Carlos Pena in "He has pace" shocker!!

Torontoblue76

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He’s a good player, folk just want to stick the boot in because it gets attention.

Morelos has had a few poor games for us, everyone has, we have a shite system and only about 4/5 players of really good quality, it’s no wonder we look lost at times.

He’s been totally mismanaged, if I were him and saw the way some of the fans were talking about me or had to warm the bench for Miller I’d be tempted to down tools aswell ffs.

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He’s a good player, folk just want to stick the boot in because it gets attention.

Morelos has had a few poor games for us, everyone has, we have a shite system and only about 4/5 players of really good quality, it’s no wonder we look lost at times.

He’s been totally mismanaged, if I were him and saw the way some of the fans were talking about me or had to warm the bench for Miller I’d be tempted to down tools aswell ffs.

If you can't handle a bit of stick from the stands without 'downing tools' then you shouldn't be a professional footballer being paid thousands of pounds a week. 

He was making good runs and getting into great spaces yesterday, but the passes weren't coming his way. His back tracking wasn't as good as it could of been, but without Jack the whole middle of the park lacked bite. Was the right call to replace him, but I'd keep him in the team for next week. I think the game will suit him a bit more. 

27 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

He was making good runs and getting into great spaces yesterday, but the passes weren't coming his way. His back tracking wasn't as good as it could of been, but without Jack the whole middle of the park lacked bite. Was the right call to replace him, but I'd keep him in the team for next week. I think the game will suit him a bit more. 

There was one he ran in the space between 2 defenders straight down towards goal but (i think) Miller fucked it and never passed it to him.

@ben51 he was poor yesterday but got hooked at half time, EVERY player was shite in the first half imo.

31 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

If you can't handle a bit of stick from the stands without 'downing tools' then you shouldn't be a professional footballer being paid thousands of pounds a week. 

I agree with that but I meant more so in a no being arsed to bust a gut more than he usually would type of way, we need to give a reason for the guy to even want to be here, he’s been treated like nothing because it’s popular opinion, Miller getting a game over him full stop just should not be happening, ever.

That being said when given the chance he has to take it, for me he has enough to justify not warming the bench for Miller or sitting at home because Niko is on the bench, terrible man management.

Wouldn’t suprise me if he is off soon but he’s a decent footballer and adds a lot more to us than he takes away, personally would rather try to get the best out of him than pray Miller turns 25 again, he’s done, there is no improvement in him.

2 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I'd have Miller ahead of the unfit, disinterested, ineffectual and embarrassing Pena every time.

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

I'd have Miller ahead of the unfit, disinterested, ineffectual and embarrassing Pena every time.

Pena scores goals and gives the ball away constantly and contributes not much else, Miller does not score goals and gives the ball away constantly and contributes not much else.

I know who I’d rather have..

4 minutes ago, don logan said:

That’s your opinion mate, I can see why.

Still think he’s already scored more goals than Miller will all season if he’s played for the rest of it and would rather see if he can improve, he’s a World Cup to fight for so regardless of if he’s leaving us he needs to perform or his career is done.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Pena scores goals and gives the ball away constantly and contributes not much else, Miller does not score goals and gives the ball away constantly and contributes not much else.

I know who I’d rather have..

Pish Lewis. It's not just what you do on the ball. Pena has been with us for six months and is still woefully off the pace and unable to see 90 minutes out without hiding. And that's scandalous.

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

That’s your opinion mate, I can see why.

Still think he’s already scored more goals than Miller will all season if he’s played for the rest of it and would rather see if he can improve, he’s a World Cup to fight for so regardless of if he’s leaving us he needs to perform or his career is done.

So when is he going to start fighting? 

5 minutes ago, don logan said:

Pish Lewis. It's not just what you do on the ball. Pena has been with us for six months and is still woefully off the pace and unable to see 90 minutes out without hiding. And that's scandalous.

Our second highest scorer iirc

2 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

The same can be said for Miller then if he was dropped for Pena (different positions though) considering he's been a lot better for Rangers than Pena