Board's intent will be displayed soon

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think it's a fair point.

I like Warburton, and have defended him regularly on here, and last night was an utter disgrace, but he should only go if we are bringing in better - not just to appease angry Rangers fans, and keep the heat off of the board (which is the real reason the club is struggling). 

It depends on how you define "better" though - I don't even like McLeish but someone of his ilk who will tighten this team up isn't great but would be an instant improvement. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I often wonder if Warburton had first picks we missed out on as watching some players they look more like he will do a job till i get someone better in type of players.

Yes, some of them certainly give that impression. It's back to the money though - did he miss out on first picks because the cash wasn't available?

4 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Yes, some of them certainly give that impression. It's back to the money though - did he miss out on first picks because the cash wasn't available?

I don't think we will ever find out maybe once he leaves but he doesn't seem the type to come out and take pot shots at the board even if he feels let down.

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Frank De Boer would be perfect imo but only with sufficient funds

if not then the stark reality will need to be a McLeish or someone to just steady things. 

Whomever it is doesn't need a Magic Hat.

He'll need a fuckin Magic Wand wi that Squad. 

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Frank De Boer would be perfect imo but only with sufficient funds

if not then the stark reality will need to be a McLeish or someone to just steady things. 

Just now, Juniorsparkie said:

Under a real manager half of that squad wouldn't last they'd all be dropped, released, sold or banished to the under 20's.

8 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

What was the point in handing MW money to spend in January when the guy is more than likely not going to be in charge next season?

If that is genuinely the feeling, why delay things?

Why not get shot now & bring in someone they trust to spend more wisely?

Giving MW nothing to spend & then dealing with the (fairly) predictable outcome is simply delaying the inevitable.

And preventing a successor to MW from getting bedded in and the team organised  to hit the ground in good shape for next season.

People really shouldn't put any faith in the current board. It's upto them to earn our support and trust. So far they've failed to back Warburton sufficiently, aye he got money to spend but nowhere near enough to pull away from Sheep & Hearts and remotely get close to then tarriers

I've been saying for ages now that we can throw another manager at it but we're still not going to close the gap on them unless he's given millions to spend. But I do think it's time for a change in terms of manager. 

In MW's defence, he's tried to build a cheap squad that can compete but the task is harder then he probably expected. Saying that it didn't help that the taigs got Rodgers and Champions League football. 

I still wish we had a full season of Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter and a fully fit Windass. Perhaps we'd be that wee bit better, especially as there would be no-one like Halliday giving goals away every other game. 

Warburton's comments are bizarre to be honest, in regards to not thinking our away form is a big problem and taking Hyndman off cause Bournemouth expect us to protect him. It's stuff like that which makes me want to see the back of him, he's too nice a guy to win at Rangers, you need to win at all costs here and it doesn't matter who you upset in the process

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

People really shouldn't put any faith in the current board. It's upto them to earn our support and trust. So far they've failed to back Warburton sufficiently, aye he got money to spend but nowhere near enough to pull away from Sheep & Hearts and remotely get close to then tarriers

I've been saying for ages now that we can throw another manager at it but we're still not going to close the gap on them unless he's given millions to spend. But I do think it's time for a change in terms of manager. 

In MW's defence, he's tried to build a cheap squad that can compete but the task is harder then he probably expected. Saying that it didn't help that the taigs got Rodgers and Champions League football. 

I still wish we had a full season of Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter and a fully fit Windass. Perhaps we'd be that wee bit better, especially as there would be no-one like Halliday giving goals away every other game. 

Warburton's comments are bizarre to be honest, in regards to not thinking our away form is a big problem and taking Hyndman off cause Bournemouth expect us to protect him. It's stuff like that which makes me want to see the back of him, he's too nice a guy to win at Rangers, you need to win at all costs here and it doesn't matter who you upset in the process

Oh yes he fucking has.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Oh yes he fucking has.

He's not really. You need to remember Hearts have had one season in the SPL already and Aberdeen have been building a strong squad for years now under a good Young manager. First we had to bridge that gap which I believe he's done but not enough was done to leave them behind 

They still have fairly decent budgets as well, Hearts just brought about 9 players in within 3 weeks 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's not really. You need to remember Hearts have had one season in the SPL already and Aberdeen have been building a strong squad for years now under a good Young manager. First we had to bridge that gap which I believe he's done but not enough was done to leave them behind 

They still have fairly decent budgets as well, Hearts just brought about 9 players in within 3 weeks 

He's been given more than double both their budgets. 

Its enough for any competent manager.

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

You do understand Hearts have a wank of a manager who cobbled a team together over the January transfer window. Nine new signings, 6 of whom played. You understand what that makes us, who were totally outplayed by a team with less than half a budget.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You do understand Hearts have a wank of a manager who cobbled a team together over the January transfer window. Nine new signings, 6 of whom played. You understand what that makes us, who were totally outplayed by a team with less than half a budget.

you should never under-estimate the effects of a good wank.