Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

Is this only for Football Manager..??...I have a used copy of Championship Manager 2001/02 coming thru the post in a few days with the 2016 updates on it..

Wee bit wary of getting really sucked into this Football management game lark though..Back in the day I would play for 18 or 19 hours non stop..

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Is this only for Football Manager..??...I have a used copy of Championship Manager 2001/02 coming thru the post in a few days with the 2016 updates on it..

Wee bit wary of getting really sucked into this Football management game lark though..Back in the day I would play for 18 or 19 hours non stop..

I was trying to start that champ man on my laptop the other week,didn't work with windows 10 for some reason :power_of_anguish:

Just now, Steelydan1690 said:

I was trying to start that champ man on my laptop the other week,didn't work with windows 10 for some reason :power_of_anguish:

I had 3 attempts at downloading it on mine..Windows 7..Then I got directed to ebay to buy the disc..If you ask the guys on the site.. champman0102.co.uk they should be able to help mate..??

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I had 3 attempts at downloading it on mine..Windows 7..Then I got directed to ebay to buy the disc..If you ask the guys on the site.. champman0102.co.uk they should be able to help mate..??

Cool cheers m8,will try it the morra just stating ready for night shift ,off till Sunday after this so hopefully get it sorted the morra :541:

Fell away to fuck in my Lazio save. Will now struggle to reach the Champions League unless I have a major recovery and everyone round about me falls apart. Lost the last 5/7 or something :anguish:  In the final of the Italian Cup against Milan, though.

If I don't get CL football, I think I'll be off.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Bit late to the party but just got this today. Going to start a season with rangers. Who's good to sign? 

If you want young players who will do progress and make a good profit then Jai Quitongo and Stephen Mallan are pretty decent.

I'm in March now and I have made 2 pre contract signings, unbeaten in the league with a goal difference of about 50, beat the tarriers 4-0 at the tattiedome in September as well :lol: 

Liam Burt is basically a first team player now, he has been deadly for me. Billy Gilmour, Dapo Mebude, Zak Rudden, Jack Thomson, Atakayi and Barjonas are all progressing really well too, I expect most of them to be in the first team in the next 2 seasons. (The created ones weren't given super unrealistic stats, all randomly generated)

9 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

If you want young players who will do progress and make a good profit then Jai Quitongo and Stephen Mallan are pretty decent.

I'm in March now and I have made 2 pre contract signings, unbeaten in the league with a goal difference of about 50, beat the tarriers 4-0 at the tattiedome in September as well :lol: 

Liam Burt is basically a first team player now, he has been deadly for me. Billy Gilmour, Dapo Mebude, Zak Rudden, Jack Thomson, Atakayi and Barjonas are all progressing really well too, I expect most of them to be in the first team in the next 2 seasons. (The created ones weren't given super unrealistic stats, all randomly generated)

Tried to get Quitongo but he went to palace. Signed Jack Stephens on loan from Southampton. I know he's pish in real life but is Senderos good enough in the game?

6 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Tried to get Quitongo but he went to palace. Signed Jack Stephens on loan from Southampton. I know he's pish in real life but is Senderos good enough in the game?

Erm he is decent for the first season I think, but definitely try and get a good fast ball playing centre back in January or 2nd summer. Tiago Ilori is a good one to go for 

I'm just starting this just now.

Bit pissed off at how much our players have been made worse, especially after checking out the potential ability stats etc.

Wes, Tav, Holt, Hardie, etc have all been downgraded from about 140 PA to 120 ish.  While McKay (arguably our most improved player) has only gone up a few ability points.

Signed a few decent players for my Rangers save.

Poyet on a free transfer

Nik Kapun for about 300k

Fredrick Oldrup Jensen for about 400k

Israel Puerto on a free

Nemanja Milunovic for about 120k

Marius Lundemo for 300k

Also got Kuki on a loan deal with the option to buy, only thing is im skint now! :lol:

46 minutes ago, CaptainDandy said:

Got this for Christmas, started a season with Tenerife but it keeps crashing. Anybody else had this problem? Never had a problem with FM 17 or before.

What does it say when it crashes? If it is the unexpected error window then I think it happens to everyone. Probably isn't your computer or anything, mines is a beast of a thing and still gets it. 

First transfer window signings:

Jamie Walker - £650k 

Josh Murphy - Loan (Hopefully get him on a pre contract)

Jack Harper - Same as above

Jack Stephens - £750k up front, £500k in installments.

Aaron Pierre - £150k up front, £250k in installments and £150k after 30 games. 

2 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

What does it say when it crashes? If it is the unexpected error window then I think it happens to everyone. Probably isn't your computer or anything, mines is a beast of a thing and still gets it. 

Yes it is that mate. Glad to know it isn't just me haha. Cheers mate.