Who in their right mind......

slimjim1690

46 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Would want to take over as an interim manager with this lot?, I mean think about it, ...... here you go pal you have the job till the end of the season till we can get a new guy in, what would be the point?, any decent manager isn't going to damage his reputation being in charge of this lot for a couple of months, so unless we get someone in soon I think we will be stuck with GM till the day of the season, .....batten down the hatches.

A guy who wants a 50k  wage. 

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

I'm not convinced any manager we could realistically attract could do anything with this squad. This isn't a squad of decent / good players who have lost their way or lost faith in a manager. This is a squad of absolute dross with a holiday camp mentality who have spent the last 12 to 18 months being fed a flawed mentality from a flawed coach where poor performances were glossed over as long as lengthy analysis and discussion was held and lessons learned for next time. The problems run deep and i don't believe any coach will be able to sort them out without a complete clear out of the squad. I honestly don't think there's a single player that I wouldn't be happy to see the back of.

Not counting the journey back up through the leagues this is the lowest point I've felt being a Rangers supporter, the last time I felt this bad was just before the Souness revolution, but even back then we had a nucleus of players to build with and an owner willing to spend, but now we have nothing, no players worth keeping, no investment, nothing except a support who do not deserve this, it's fucking soul destroying.

The whole club is fuc**d..

Terrible management ...

Ludicrous investments ( overpaid players ) 

Too much players on loan ignoring youth and development

Zero scouting system

Revolving door of mad crazy owners we`ve "had" to trust.

We need answers immediately from King as to our financial stability and future.

We are not a third placed club in a mediocre league yet we`re made to look like it.... There needs to be fricking hope ffs not this shit.

31 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

well, as everybody keeps saying - we have the 2nd highest wage bill -  yet there is a danger we could end up 4th - even 5th if we collapse completely. That not money thats the issue.

Interesting.   Maybe that begs some rhetorical questions.   If the feeling is that its not money that's the issue, and that we could afford to pay pretty reasonable top dollar for a suitable and experienced interim then what prevents that happening?  What are the issues that stop an experienced interim manager being appointed?    What issues are so fundamental to prevent such an appointment that King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board are prepared to let the risk happen of rookie Murty being hung out to dry, letting a risk happen of results going into freefall, risking a very bad OF experience for the Support in a few weeks and risking the season being judged by many to be nothing better than a boondoggle? 

Maybe the reality is that King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have tacitly accepted that this season is fucked, that the squad is actually miles short of any sort of core competence around which a proper title challenging side could be created, that the plan for the next few seasons will need to be radically changed to recognise we are in reality for a long time to come really in also-ran territory where fighting to be 2nd is the norm, in the same way that accepting 2nd for this season was trotted out at the start of the season.   Here's another rhetorical question though.....by their actions and inactions have they (are they) in the process of putting Rangers into retreat

31 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not counting the journey back up through the leagues this is the lowest point I've felt being a Rangers supporter, the last time I felt this bad was just before the Souness revolution, but even back then we had a nucleus of players to build with and an owner willing to spend, but now we have nothing, no players worth keeping, no investment, nothing except a support who do not deserve this, it's fucking soul destroying.

This is how I am beginning to feel.

15 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Interesting.   Maybe that begs some rhetorical questions.   If the feeling is that its not money that's the issue, and that we could afford to pay pretty reasonable top dollar for a suitable and experienced interim then what prevents that happening?  What are the issues that stop an experienced interim manager being appointed?    What issues are so fundamental to prevent such an appointment that King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board are prepared to let the risk happen of rookie Murty being hung out to dry, letting a risk happen of results going into freefall, risking a very bad OF experience for the Support in a few weeks and risking the season being judged by many to be nothing better than a boondoggle? 

Maybe the reality is that King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have tacitly accepted that this season is fucked, that the squad is actually miles short of any sort of core competence around which a proper title challenging side could be created, that the plan for the next few seasons will need to be radically changed to recognise we are in reality for a long time to come really in also-ran territory where fighting to be 2nd is the norm, in the same way that accepting 2nd for this season was trotted out at the start of the season.   Here's another rhetorical question though.....by their actions and inactions have they (are they) in the process of putting Rangers into retreat

That's two posts now that you have made in which I have been thinking the exact same thing, I'm just hoping that they have made contact with the person/persons that they want in, (but I don't hold out much hope of that) while having problems lining up an interim manager, ie compensation fears v wages, and as you suggest they may be willing to just write off this season and start from fresh next year, or as you also said in an above post, maybe they just do not have a clue as to what to do.

Despite how poor we are atm there is still a glimmer of hope for a decent manager to come in and shape that team properlly......start with making us hard to beat and then move to distribution of the ball with purpose then look to score.

Football is simple if we keep it simple, scrap this shite we have now of 2-2-1-2-2-1 which is effectivelly what we play. Far too easy to get at the central defenders, far too easy to pressure the FBs, far too easy too pressure the midfield and far too easy to isolate our one forward player and 2 wide men......fucking change it you utter blind bastards.

I have doubts that anyone could get this shower getting good results week in and out.  It's simply a hiding to nothing and the players are in 3rd place cos that's what they deserve- I don't buy all this we're better than Aberdeen shite, we're not and the table and stats don't lie.

2nd largest budget and assembled the 3/4th best team that's what the best in the business has helped to do