Do you sing at the games ?

Loyaleastend

Pretty shit to see "fans" leaving at the second goal yesterday ,  I always stay to the final whistle in any game , maybe i'm just a tight cunt who wants his money's worth but its hard to see people walking out like that,    I was also fucked off by the atmosphere, granted Hampden is shite but we sang for about 20 minutes and that was it,  , fuck sake what's happened to us, I sang my auld lungs oot and cunts around me were looking at me like I was an oddball.  Shite game overall,  if it wasn't for the Union Bears the place would have been like watching cricket.

Do you sing or sit there offended at everything but vocal about nothing? 

I love singing the songs but I tend not to sing the add ons and I genuinely sing big trophies at TBBs because I couldn't afford to be arrested and sacked for a song (as sad as it is that anyone should be arrested for words in a song). I would love to go back to the good old days where I could be a 90 minute bigot and not one person was offended! 

Just now, jintybear said:

I love singing the songs but I tend not to sing the add ons and I genuinely sing big trophies at TBBs because I couldn't afford to be arrested and sacked for a song (as sad as it is that anyone should be arrested for words in a song). I would love to go back to the good old days where I could be a 90 minute bigot and not one person was offended! 

I know what you mean Jinty,  we are the only culture who go to jail for cultural expression.

Yes, not as much as I used to. Used to like a wee drink before the game now I'm teetotal so not as boisterous as I used to be. But still manage to go home sometimes with croaky voice. Got to agree with the bits of watching what we are singing. It's a fecking disgrace that you're livelyhood and life could be changed for the sake of you singing a song. I have already warned the boy about this and to put scarf over his face if he wants to join in a song that certain people have made offensive.

We are demonised as a support. Even the case of the bands going under the bridge and police trolling footage and releasing pictures of people singing nearly three months later is ridiculous. And always stay to the end. Think I got that from my dad and my granda who all did the same.?

1 minute ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Yes, not as much as I used to. Used to like a wee drink before the game now I'm teetotal so not as boisterous as I used to be. But still manage to go home sometimes with croaky voice. Got to agree with the bits of watching what we are singing. It's a fecking disgrace that you're livelyhood and life could be changed for the sake of you singing a song. I have already warned the boy about this and to put scarf over his face if he wants to join in a song that certain people have made offensive.

We are demonised as a support. Even the case of the bands going under the bridge and police trolling footage and releasing pictures of people singing nearly three months later is ridiculous. And always stay to the end. Think I got that from my dad and my granda who all did the same.?

maybe the coppers will film a  m.a.s.s   someday and appeal for the cannibals in our midst.

First time a went sober was a nightmare. Just even getting on subway and going over in general. Watching us beat the taigs on penalties was unbelievable. Thought my heart was going to jump out my chest. Used to get full of it early bells and go to the games as I worked nights. Some states I was in. Loved it though.???

I sing at games. Even at Ibrox when there is barely anyone near me singing.

Yesterday the atmosphere down where I was was pretty good. I was where Cardoso incident happened about a quarter of the way up, so a bit away from the UBs, and there was a very large vocal section behind me to the left in the corner that had the old songbook out. Probably the most enjoyable game this season for me atmosphere wise.

In terms of leaving early i’d never left a game before the final whistle in my life until this season. Hearts at home I left bang on 90 and yesterday I left on 88 minutes.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I sing at games. Even at Ibrox when there is barely anyone near me singing.

Yesterday the atmosphere down where I was was pretty good. I was where Cardoso incident happened about a quarter of the way up, so a bit away from the UBs, and there was a very large vocal section behind me to the left in the corner that had the old songbook out. Probably the most enjoyable game this season for me atmosphere wise.

In terms of leaving early i’d never left a game before the final whistle in my life until this season. Hearts at home I left bang on 90 and yesterday I left on 88 minutes.

I always abuse people who walk out with subtle insults like  "Oh, is that the time already" or the classic, "fuck off ya celtic fan"

Yes, I have a face like a map

Just now, Loyaleastend said:

I always abuse people who walk out with subtle insults like  "Oh, is that the time already" or the classic, "fuck off ya celtic fan"

Yes, I have a face like a map

I used to be like this too.

The row in front of me at Ibrox has about 8 or 9 guys my age all mates and they up and left after the second goal in the OF this season.

At Progres home game someone next to me left after 60 mins. Who does that?

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I used to be like this too.

The row in front of me at Ibrox has about 8 or 9 guys my age all mates and they up and left after the second goal in the OF this season.

At Progres home game someone next to me left after 60 mins. Who does that?

I'd have been arrested if I'd seen that

You having a mate I mean (ha ha, joke pal)

Singing was limp on Sunday, really poor. Folk seem now to gradually shying away from any of the old songs. Few times now I've heard folk tutting or sighing when they kick off. Don't get me wrong still get the rendition where nearly everyone joins in, but those times are few and far between.

I'm hoping it's just because folk are so disappointed with what's happening on the pitch they don't have the heart to sing.