Should Warburton get next season if we finish second

Smile

Should Warburton get another season if we finish second  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton get another season if we finish second

Just now, jintybear said:

No for me. 

I've had enough of him. I used to look forward to his pre/post match interviews because I loved the things he said and the way he spoke. Now I hate hearing him. Last night he was on SSN and I actually switched it off. I used only do that when anything to do with celtic were on :depressed:

That makes very little sense, because he basically says the same things he has always said, and in the same way. Maybe what you actually mean is because we are languishing in second you don't like listening to him anymore, and that you never actually put much value on what he ever said anyway, or the way he said it. So, if we started to win more, and if he stayed next season and we would do better, you would like listening to him again, perhaps?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That makes very little sense, because he basically says the same things he has always said, and in the same way. Maybe what you actually mean is because we are languishing in second you don't like listening to him anymore, and that you never actually put much value on what he ever said anyway, or the way he said it. So, if we started to win more, and if he stayed next season and we would do better, you would like listening to him again, perhaps?

No I hate listening to him. At the beginning it was a breath of fresh air and most of us bought into his philosophy. When we were beaten we believed him when he said we would learn from it. Now we see it for what is was - sound bites.

He says the same thing week after week. It's like listening to the same song constantly on repeat. Even when we play good I don't listen to him anymore. 

The problem for me is that he doesn't appear to be connected with the fans. If he was he wouldn't come out with the shite that he does. He doesn't understand what losing means to us, especially when beaten by celtic on Hogmanay. He just sees it as another game. 

I actully shudder to think where we would be in the league if any of the other teams were decent. We would be mid table at best IMO.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Yes!

Now your answer is? (just to save me scrolling through all the hate filled posts :pipe: )

I don't think it's good enough and he should go, I blame the board and the Manager hell i wanted him away when we won the Championship and again in January.

He picks the same players and they don't learn as when they make mistakes every game they get picked again.

Just now, Smile said:

I don't think it's good enough and he should go, I blame the board and the Manager hell i wanted him away when we won the Championship and again in January.

He picks the same players and they don't learn as when they make mistakes every game they get picked again.

K.  I disagree. 

7 minutes ago, jintybear said:

No I hate listening to him. At the beginning it was a breath of fresh air and most of us bought into his philosophy. When we were beaten we believed him when he said we would learn from it. Now we see it for what is was - sound bites.

He says the same thing week after week. It's like listening to the same song constantly on repeat. Even when we play good I don't listen to him anymore. 

The problem for me is that he doesn't appear to be connected with the fans. If he was he wouldn't come out with the shite that he does. He doesn't understand what losing means to us, especially when beaten by celtic on Hogmanay. He just sees it as another game. 

I actully shudder to think where we would be in the league if any of the other teams were decent. We would be mid table at best IMO.

How would that change if we were winning? He can't help that he answers the same questions, and actually not everything he says is something he said before. Again, what you may mean is we are not where you would like us  to be and so you don't like the manger?

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I think we all accept he wasn't going to win the leage on our first season back but will never win it next season from this position 

It's been done at other clubs. I checked some records and Bill Shankly and Sir Alex Ferguson didn't have immediate success. To be scientific about it, to a degree, if it has happened before at other clubs, and ours, isn't possible it could happen here again?

16 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If we go on a good run, beat the filth, finish 2nd, you'd get a different result. 

Having a vote after one of our worst performance, will only give us one result.

The thing is, there's nobody in a queue, waiting to take his job. Those that are available are only available because they're no good. Being a Rangers manager is never easy, especially at this point in our history. If we change managers, we might go backwards. Change isn't always for good, or better.

Utter pish. We could be managed by any other SPL manager (even Houston ffs) and we would be closer behind the beasts. Warburton is a tactical numpty who learns fuck all. As clueless as the halfwits who continue to support him.

27 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's been done at other clubs. I checked some records and Bill Shankly and Sir Alex Ferguson didn't have immediate success. To be scientific about it, to a degree, if it has happened before at other clubs, and ours, isn't possible it could happen here again?

Just nothing inspires confidence with him I mean he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to the defence David Weir is sitting beside him surely he must have mentioned about getting it right but it obviously just goes right over MW's head

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Just nothing inspires confidence with him I mean he seems to have a blind spot for the defence David Weir is sitting beside him surely he must have mentioned about getting it right but it obviously goes right over his head

Its more a consistency problem surely? We went a sequence of matches of losing few goals, what would that suggest?

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

How would that change if we were winning? He can't help that he answers the same questions, and actually not everything he says is something he said before. Again, what you may mean is we are not where you would like us  to be and so you don't like the manger?

