Time for Dave King to depart Rangers - but who could take over at the Ibrox club?

Virtuoso

On 24/12/2017 at 14:36, j1mgg said:

He won't need £11m, as very few people will sell at 20p a share.

He has to lodge the 11 million on the pretext of everyone taking up his offer. He can't just make the offer and shell out to those who accept it.

I'll think you'll be surprised at just how many do take up his offer as this will be their last chance to make anything back before their shareholding is diluted to fuck.

From an earlier post on another thread:

Probables

Sandy Easdale - shares 5.25m - 6.45% - cost @ 20p £1.05m

Blue Pitch - 4m - 4.91% - £800k

Margarita - 2.6m - 3.19% - £520k

Norne Ansalt - 1.2m - 1.47% - £240k

Putney Holdings 700k - 0.86% - £140k

James Easdale 573k - 0.70% - £115k

Beaufort Securities ??? - ??? - £???

Possibles

River & Mercantile 3.52m - 4.32% - £704k

Glenmuir 1m - 1.23% - £200k

Ally McCoist - 1.09m - £218k

That's the guts of 4 1/2 million or so for a start.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

He has to lodge the 11 million on the pretext of everyone taking up his offer. He can't just make the offer and shell out to those who accept it.

I'll think you'll be surprised at just how many do take up his offer as this will be their last chance to make anything back before their shareholding is diluted to fuck.

From an earlier post on another thread:

That's the guts of 4 1/2 million or so for a start.

Do we know who would lose, and who would gain money from the list above?

11 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Do we know who would lose, and who would gain money from the list above?

It's hard to say exactly. From memory, the Easdales paid 70p, Margarita, Blue Pitch and Putney Holdings - a combination of 70p and 1p shares.

It's safe to say that the four above who have been blocked from voting will accept 20p as their percentage is about to be diluted and rendered virtually worthless and this would be a fuck you to King.

McCoist would gain as his were penny shares.

Would need to try and find who paid exactly what.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Serious question. Would anybody now accept Ashley back if it meant saving the Club, assuming no-one else is interested?

He would  be the one to do it he has the money to get us back to winning the league I've said it all along but I do think once he sells the geordies he will try to buy king out 

4 minutes ago, gers31 said:

He would  be the one to do it he has the money to get us back to winning the league I've said it all along but I do think once he sells the geordies he will try to buy king out 

I think he may do it as a "fuck you" to the SFA. My worry would be that we would be subject to another one-sided retail deal. No doubt Lionbrand would be happy about that .

20 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I think he may do it as a "fuck you" to the SFA. My worry would be that we would be subject to another one-sided retail deal. No doubt Lionbrand would be happy about that .

Nah if he is in charge surley the club need to stipulate that all money from shirts and sales go strait to the club and not sports direct that would be a stipulation 

1 hour ago, gers31 said:

Nah if he is in charge surley the club need to stipulate that all money from shirts and sales go strait to the club and not sports direct that would be a stipulation 

If he is in charge there is fuck all stipulation anyone else could make. He did it with less than a 30% holding; imagine what he could do if he owned more than 50%.