Anyone know the chords for this?

Anyone know the guitar chords for this? Im sure ive asked before but theres quite a few new folk on here. Also ive heard the guy who sings it visits quite a few Rangers forums. 

If it were just strumming id be able to figure it out by ear but cause its fingerstlye i struggle a bit to hear it properly, To be honest its a bit of a pain in the arse finding chords for Rangers and Loyalist songs, theres quite a few id like to learn but I dont know what the original song is called :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's called The Rangers Chorus from Rangers FC album -- Follow Follow: The Rangers Anthems

Absolute belter of a song, wish it would get sung at games

'For when all my life has ended and when death has made its mark may they scatter all my ashes on the slopes of Ibrox park'

2 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Sounds like finger picking on standard c chords with alternating c and low g bass notes, switching to a g chord....the modulates to d

So do you reckon its like the C chords but with the G route note? 

I'm sure there used to be a video of the guy playing it live at some function but Cannae find it anywhere

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

So do you reckon its like the C chords but with the G route note? 

I'm sure there used to be a video of the guy playing it live at some function but Cannae find it anywhere

Think so I've not tried to play along and check tbh but sounds like that with g route note on the low e string? 

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

'For when all my life has ended and when death has made its mark may they scatter all my ashes on the slopes of Ibrox park'

It used to be belted out regularly in the 1950's and even the 60's, but now the old songs are regarded as not catchy enough for todays supporters.

22 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's called The Rangers Chorus from Rangers FC album -- Follow Follow: The Rangers Anthems

That's Calum Kennedy singing there, a gaidhlig singer from Lewis. Had no idea he was a Rangers fan, though it absolutely makes sense. He had an incredible voice, though not sure this song suits it as much. Pretty cool to hear though.

As for the chords, I'm pretty crap at transcribing music, but Blue72 sounds about right.

7 minutes ago, West_Side said:

That's Calum Kennedy singing there, a gaidhlig singer from Lewis. Had no idea he was a Rangers fan, though it absolutely makes sense. He had an incredible voice, though not sure this song suits it as much. Pretty cool to hear though.

As for the chords, I'm pretty crap at transcribing music, but Blue72 sounds about right.

I sort of remember Calum Kennedy from the 50's...Didn't he win a world singing contest in Russia or something like that?

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I sort of remember Calum Kennedy from the 50's...Didn't he win a world singing contest in Russia or something like that?

He certainly did. Was a nice surprise to see him singing the Rangers Chorus there, which is a song I'd never ever heard of before. Would be great to get these songs back at Ibrox. No idea how that could be achieved though.

1 minute ago, West_Side said:

He certainly did. Was a nice surprise to see him singing the Rangers Chorus there, which is a song I'd never ever heard of before. Would be great to get these songs back at Ibrox. No idea how that could be achieved though.

When I listened to that particular version I thought the voice was familiar, but I just couldn't remember where I had heard it or who it was. I think the best way to enquire about the songs is send an email to the club...You can contact them by going to the official club site.....https://rangers.co.uk/club/contact-us/

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Anyone know the guitar chords for this? Im sure ive asked before but theres quite a few new folk on here. Also ive heard the guy who sings it visits quite a few Rangers forums. 

If it were just strumming id be able to figure it out by ear but cause its fingerstlye i struggle a bit to hear it properly, To be honest its a bit of a pain in the arse finding chords for Rangers and Loyalist songs, theres quite a few id like to learn but I dont know what the original song is called :lol: 

All the Rangers tunes ive learned are in the key of C ...need to get into this one now too ! ???⚽️

7 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This might be what you're looking for or maybe not as it's a different version and I know fuck all about sheet music lol

https://play.riffstation.com/chords-tabs/the-rangers-chorus/tqI9YYhcJ6Y

6 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Got a couple of airing towards the end of the season.