1.5m to spend so will probably try get another 2/3 in on loan if a cant see any decent free agents so will let you know tonight or tomorrow when a go on again.

Cheers mate.

Is that all you get in the second season as well?

:megaanguish:

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

Cheers mate.

Is that all you get in the second season as well?

:megaanguish:

iirc it was mate yeah not far off it though, that was with me saying I'd qualify for the group stages of the CL, Winning the league & Scottish cup.

When you look at your finances etc at the end of the season it say's your projected budget for 2017/18 will be 5m then 2018/19 will be 10m.

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

First season, save corrupted :lol: Is it just me or are the tarriers absolute wank on every save? Sitting 4th on mine behind Thistle and Aberdeen

On my third save with Rangers, sacked then new laptop, but they always seem to win the league.

Partick are a strange one though, always finish high up and get to finals in my saves.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On my third save with Rangers, sacked then new laptop, but they always seem to win the league.

Partick are a strange one though, always finish high up and get to finals in my saves.

Aye they always get to the League cup final on mine and Hibs or Motherwell get to the SC final

9 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

First season, save corrupted :lol: Is it just me or are the tarriers absolute wank on every save? Sitting 4th on mine behind Thistle and Aberdeen

I'm sure there's ways to fix that now mate.

They're utterly shite in this one I'm on at the moment. First I've seen of the cunts in the new one.

10 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Thistle are flying high in mine as well :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Thistle are flying high in mine as well :lol:

They won every game for about 9/10 straight without conceding until I beat them at Ibrox, sure they have only lost 2 games the whole season, they even beat the filth 4-1 at Parkheed

1 hour ago, aird said:

Sacked by us at the start of December :lol:

Ended up at Bolton the wages some of them are on for a league one team :anguish:

Did you find it difficult with us mate?

I actually found it a lot easier once I done a season or two in an alternate save with another team.

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Did you find it difficult with us mate?

I actually found it a lot easier once I done a season or two in an alternate save with another team.

Yeah, just couldn't get a formation going to get a decent run.

2 minutes ago, aird said:

Yeah, just couldn't get a formation going to get a decent run.

I'll post what I use later on tonight mate.

I lost more or less every pre season game and struggled in the group stages of the LC but because I'd been using the same formation(s) in training and games, it eventually stuck.

It can get tedious, though.