The Season so far

Grin'nBEARit

7 games played and we're in 5th 8 points off the top. Unless it's a draw today we'll either be 6th or 6 points off 2nd.

Early days, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Not going to dwell on yesterday, they have resources we won't be matching any time soon.

But what of the other 7 points dropped? There's a definite case for pointing the finger at the ref for the 5 points dropped against the Edinburgh sides, but no excuse for the two dropped against PT.

Also although it was very early the game in Luxemburg should have been a draw at least.

So we have an embarrasing defeat in Europe, a narrow win,points dropped in two games blamed on the ref, points dropped with nobody but ourselves to blame, and a defeat that was probably expected, but at least not as bad as some of us feared.

It's not good, and hard to see how it will get better

Last year, at the start, we couldn't get the first goal . Warburton's side if got the first goal was set up to thrive on that. If we conceded first, we struggled.

this year, we've scored first against Motherwell, hibs, ross county, thistle, and Dundee, and only against Dundee have we actually went on to win comfortably. Against hibs and thistle, the game was ours to take.

if I'm not wrong, yesterday was the first game somebody scored first against us, but maybe I'm wrong.

however, we start games well, it's the middle to end we not killing off teams. IMO of course.

If we are going to challenge the tarriers , I think someone mentioned this yesterday , we are going to need money - we need 2/3 players in the £3/4 M bracket . 

As for the rest , we've no excuse , we should be well ahead of them . Maybe not now , as we're bedding in a new full team but certainly by the end of the season . There can be no excuses for PC if we fail to do that .