Fight, desire, passion.

Siam69

5 hours ago, Siam69 said:

In abundance today.

So many great performances.

This was my main gripe, no fight, desire or passion. Had the Manager lost the dressing room, why was there no fight, why were we getting bullied like fuck all over the pitch?

Getting beat was one thing, but when there was no fight, it was so fucking hard to take, and I went into each new game with renewed hope, but knew after the first 15 minutes that it was the same pish.

Warbs got pelters for it, so he has to get kudos for getting it back.

A joy to watch the last couple of games, especially today, I was up and down of the sofa, competing for each ball as well :D

That's all i ask, try your best with fight, desire and passion.

Great to see wee Barry put in such a performace. Garner, well, what can you say, Holt, Wilson, Wallace etc ...

My only negative is Waggy not getting a goal. On a different day, with more confidence in him, he'd have got a hat trick today, and totally buried those cunts.

Happy Bear here :dioufcheer:

Spot on Siam, for me the biggest dissapointment against hearts and Ross county away wasn't the results but the lack of fight, Rangers players not giving everything for the jersey.

Last week and today was a stark contrast to those failures and another factor was our support, our players responded to  2 packed houses at Ibrox getting right behind the team.

Fucking refreshing! Great performance all round today.

Looks like MW and the team have got the message. Great character shown today. Confidence back and more freedom about their play. Shackles off, no being afraid to make mistakes and more direct. McKay played  a stormer and even Kiernan and Wilson didn't put a foot wrong, but what excited me was the performance of Garner. Always liked his passion, we just needed the player to come out and he showed today that he could become a very important player for us. The goals will come, but his enthusiasm must rub off on the other players.  Looking forward to both him and the team progressing now.

7 hours ago, Siam69 said:

In abundance today.

So many great performances.

This was my main gripe, no fight, desire or passion. Had the Manager lost the dressing room, why was there no fight, why were we getting bullied like fuck all over the pitch?

Getting beat was one thing, but when there was no fight, it was so fucking hard to take, and I went into each new game with renewed hope, but knew after the first 15 minutes that it was the same pish.

Warbs got pelters for it, so he has to get kudos for getting it back.

A joy to watch the last couple of games, especially today, I was up and down of the sofa, competing for each ball as well :D

That's all i ask, try your best with fight, desire and passion.

Great to see wee Barry put in such a performace. Garner, well, what can you say, Holt, Wilson, Wallace etc ...

My only negative is Waggy not getting a goal. On a different day, with more confidence in him, he'd have got a hat trick today, and totally buried those cunts.

Happy Bear here :dioufcheer:

We appear to have ditched the 'possession for possession's sake' mantra.

And the players look a lot happier going at it the way we've approached the last couple of games.

And we've looked far less fragile In defence, with the introduction of a defender at right back.

So much so, we didn't even notice Hill was suspended!

Have to disagree with your comment on Waggy - showed exactly why he's with us & not playing higher level - looks great until the bit that matters, at which point any defender worth their salt just keeps him on his right foot.

11 hours ago, HG5 said:

We appear to have ditched the 'possession for possession's sake' mantra.

And the players look a lot happier going at it the way we've approached the last couple of games.

And we've looked far less fragile In defence, with the introduction of a defender at right back.

So much so, we didn't even notice Hill was suspended!

Have to disagree with your comment on Waggy - showed exactly why he's with us & not playing higher level - looks great until the bit that matters, at which point any defender worth their salt just keeps him on his right foot.

He was scoring chances like that last season. To me it's his confidence, hence me saying I wish he had got at least one yesterday, would've helped him no end.

4 hours ago, Siam69 said:

He was scoring chances like that last season. To me it's his confidence, hence me saying I wish he had got at least one yesterday, would've helped him no end.

Yes he was, but at a lower level.

I'm sure a goal would have been great for him (certainly couldn't have hurt!).

But people seem to be latching on that, if you keep him on his right foot, you can nullify his threat.

Which meant he either dithered or snatched at it.

In fairness, he saw a lot of the ball for the limited time he was on the park.

Maybe a few more games under his belt will help something happen for him.

We were passing the ball a lot better yesterday than I've seen us this season and Being a lot  more direct   Instead of fannying  about.

.Some of the hearts players even before half time were  blowing out of they're arses That tempo yesterday needs to be set everygame as  we had more time on the ball and we were able to play out from the back better and you could see from  the last time we  played them  they couldn't press us yesterday.

The last two games we have gone forward at long last . Wee McKay has found his form again and Tavernier maybe the answer that we have more protection in front of the defence a couple of times he takled that dirty bastard  Djoum  outside the box in dangerous positions  he also links up the play really well.

The OP is spot on , the 3 qualities he mentions should be the least we expect from anyone privileged to wear the Rangers jersey . The last 2 performances have shown what can be achieved by matching these factors with the footballing ability the squad have . Hopefully the manager has reached the decision that we can mix things up a bit without compromising his beliefs . Too early to say for certain but if we can keep playing in the manner we have in the last two games then maybe more than a few of the players ( and coaching staff ) will still have a big future at Rangers .