We can blame the manager all day long....

AlCapone

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

I just don't think there's any point making a fully informed decision on Pedro until then. These players have clearly downed tools and are so fucking awful even big Walter would probably struggle to improve then. 

Let Pedro clear out the shite and sign the players he wants, and then we can see if he's up to the job.

No point judging a manager right now who going by his previous jobs has been at his most successful when he has been allowed to put his own stamp on the team.

Youre not getting my point. Its not about the manager. The budget and next to zero chance of toppling our only rival means the choice of manager is irrelevant, he will fail and in 12 months time he will be gone with his tail between his legs leaving behind a squad of duds.

Bruno Alves....behave, more chance of Bruno Brooks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

His calibre isn't the issue, it's his attitude and intransigence. He's a "One plan Dan" He hasn't got the players to make his one plan work, so he appears to be saying "give me the players and I'll give you a winning team.

But what if we can't afford the players he needs and what do we do with those we already have

his attitude and intransigence is all part of the mix of his caliber, no matter the manager we cant afford the playesr to topple our only rival.

Game over

20 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

europa league group stage qualification is a minimum standard for a club of our stature and size regardless of who the manager is or what players we have

Champions league qualification is a minimum standard!!!

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you would be happy finishing second under McInnes for the foreseeable future, winning a trophy every 20 years. 

Football changes all the time nothing lasts for 20 years or anything like it ... rogers will have the guts to go back to England one day and who knows perhaps sooner than any of us can imagine if he gets the right offer 

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can you point out where I said I would be happy with that?

I think McInnes has achieved all he can at Aberdeen but that doesn't mean I think the level he reached there would be an acceptable level for us, it means I think he has shown enough to deserve an opportunity in a bigger job with better resources available to him.

People moving up once they prove themselves isn't exactly a novel concept, it's how football has always worked.

What makes you think he would be any better with slightly more money? 

He has had that aberdeen job for a few years and they haven't improved year on year they are still a poor side that are slightly better than the rest of the shit in Scottish football. 

If your going to lay a case for McInnes you might as well throw in Tommy Wright as well. 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Football changes all the time nothing lasts for 20 years or anything like it ... rogers will have the guts to go back to England one day and who knows perhaps sooner than any of us can imagine if he gets the right offer 

Rogers isn't a great manager by any stretch of the imagination, you don't think they will bring somebody in who will keep them ticking over and keep them right where they are at the moment  

The difference they have to us is more financial muscle and a group of people in charge of the club that know what the fuck they are doing, we are run by the keystone cops in comparison. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, in the space of a season, he took them from being 8th to a cup winner and 3rd.

Now they're the second best team in the country with Rangers here.

I never wanted McInnes, until now, when I'd take him.

I am pointing out that without Rangers in that league McInnes could not get within 6 wins of C3ltic to win it.... so our ambitions are for a manager that can't run the tims even close?     Not even to the last month or two of a campaign???? with no threat of a solid Rangers team....

we need to be bigger than that.... fuck knows is Pedro is the man..... but I am willing to give him the time and effort to turn things round with players of his choosing and not the powder puff lot MW left us with.

He actually deserves that and we as fans need to get our fucking heads out our holes for once and support something about this great club of ours. For too long every cunt including our own btw (support too) have put the boot into our club, we have lost fight, no surrender and heart.... fickle cunts will turn us into a mediocrity with their paranoid pish and their inner detest.  

you see it in here, folks spout the same negative shite over and over and would rather talk about the Daily Rekord, Lemmon, the tims or Hivs than Rangers... 

right i'm off now, I've a chicken to put in the oven :lol:

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What makes you think he would be any better with slightly more money? 

He has had that aberdeen job for a few years and they haven't improved year on year they are still a poor side that are slightly better than the rest of the shit in Scottish football. 

If your going to lay a case for McInnes you might as well throw in Tommy Wright as well. 

I do think McInnes being unable to put away delia's team when they were rocking at the end of last season very much counts against him although I don't think appointing a manager like pedro is necessary any better 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Rogers isn't a great manager by any stretch of the imagination, you don't think they will bring somebody in who will keep them ticking over and keep them right where they are at the moment  

The difference they have to us is more financial muscle and a group of people in charge of the club that know what the fuck they are doing, we are run by the keystone cops in comparison. 

