MSPs recommend repeal of OBFA

RangersMedia

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Since the SNP do not have a majority it has a good chance of being scrapped and I think some parties had it in their last election manifesto.

I'm very unsure if it is good or bad for Rangers fans, I think it is fair to say if the taigs are wanting it gone it might be best left alone. 

I said at the time of the SNP proposing it that it’s the only thing I’d stand side by side the taigs with protesting against it - it’s somethjng that would have brought us together for one day and made a point if we did it right and threatened to lose the SNP votes but it never happened as the hypocrite fenians still vote SNP out of their sheer hatred of Britain. 

Id have also stood side by side with any tarriers voting no in that referendum too ie Galloway and Reid and went back to hating them at 10pm when the ballot stations were closed 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

should be noted that while the act may be repealed, the charge of offensive behaviour will still exist.

this was one of the reasons the OBAFM was so contentious - there are myriad acts that already existed that could be used without specifically targetting football fans such as the Public Order act - why target football fans? well, we now know why it was introduced, and subsequently why it is being repealed.

Celebrate if it makes you feel better, but the end result of its repeal will be Rangers fans getting done under existing legislation while celtic fans do what they like in the name of "political expression". So singing a song will get you huckled but hanging Rangers fans in effigy will get you heehaw.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I said at the time of the SNP proposing it that it’s the only thing I’d stand side by side the taigs with protesting against it - it’s somethjng that would have brought us together for one day and made a point if we did it right and threatened to lose the SNP votes but it never happened as the hypocrite fenians still vote SNP out of their sheer hatred of Britain. 

Id have also stood side by side with any tarriers voting no in that referendum too ie Galloway and Reid and went back to hating them at 10pm when the ballot stations were closed 

I think that is fair comment mate, it is a really strange situation because you would think getting rid of this legislation would be a no brainer but I genuinely do not know if it is as far as our support is concerned.

What a fuckin shambles this whole episode has been. 

Of course it was started by the dhims complaining to anyone who woukd listen after we rammed The Famine Song ( a song i still believe to be legitimate)  down their throats as a come back to their ultra pseudo irishness. Then when it bites them they decide they're not so offended after all and campaign like fuck.

Funny tning is; they got they'rs way initially now they're getting their way again! no surprise really. 

Got to be clear: this is being repealed because it is clumsily thought through, poorly written legislation that is tokenistic and was rushed out in response to 2011 (bullets, bombs, etc) by a government desperately trying to be seen to be in control 

all the offences basically are covered by existing legislation, the main positive will be that you can no longer be charged for a range of OB offences that take place in the vicinity of football, including on a television in a pub, that the act brought in in a ridiculous fashion

suspect football fans as the enemy is passing, hopefully FOCUS goes next 

14 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Got to be clear: this is being repealed because it is clumsily thought through, poorly written legislation that is tokenistic and was rushed out in response to 2011 (bullets, bombs, etc) by a government desperately trying to be seen to be in control 

all the offences basically are covered by existing legislation, the main positive will be that you can no longer be charged for a range of OB offences that take place in the vicinity of football, including on a television in a pub, that the act brought in in a ridiculous fashion

suspect football fans as the enemy is passing, hopefully FOCUS goes next 

Nah mate,  Rangers fans will always be classed as the enemy in this tarrier controlled cess pitt. 

The Bill will be repealed and it will go back to how it was before with Rangers being the only club in their sights.

They don't even hide the fact that the act was designed to target one set of fans. They are open about that,and the nonsensical notion that sectarianism is only anti Irish and anti catholic. 

That attitude, in this day and age is such a backwards way of thinking and gives the green light (pardon the pun) to all and sundry to target the protestant unionist community, and in fact the non-catholic community in general. I've never known a community to be pandered to like the Irish and catholic community are in Scotland. 

What they maybe can't get through their thick heads is that by continuing this demonization of one community, and canonisation of another, they are perpetuating the sectarian nature of the country, although the cynical side of me wonders if that suits the SNP as they have guaranteed votes if they target our community, and that at the end of the day is what matters to political parties. 

They should consider the fact that no other nation in this British Isles currently have the same problems with sectarianism as we do in Scotland, and that is shameful, but what do we expect when the party in power panders to the shameless in the east end and values religion over human rights. 

I always thought fuck this bill, but now I'm beginning to be swayed by maybe hoping it's kept. Obviously it's affecting they cunts so in a way that's a bonus, we as in Rangers fans seem to be doing not bad with the songs these days. Games I have been to this season especially away games there is no fans better when we are on form. 

See if it is kept then plod will need to be seen to do there job with the scum and that will hurt them, if they don't then it will be seen as corrupt and it's fucking ironic that the ones that were claiming to be offended are now not even wise enough to keep themselves in check. So because the original so called offended are proven to be the real scum and have been found out we all need to go back to the government and get it overturned, only in this country could it happen.

On a side note I couldn't give a fuck what they sing during a game, but as long as I'm allowed to sing what I want, famine song included and not be put up in court on a charge and face losing my job and everything, should be a level playing field all round because they will still make a total arse and shame themselves through there love of terrorists and there poppy and anti British stance, FTP.

32 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

up in court on a charge and face losing my job and everything

You could lose your job but they can't.

Actually with or without this act the only difference is that it will always be us that get punished. If the effigy episode at the piggery was not considered an offence then the gemmes a bogey, act or no act.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Do you want it repealed ?

If your answer is yes, do you not see that we as a support and a community are playing right into their hands?

As far as I’m concerned, if you get caught shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastard then you’re just not been smart enough especially when the Police are about.

To repeat most on this thread, this act was brought out by them for us and any repeal will take the spotlight away from them, again so it’s a big fat No from me. 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Do you want it repealed ?

If your answer is yes, do you not see that we as a support and a community are playing right into their hands?

As far as I’m concerned, if you get caught shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastard then you’re just not been smart enough especially when the Police are about.

To repeat most on this thread, this act was brought out by them for us and any repeal will take the spotlight away from them, again so it’s a big fat No from me. 

Erm if you read the post before that I actually said I don’t think I want it repealed for more or less those reasons 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Erm if you read the post before that I actually said I don’t think I want it repealed for more or less those reasons 

Sorry missed it but I did read it before but only came to the last page today and only misinterpreted your last post and yip we’re saying exactly the same thing. The problem is we don’t have people in positions fighting our corner on this whereas they have their corrupt church and MPs, councillors etc and the rest of the victim brigade. Maybe Club 1872 should be vocal on it along with our club especially the club as it would be a good defence for them the next time the club gets done and that will happen.