Were the Directors not meant to work for free?

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson earned £233,000 in the last year, including a £53,000 bonus, as the club made a £3.3m loss. 

This is from the Herald, unfortunately but it is a bit shocking if it is true. Or maybe I have the wrong end of the stick?  

I thought Robertson, Gilligan etc were not taking any salary out the club? Or was that only for the first year or something?

If this has any ounce of truth in it it means he is taking only 29k less than David Somers took... not exactly a glowing reference for the Rangers men. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was only relevant to the originators, was he not headhunted to take over the role.

That aside $233k per year for what, i see nothing inspiring coming from the man, not a dig as i don't know him just what i don't see.

I look after more people and a higher value business but will never earn that kind of money - bonuses on losses should also never be paid.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson earned £233,000 in the last year, including a £53,000 bonus, as the club made a £3.3m loss. 

This is from the Herald, unfortunately but it is a bit shocking if it is true. Or maybe I have the wrong end of the stick?  

I thought Robertson, Gilligan etc were not taking any salary out the club? Or was that only for the first year or something?

If this has any ounce of truth in it it means he is taking only 29k less than David Somers took... not exactly a glowing reference for the Rangers men. 

King, Murray and the 3 Bears are not paid employees. Robertson was brought in to run the club as a paid employee. He's our equivalent of Lieswell. 

Just now, trueblueal said:

King, Murray and the 3 Bears are not paid employees. Robertson was brought in to run the club as a paid employee. He's our equivalent of Lieswell. 

Right ok I see. Bit of the usual stirring from the Herald then. 

Still to me £286k over the year is a bit steep. Especially when you compare it to what the old board were taking

Here is there list of board members. None of whom earn a wage. 

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/board/board-of-directors/

Over and above that we need employees to run the day to day. Robertson is full time, doesn't have secondary business interests and is the conduit between the board and staff. 

There is no story here. Robertson earns about one third of Lieswell. 

1 minute ago, Carsons Dog said:

Seems a hell of a lot of money tbh

A lot more than the prime minister & sturgeon 

Doubt it, please take into consideration guest appearances from these glorious humans and motivational speeches on how to divide a country. Sturjzy probs got an offshore account in the hebrides

3 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Seems a hell of a lot of money tbh

A lot more than the prime minister & sturgeon 

Those are public funded positions. The Prime Minister, head of NHS, Chief Constables etc will earn a fraction of private business leaders. It's not a relevant comparison 

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Those are public funded positions. The Prime Minister, head of NHS, Chief Constables etc will earn a fraction of private business leaders. It's not a relevant comparison 

We are a loss making football club stumbling from loan to loan

It's all well and good saying it's much less than lawwell but it's only 29k less than what Somers took home (315k). 

It might be a poor salary for that position and it might be his only salary but I feel as if this board are getting an easy time of it from the majority of the support but when things like this cropped up under the previous regime it was anarchy. 

There is no new information here. 

And Sommers was part time if you want to make that comparison. Also compare his wage to the combined salaries of Green and Stockbridge or Wallace and Nash (is that his name) , as he has taken on responsibility for both roles.  

Considering we are going nowhere quickly he's getting a lot of money, and just what was the bonus for? 

If the bonus was for us winning the championship then I thought those days were supposed to be long gone and it's meant to be for his performance only not what the team win, and considering we are limping from loan to loan he deserves hee haw. 

50 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Robertsons an employee, of course he should be paid

There is no doubt we are all disappointed that the squad needs funding and ATM it seems we do not have the necessary funds to do so...... realistically until res 11 is voted in favour of and a new share issue is raised plus the retail deal is sorted then we will be able to have fresh input into the club. The big issue seems to be the "30million" mentioned by King which up to now hasn't been mentioned since ....... but some of the personal abuse directed at some of our directors and staff on this forum is nothing short of pathetic at times ...... Paul Murrays hair , Gilligans naw a real fan, robertsons a wank this that and the next thing....... give it a rest .