Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

On the neutral side - but I don't think we can make 9-10 squad changes and expect everything to be perfect - he needs time - any manager needs time but the FIFA generation just think you press reset every few minutes till you win - it's not that easy 

Why are you generalising everyone like that just because they have a different opinion to you?

He needs to go before he's allowed to do some serious long term damage.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

On the neutral side - but I don't think we can make 9-10 squad changes and expect everything to be perfect - he needs time - any manager needs time but the FIFA generation just think you press reset every few minutes till you win - it's not that easy 

You said the same about McCoist, the same about Warburton and now the same about Pedro.

No ever just want to admit a manager is shite and we need to make the right appointment? does the thought even ever cross your mind? or do you live in a constant world of rainbows, petting zoo's, cute bunny rabbits and bubble gum forests? 

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why are you generalising everyone like that just because they have a different opinion to you?

He needs to go before he's allowed to do some serious long term damage.

It's an opinion. Folk want instant gratification - we need to earn the right and we need a period of stability not this panic that sets in. 

It's an opinion. Folk want instant gratification - we need to earn the right and we need a period of stability not this panic that sets in. 

People want signs of progression, in 5 months Pedro has regresses us hugely.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You said the same about McCoist, the same about Warburton and now the same about Pedro.

No ever just want to admit a manager is shite and we need to make the right appointment? does the thought even ever cross your mind? or do you live in a constant world of rainbows, petting zoo's, cute bunny rabbits and bubble gum forests? 

Ah - let's change the manager after every poor result - we expect wholesale changes but expect them to just work - that right is earned and takes time 

Ah - let's change the manager after every poor result - we expect wholesale changes but expect them to just work - that right is earned and takes time 

You know fine well that's not the case. 

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

People want signs of progression, in 5 months Pedro has regresses us hugely.

Folk wanted last seasons team cleared  out - Pedro has done that - I think we now have a stronger squad and time required 

McLeish.  He knows the benefits of a big physical team and I think that's the only road to go now.  We have a squad capable of playing 5-3-2 for the most part and it CAN work.  I'm actually sad Clint Hill left now because 3 CBs looks like it might be the way to go if we go down that route.

I know many will disagree with the 5-3-2 and physicality but we're in a desperate state.  The league is already gone and the window almost closed.  We need to make Rangers difficult to beat and bring a combative element to our team.  For my money, I'd take Moult because the lad has a lot of heart and shows a desire to compete and win games.

McLeish in, sign Moult, get Hill back, go 5-3-2, and start battering teams. 

Folk wanted last seasons team cleared  out - Pedro has done that - I think we now have a stronger squad and time required 

This season we have been put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg, lost at home to a newly promoted Hibs and dropped points to a Hearts side without a manager.

Without coming out with the usual 'patience' 'needs time' bullshit, what has Pedro shown you to think he is the man to take us forward?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You know fine well that's not the case. 

We wanted the squad changed out - Pedro done that now he needs time to make it work - many think it takes 6 months for a player to settle - we have 9 trying to settle in and move us on - it's not popular, nor easy, but it will take time and this expectation of instant gratification has to stop 

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

This season we have been put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg, lost at home to a newly promoted Hibs and dropped points to a Hearts side without a manager.

Without coming out with the usual 'patience' 'needs time' bullshit, what has Pedro shown you to think he is the man to take us forward?

He has strengthened the squad - Alves and Dorrans are coup - he has ruthlessly moved on most of last seasons squad, Windass now looks like a player under him. I know it's not popular to call for patience but that's the trait we most need as a support 

I was never keen on Pedro when  he was  appointed   just out of his depth big time 5 months in charge and he has set all the wrong kind of records. I wanted Nigel Pearson he was available when Warburton was working his ticket he has a pretty decent track record and still out off work  I'm sure he could steady the ship and improve the performance of the team

He has strengthened the squad - Alves and Dorrans are coup - he has ruthlessly moved on most of last seasons squad, Windass now looks like a player under him. I know it's not popular to call for patience but that's the trait we most need as a support 

He has improved the squad tenfold but we look worse, not much of a justification for him staying.

Windass is still shite.

Ffs how about giving the man in charge your full support. 3 games in and more or less a full new team because he had to get rid of Warburtons duds. I don't care who was in charge it would have always taken time for them to settle in. Get the list to fuck until there's a time when we need a list

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Did your hero McSalary not strengthen a squad - whilst in the lower levels on a budget (at premiership levels) that Pedro is similarly working with and failed to deliver....

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We wanted the squad changed out - Pedro done that now he needs time to make it work - many think it takes 6 months for a player to settle - we have 9 trying to settle in and move us on - it's not popular, nor easy, but it will take time and this expectation of instant gratification has to stop 

Pedro's bizarre tactical blunders are the main reason for me, even more than the results or the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Did your hero McSalary not strengthen a squad - whilst in the lower levels on a budget (at premiership levels) that Pedro is similarly working with and failed to deliver....

and you point? Or is it just all easy to you? Do you play FIFA ? 

Such as ? 

His subs in the first progres game killed the midfield and our control of the game, he admitted his subs were a mistake after the match. Progres away he gave them too much respect playing with 2 DM's until we were looking down the barrel and on the way out. Hivs he should have brought Rossiter on when we lost jack, he chose to have Miller and Windass in a 4v5 midfield giving us no presence in the centre which led to hopeful hoofball. The continued deployment of Miller in general but moreso midfield. His subs just seem to have an incredible knack of killing any momentum we have.

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Such as ? 

Like today for example keeping miller on the pitch for 90 minutes when he was dead on his arse.

Not only that, dropping him into midfield where he is as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike.

But the tactical genius today also only made two substitutions in a game where we were lacking creativity. Did he feel the players on the bench could offer nothing or forget he had another sub to use?

On the bench sat Pena, our most expensive purchase of the summer, the man Pedro told us was nicknamed Guillit.

Fucking embarrassing.