Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

Won league by 1 point in my first season and won the Betfred Cup too.

Requesting increased transfer budget around mid-August in first season King gave me £9million to spend :lol:

Only got £1.5million budget second season but scraped my way into CL group stages. Got Bayern, Man Utd and Basel in my group so have no chance. Taigs falling apart so far in second season which is always pleasing.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 games in so far. It's playing out very similarly in terms of the league table to real life. Celtic haven't dropped points yet and it looks to be a fight between us, Hearts and Aberdeen for 2nd. 

2 points off 2nd at the moment but been playing generally well. 2 defeats from Celtic and Aberdeen and 3 draws against Hamilton, Motherwell and St Johnstone. All games we dominated but either lacked the quality to finish our chances or gave away stupid goals like own goals and penalties. 

Made it to the league cup final after beating Hibs on penalties in the semi. Finished 12-11 and some players had to step up twice. Was mad. Got Celtic in the final so if we can contain Dembele I'm confident. 

In general we just lack so much quality. Hopefully get some extra funds for January and try to strengthen the team a bit. Been averaging 15+ shots a game and still struggle to put teams away at times. Get's frustrating watching us miss countless 1vs1's. 

Stand outs have been Senderos, Garner and O'Halloran. Windass, Dodoo and Crooks have been struggling. 

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

Defo gonna be a challenge trying to get players to come to the 3rd teir of italian football. got 3 trailists just now who played with bari, atlanta and chievo last season. made few bids for loans from the top league but looks unlikely they will drop to my level

Keep us updated on it mate 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Dave King accepted Swansea's 8.25 million bid for Rossitter in the first January, fucking wank of a guy.

Tbh that's a cracking deal mate so I'm not surprised :lol:

I knocked back shite bids of £2million for him in the first season but anything above 4 or 5 million I'd punt him.

2 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Tbh that's a cracking deal mate so I'm not surprised :lol:

I knocked back shite bids of £2million for him in the first season but anything above 4 or 5 million I'd punt him.

They enquired, so I said 10 million, and the next thing I know a bid's been accepted :lol:.

My best player so far along with Windass, good money for him but still annoyed at it :lol: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They enquired, so I said 10 million, and the next thing I know a bid's been accepted :lol:.

My best player so far along with Windass, good money for him but still annoyed at it :lol: 

You'll be able to find a much better replacement with that money mate.

In my second season just now and drew with Bayern 1-1 in first group game of the CL. Couldn't believe it. Sam Winnall is ripping cunts apart.

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

You'll be able to find a much better replacement with that money mate.

In my second season just now and drew with Bayern 1-1 in first group game of the CL. Couldn't believe it. Sam Winnall is ripping cunts apart.

Had Ryan Tunniclife coming in anyway for 1.4 million and already had a few capable to play at CM.

That's quality mate, was thinking about Winnall.

3 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Patched my Swansea save and started a new one with Lazio.

Really enjoying it so far, maybe because I'm on a decent run :lol:

How do I screen grab? Using Windows but when I use the 'prt scr' button, nothing seems to happen when I hit paste.

F12 is the shortcut a think.

No played this properly in years. Was severly addicted to FM11 and that's the last one I played for long periods.

This one looks easier on the eye, the more recent ones have been ugly as fuck. Want to get it but would need a new laptop....

41 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

No played this properly in years. Was severly addicted to FM11 and that's the last one I played for long periods.

This one looks easier on the eye, the more recent ones have been ugly as fuck. Want to get it but would need a new laptop....

You know what to do, sir...

Update on my game - Now in Nov in my second season, finished runner up in the first. Got shot of barton and Kanjkar and miller, and waghorn ( fans didnt like that one ) now  this season im 3ed in the leage behing hibs and partick would you believe--tims are four points behind me. Biggest thing is the success of Ryan Hardie who has banged in 12 goals-- great tally for Nov I promoted him from the under 20s start of this season when he came back from loan. Bought a good BWM called Coady and a decent CD called Jordan Spence and a Jamie Murphy who has yet to properly gel yet-----this was made possible by the board getting a 76M loan and giving me a 35M transfer budget at start of 2nd season--Ive still got 25M left-- despite the money I'm still struggling to get real quality players to come to Scotland. Sitting third in Europa league group==other teams are Chelsea, Karasnapor ?? sp--and Young boys. have confidence I might finish 2nd--Im looking to Improve the defence--any tips ?