Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, TaysideBear said:

And why has he never been at a club who are looking to win trophies?

Thats what worries me

Rodgers was close to winning the PL with Liverpool, Allardyce was avoiding relegation

We need to aim higher but do not have the board or the money

Because his football is unattractive (but effective) and his face just never really fit, same reason he got sacked from the England job.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Because his football is unattractive (but effective) and his face just never really fit, same reason he got sacked from the England job.

Effective from a defensive side

We would draw 25 games this season if we play defensive

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Name them.

Moyes, Big Sam, Monk, Redknapp and De Boer all would have been similar level appointments to Rodgers imo but we didn't have the ambition.

McCleish can do the job and stabilise the club . 

We can't take any more risks . 

McIness has signed up with the sheep for 3 years and would cost too much .

Pedro will be here till christmas unfortunately , we took a risk and it didn't work . 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, TaysideBear said:

Effective from a defensive side

We would draw 25 games this season if we play defensive

His style is a physical, defensive and nasty type but his teams win games.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Moyes, Big Sam, Monk, Redknapp and De Boer all would have been similar level appointments to Rodgers imo but we didn't have the ambition.

Just no. 

Rodgers as much as i hate him came within a Steven Gerraed slip of winning th EPL

Moyes was found out at Man Utd

Big Sam is a defensibe minded relegation avoider

Monk is a good manager bit not enough experience

Redknapp needs money we dont have

De Boer will get sacked sharpish down south

Nowhere near Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

McCleish can do the job and stabilise the club . 

We can't take any more risks . 

McIness has signed up with the sheep for 3 years and would cost too much .

Pedro will be here till christmas unfortunately , we took a risk and it didn't work . 

For me we need to go and get McInnes. Forget the price needs must

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

^^^

In all seriousness, I'm not sure mate.

Derek McInnes has done a great job at Aberdeen, but doing it for Aberdeen is different than Rangers. Making the step up doesn't guarantee success because he has a bigger budget. He can lose games at Aberdeen and nothing is said.

Would probably settle for Pardew or McLeish for the rest of the season as don't see either as long-term solutions. Sam Allardyce possibly? You?

I like the thought of Allardyce, in the Walter Smith mould, but it's different from his usual job. 

I do think we'd be stupid not to look at McInnes, but would he even come? He's put together another good side at Aberdeen, which is miles in front of ours. 

De Boar or Van Bronckhorst would have been my choice in the Summer if we knew we were going to give someone around 8-10 mil to spend.  Too late now with the budget spent ,, your best bet would be likely McLeish,,,and he may well say no after being snubbed before

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Get your tongue out of his arse ffs. He's a decent manager but your acting like he's some sort of top manager.

One good season where he won fuck all, what else has he done?

Finished 6th the season after, pumped out of CL in group stages and early in EL group stages. 

Believe me my tongue could not be further from that tranny shagging bastards arse

The simple fact of the matter is he is a cut above anyone we could get at the moment

End of

1 minute ago, SuperAli said:

Can't see managerial team being changed any time soon. 

Me neither ,,,and what if,, then all your Portuguese players brought in by Pedro suddenly lose interest as well feeling he's been hard done by.  A new mgr would have a tough time with little budget to do fuck all,, but still think we would be better off in the long run tho 

McLeish is the only person I can think of who could do a job for us in the state we now find ourselves in, out of all of the names I can think of he's the only one who knows the club and actually knows how to win anything, McInnes has won fuck all and would be another gamble and FFS the next manager cannot be a gamble,but even in saying that I don't know if even big Eck would be able to sort this mess out, I was willing to give Pedro the benefit of the doubt but his substitutions in the last couple of games have finally made me see the light, when he makes a substitution it's done in hope not with any thought process.

59 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

Considering we have a medium budget, we can't go looking for e.g. Frank Dr Boers or anything of that calibre. We simply need to be realistic. Below are people who will no doubt be listed. Do we need a tried and trusted manager? I would take McInnes as he is the only one who is improving as a manager and getting Aberdeen consistently better than the rest outwith Saville. We also need a coach as JJ is too quiet and can't imagine him rallying the troops.

McInnes possible and maybe best choice

Billy Davies possible but not a popular choice

Alex McLeish possible but short term

Neil McCann not enough experience

Sam Allardyce would not be interested

Gary Rowatt possible but what's his track record

Nigel Pearson as above

Walter (Number one choice but never happening) will never happen

Kevin Thomson no experience

Barry Ferguson just no

Arteta (coach for Guardiola and will know Mark Allen) no experience

Ray Wilkins no experience as a manager

David Moyes serial failure and ex scum player

Paulo Sousa possible at least has some track record of winning

Walter Mazzarrazi patchy record

Luis Enrique no chance

Claude Purl patchy record (assume you mean Puel)

Diego Lopez don't get this one do you mean the goalkeeper with no managerial experience or the Uruguayan with a shit track record

Tommy Wright would do a better job than Pedro or Warburton but not the man to challenge the taigs.

After Warburton and Pedro experiments the next manager has to be a safe option. Reckon McLeish is that man although pretty sure Gus Hiddink could get us back to the top so he wouldn't be much of a gamble. At this stage in his career I would expect the Rangers job would be interesting to Hiddink. Rangers is a one of a kind club and it's just come through a situation that is unlikely to happen again so to be the manager that takes Rangers back to the top is a one-off opportunity that might interest Hiddink. 

58 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

How many fucking times, Guus Hiddink.

He appeared on a documentary earlier this year stating that his next managerial appointment would be about what he could do with a team. Nothing to to do with salary or monetary value and he would work with a limited budget.

Fuck me - where better than us :sarcasm:

That's the best shout I've heard yet. 

Monk would be a result for me, lack of experience is nonsense. Rodgers was considered an inexperienced and young manager for the Liverpool job and he done a decent job for them. 

To me Sam's a non starter but as a manager I like him, someone who actually takes the time to assess his opponents and fields a team to suit who he's playing rather than letting opponents deal with his set up.