I think the sad thing is that a guy who has won sod all down south is going to win everything up here this season :britney:. Truth is he's a competent manager and you know what they say a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind 

I do think McInnes being unable to put away delia's team when they were rocking at the end of last season very much counts against him although I don't think appointing a manager like pedro is necessary any better 

As Ive said at the moment with these players I don't think McInnes would be any better and they would be two cheeks of the same arse. 

Im giving Pedro next season with his own team to prove me wrong. If we are still at the current level next season he should be gone. He has to show he is taking the club forward which means second place and a lot lot closer to them. I would even throw in a cup win. 

I think the sad thing is that a guy who has won sod all down south is going to win everything up here this season :britney:. Truth is he's a competent manager and you know what they say a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind 

Pretty much sums up Scottish football for us. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As Ive said at the moment with these players I don't think McInnes would be any better and they would be two cheeks of the same arse. 

Im giving Pedro next season with his own team to prove me wrong. If we are still at the current level next season he should be gone. He has to show he is taking the club forward which means second place and a lot lot closer to them. I would even throw in a cup win. 

Were you not expecting some sort of bounce from the players with a new boss though? I'm not sure how much of the draw at septic park was about murty getting the tactics right on the pitch and how much was the new manager watching from the stands for the first time. If it's the latter then it's quite worrying because it means the more they are getting to know him the less impressed they are 

Were you not expecting some sort of bounce from the players with a new boss though? I'm not sure how much of the draw at septic park was about murty getting the tactics right on the pitch and how much was the new manager watching from the stands for the first time. If it's the latter then it's quite worrying because it means the more they are getting to know him the less impressed they are 

Murty played the same tactics as MW did in the league cup semi when we got beat 1-0, he played the same team with Tav in midfield and Hodson at RB.....  he did nothing new only copied MW for his 1-1 draw.

He got MW's tactics right not his own

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Murty played the same tactics as MW did in the league cup semi when we got beat 1-0, he played the same team with Tav in midfield and Hodson at RB.....  he did nothing new only copied MW for his 1-1 draw.

He got MW's tactics right not his own

So it was the attitude of the players that was different? 

I seem to remember that he reached the finals of the CONCACAF Champions League (name a Rangers manager that has took us in to a Champions League Final, or any of the candidates mentioned) after rebuilding the team he took over and he left for the middle east for the coin. Maybe he sees a challenge in restoring a big club?

He needs a healthy budget and time, lets give him that and then see in about a year from now where we are.

Edit forgot to mention he won the League, Mexican cup and Champions of Champions cup in 3 years in Mexico. 

But he has won nothing according to some on here. Never let facts get in the way of catastrophizing. 

12 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I seem to remember that he reached the finals of the CONCACAF Champions League (name a Rangers manager that has took us in to a Champions League Final, or any of the candidates mentioned) after rebuilding the team he took over and he left for the middle east for the coin. Maybe he sees a challenge in restoring a big club?

He needs a healthy budget and time, lets give him that and then see in about a year from now where we are.

Edit forgot to mention he won the League, Mexican cup and Champions of Champions cup in 3 years in Mexico. 

But he has won nothing according to some on here. Never let facts get in the way of catastrophizing. 

:tu:

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

more like they were shite on the day tbh....

:lol:

I suppose the tims would have been more likely to underestimate us with a caretaker than their first game against the manager who got us up but I still think the players knew their new boss was watching and that made a big difference 

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I suppose the tims would have been more likely to underestimate us with a caretaker than their first game against the manager who got us up but I still think the players knew their new boss was watching and that made a big difference 

Perhaps- so there's your "bounce" then 

46 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I was expecting some sort of bounce but they have showed just what we all think, 90% of them are spineless wasters. 

I think the draw at the mhanks was just one of those days when we turn up (4 or 5 times a season) and they were having an off day. 

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Perhaps- so there's your "bounce" then 

So now they know him they have just fallen back into old ways? Not very encouraging I have to say we should just have kept him as a remote figure of authority in the stand