King looking to strike a deal

Guest Lloyd72

12 hours ago, OhW said:

How on earth can he say that?! Just think what an extra £6m could have got us this season.

He didn't say if that figure was per year, or to cover the remainder of the contract.

Neither seems realistic to me - it should certainly be over 1m per year, but 6m per year from retail alone seems rather unrealistic when you look at what others achieve.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, EssexBear69 said:

He didn't say if that figure was per year, or to cover the remainder of the contract.

Neither seems realistic to me - it should certainly be over 1m per year, but 6m per year from retail alone seems rather unrealistic when you look at what others achieve.

He could have also been referring to the 5M loan he paid back to MA.

We are happy to put the money in to cover the retail. It is not a lot of money, it is £5m or £6m

2 minutes ago, EssexBear69 said:

I don't think so - the 5m loan was from MASH, the retail deal is with a Sports Direct subsidiary.

I'd agree, but sometimes it's not clear what DK means eg Invest 30M = loans He may have meant he's already paid MA  5M.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd agree, but sometimes it's not clear what DK means eg Invest 30M = loans He may have meant he's already paid MA  5M.

I'd agree that King's statements are often unclear, when you look at what actually results from them. So, we're all just guessing, basically.

Just had a horrible thought.

Given Kings abdication speach this week where he obviously doesn't want to be here and has only had 10 hours of fun during his reign plus his soundbite of wanting a deal with Ashley. 

.... ................ Is he about to sell out to Ashley.

26 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Just had a horrible thought.

Given Kings abdication speach this week where he obviously doesn't want to be here and has only had 10 hours of fun during his reign plus his soundbite of wanting a deal with Ashley. 

.... ................ Is he about to sell out to Ashley.

No because the sfa would hammer us under there rules that stipulate no one with an interest in another football club can own more than 10% of Rangers whilst the rule is the same in the English football league.

i think king will sell up asap but not to Ashley and I doubt Ashley has any interest in losing any more money

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Trooblue said:

Calm down, calm down.  You'll do yourself an injury.  Now, very slowly, have another look at my post.  See where I didn't say that I support Ashley?  What I did say was that Ashley has rung rings around King.  King came in with grand promises about sorting out the SD contracts.  We are still waiting for that.  That's because Ashley is smarter than King.  None of this means that I think Ashley is a good guy.  Read carefully before you dish out abuse. 

Ashley and his cohorts had plenty time to draft a watertight contract  aided and abetted by all the cunts in the boardroom at the time making sure every t was crossed and i's were dotted and any potential loophole negated, so its a bit unfair to say Ashley has run rings round King, a bit like a man in a wheelchair giving Bolt a 50m start in a 100m race.

37 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

No because the sfa would hammer us under there rules that stipulate no one with an interest in another football club can own more than 10% of Rangers whilst the rule is the same in the English football league.

i think king will sell up asap but not to Ashley and I doubt Ashley has any interest in losing any more money

Is it not (normally only) 3% with the fat one applying for the extra 7%?

On 25/03/2017 at 11:01 AM, Boybluesy said:

Agreed King doesn't have the clout but we the supporters do.  MA is cutting off his nose to spite his face by not agreeing a fairer deal.....and that is because he is a fucking bully.

Ashley couldn't give a damn about our money for merchandise.because this spat between him and King became personal.  We fans don't have the clout to even slightly irritate Ashley.   Ashley and King are both bullies in my opinion.