backup

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rfc52 said:

You mean like Lewis Macleod who was about 5 stone wet?

Or Kal naismith who was about as strong as a wet fart? Or wee Murdoch or the young boy we signed from.city (can't mind his name) 

Of course, and I'm very appreciative than in you we have an authority on the ins and outs of what is happening with YD at Auchenhowie. You have answered everything, there is no problem, we are not releasing players too early, we don't have a preference against smaller skillful players. Cheers for that.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Of course, and I'm very appreciative than in you we have an authority on the ins and outs of what is happening with YD at Auchenhowie. You have answered everything, there is no problem, we are not releasing players too early, we don't have a preference against smaller skillful players. Cheers for that.

u ok

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A lot of young boys bounce about clubs - particularly at that age - until they find one that fits them.

With any list of players who have left us and gone on to do well, you can almost guarantee a large chunk of them will have also played, and moved on, from other clubs too before finding a good match for them.

Dude, are there any concerns about the types of players we are developing?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's ok. Me and Craig mulholland are as tight as bawsburst and Brian and young wills quill

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It would appear that any returns/benefits in all spheres from Auchenhowie do not justify the costs and running costs, not fit for purpose.

What's clear is that just before this club hit the rocks a few years ago we did have some credible talent; one of the saddest things about back then was that many of the careers of those players appeared to be affected by those events. Now that we are back it would be very positive sign to see that back again. Getting those players to play with good influences in that first team is also a task that a new manager will have to deal with as well. 

Dude, are there any concerns about the types of players we are developing?

Not that I know of about type. I know that - in the 20's particularly - there's been a number of boys moved around to see how suitable they are in other positions but generally speaking there's a good spread across positions. Whether it's defensively (Aidan Wilson, Jack Thomson, Lewis Mayo) or attacking (Zak Rudden, Josh McPake, Liam Burt, Serge Atakayi).

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Killie let go of Barrie McKay, celtic let Shay Given go, it happens.

He did nothing to impress me when we played them at Murrayfield, he looked like a lost boy.

Not true on both counts.

Killie offered McKay a contract, something showed up in his medical and they withdrew the offer

Given was on a YTS contract that celtic had not converted into a pro one. Blackburn stepped in signed him on freedom of contract. Anyone that watched youth games at the time will know he kept the score down in a couple of games against Rangers.

Sinclair released a lot of players that are now playing at a decent standard, and replaced them them with bigger, stronger players that are now in the main playing junior and pub football.

To be fair in Harry Cochrane's case I believe he asked to be released due to lack of game time. At the time Rangers had four players contesting two centre mid roles, one being Billy Gilmour. In saying that the HOY's job is to identify and nurture any talent, which Hearts obviously did. Falkirk also identified and developed four players he released and made close to £2 million in transfer fees.

I think Harry's father is a scout for Rangers.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not that I know of about type. I know that - in the 20's particularly - there's been a number of boys moved around to see how suitable they are in other positions but generally speaking there's a good spread across positions. Whether it's defensively (Aidan Wilson, Jack Thomson, Lewis Mayo) or attacking (Zak Rudden, Josh McPake, Liam Burt, Serge Atakayi).

Is Andrew Dallas a creative player Dude; he is one player I'd like to see make it here.

2 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Not true on both counts.

Killie offered McKay a contract, something showed up in his medical and they withdrew the offer

Given was on a YTS contract that celtic had not converted into a pro one. Blackburn stepped in signed him on freedom of contract. Anyone that watched youth games at the time will know he kept the score down in a couple of games against Rangers.

Sinclair released a lot of players that are now playing at a decent standard, and replaced them them with bigger, stronger players that are now in the main playing junior and pub football.

To be fair in Harry Cochrane's case I believe he asked to be released due to lack of game time. At the time Rangers had four players contesting two centre mid roles, one being Billy Gilmour. In saying that the HOY's job is to identify and nurture any talent, which Hearts obviously did. Falkirk also identified and developed four players he released and made close to £2 million in transfer fees.

I think Harry's father is a scout for Rangers.

He's is mate 

2 minutes ago, backup said:

It would appear that any returns/benefits in all spheres from Auchenhowie do not justify the costs and running costs, not fit for purpose.

It's a training centre for the first team squad first and foremost.

its good that the younger players use it too but it's not an academy so it certainly is fit for purpose.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

It's an interesting point; do we develop players at a higher or lower rate than we did in the past? I'd love to know Advocaat's views on it, because this was his idea; just for curiosity's sake.

Is Andrew Dallas a creative player Dude; he is one player I'd like to see make it here.

He is but he's one of those ones who is also a grafter. He's been thrown in a number of position and simply gets his head down and works hard. He was one of the ones I got the impression that Murty trusted to come in and do a job for him regardless of where he was played.