No don't tell me what I mean. It's the same shite week after week. We're in good shape, we'll learn from it ........ blah, blah, blah. I'm bored listening to it because we're NOT in good shape and we AREN'T learning. As I said sound bites  

7 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

Utter pish. We could be managed by any other SPL manager (even Houston ffs) and we would be closer behind the beasts. Warburton is a tactical numpty who learns fuck all. As clueless as the halfwits who continue to support him.

I do think lack of experience is a big problem with him but it's made even worse by the fact he just seems to be unable to learn from his mistakes 

Voted no

We are 25 points behind at the moment by the end of the season that could be 40 points.

If he can beat the tarriers and reduce the gap I might change my mind or if we Win the Scottish Cup. Right now I can only see the gap getting bigger.

No.

Not counting the 2 loans the squad he has right now - which is the squad that will finish the season unless there are some more Bartonesque explosions to come - is in substance probably the squad that will start next season.   A massive clear out could not be afforded.   In creating that squad and in shaping the way it plays there is no way the stuff we have seen this season remotely begins to take on the appearance of having enough of a good quality core of a side would form the basis to be a serious title contenders next season.  He is treading water at best,

Even allowing for a few new signings and expecting some to leave such as McKay, and allowing for some good quality loan players coming in Warburton has not built a core that is reliable in defence, effective in midfield (shielding the defence, ball winning and creation of goal scoring opportunities), and equipped with goal scorers of decent ability.   And that's before we get to any comments about his tactics, leadership skills and coaching ability.   He has failed to do anywhere near enough to indicate that the team next season is likely to be vastly superior to the team and results seen so far this season.   It's not about coming second,  Its about winning the title and he has not done enough to forge the basis of a title winning team.

What is his doing is a gradual development with not even a broad timeline for achieving a title-win.  In the same way he ritualistically trots out the mantra of one game at a time, and its 3 points, 1 point or 0 points regardless of who the opposition is, he looks to be taking exactly the same attitude towards each season.  One season at a time, look to progress, be patient, must persevere, one day the Club will get there.    .  

If he is the only option for King and the Board then how on this earth is King going to persuade ST holders who signed up this season under the 'going for 55' flag to renew in the same numbers next season.  It may need to be one of the most stellar sales pitches ever made.   If it appeared to ST holders that we are in for more of the same next season then they may be a lot more selective about which games to go to.   Even worse, and not seeking to tempt fate, if we suffer a whitewash this season in the OF games then that in itself may be an influence on ST sales next season if Warburton remained in charge and if there was every reasonable reason (based on this season) to believe that Warburton had failed to transform the squad into something a whole lot more title-competitive next season.

If he is the only option because King could not afford to do anything other than let him run through to the end of his contract then to me that would tend to indicate the Club is in for a very rocky and disappointing spell during the Warburton era.   Settling for a long period where patience is the only watchword and where King and Warburton take our competitiveness to a level where competing for 2nd and Europe is the best to be achieved is not what I'd regard as success for Rangers.   

16 minutes ago, jintybear said:

No don't tell me what I mean. It's the same shite week after week. We're in good shape, we'll learn from it ........ blah, blah, blah. I'm bored listening to it because we're NOT in good shape and we AREN'T learning. As I said sound bites  

Point taken.

No for all his talk of building and developing players we are left with the nucleus of the championship side. Apart from McKay we would struggle to sell anyone for 7 figures.

His recruitment policy seems to hinge solely on who he has come across in his time at Brentford or elsewhere. Now whilst Hyndman is a good find come June we will be without him and hoping Hill/Miller have been signed up.

If he is given another year I see no change on the horizion.

It pains me to say but the paedos are stronger than they where at the start of the season and there is a good chance they will make the group stages again. Irrespective of them getting pumped they will get 30m whilst we will be hoping Kiernan suddenly learns to defend and Rossiter is roused from cryogenic storage.

Even Advocaat finished 15 or so points behind after winning the previous campaign at a canter by 21 points. I don't believe his overall transfer record is bad, though it's been uneven this year. It's less hit or miss than Walter's, but much more scrutinised. Of course he should get the rest of the season and the next if we finish second. I do expect serious investment in the summer though and a few top quality players to come in with some others moving. Our away record is awful and that's not really anything to do with football, but with mentality amongst the players. What are they afraid of. Surely they know now that good teams are going to press them high up the pitch. They know what to do (coaching) but they're not doing it (player quality).

4 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Even Advocaat finished 15 or so points behind after winning the previous campaign at a canter by 21 points. I don't believe his overall transfer record is bad, though it's been uneven this year. It's less hit or miss than Walter's, but much more scrutinised. Of course he should get the rest of the season and the next if we finish second. I do expect serious investment in the summer though and a few top quality players to come in with some others moving. Our away record is awful and that's not really anything to do with football, but with mentality amongst the players. What are they afraid of. Surely they know now that good teams are going to press them high up the pitch. They know what to do (coaching) but they're not doing it (player quality).

What about if we are second and 40 points behind?