Referees

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

"What's that, shouting at me son? Here you go, yella card get yirself to fuck."

Top, top suggestions from @Hilly86

A referee will do what a referee wants to do. Unless the fourth official or a linesman pipes something up but even at that they still have the power to disregard what they say and carry on with what they are doing.

An excellent point from @RFCRobertson, except for the fact that referees are readily suggestible, and have been so forever.

No shouting required, just sufficient players to make him think about the next decision. We are much too passive in allowing ourselves to be bullied and for bad decisions to be made.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You're in the same moronic boat as @Courtyard Bear it seems.

Pointless debating with people whom cant read or cant be bothered reading what is actually being said. :lol:

It seems that after the first few posts suggesting your OP contain a slanted, warped or even upside down view with your crazy suggestion  that we have not been targeted with some of the most atrocious decisions  ever made in Scottish football in the last few years that you have now decided to deflect by insulting the more clear minded posters on here, including @Courtyard Bear.

No surprise you are not capable of holding to the debate on it.

45 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It seems that after the first few posts suggesting your OP contain a slanted, warped or even upside down view with your crazy suggestion  that we have not been targeted with some of the most atrocious decisions  ever made in Scottish football in the last few years that you have now decided to deflect by insulting the more clear minded posters on here, including @Courtyard Bear.

No surprise you are not capable of holding to the debate on it.

My original post actually states that we have been targeted and that referees are indeed biased. The whole point is that we should never use that as an excuse as it is counter-productive and for the weak. We should strive to be above all of this and be as good as we can be and make these refereeing incidents have less of an impact on us.

So again, you simply confirm to everyone that you're a mongo.

I am happy to debate, but not with mongos.

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Have some of us really started this always cheated never defeated crap? We used to take the piss out of the mutants for the same mentality, now it looks like some of us are quite happy to fall into and exist in that mould.

Look, we are not in a good place just now - that is clear. We are having refereeing decisions go against us - that's clear. We also seem to have the same referees making decisions which look to be heavily biased. 

It doesn't matter, this has always been the case, except we didn't notice it because WE WERE WINNING. We were so fucking good it didn't matter a fuck about decisions going against us.

It's human nature to try and find some kind of way to blame someone else, and it's so easy to blame the referee. This is wee team mentality and something which is not healthy for any of us to dwell upon. This is not about being tight lipped and never complaining, showing class and embracing dignified silence - it's about embracing the very foundation that made us a great club.

We shouldn't be getting into the habit of complaining about referees, we should be demanding more from the people charged with running our club. We are simply not good enough at all. We should be aiming to be so good that refereeing decisions, atmospheric conditions, the state or type of pitches do not make any real impact on us.

That is the way the club set out so many years ago, and it's brought us success.

Do not embrace wee team or scum mentality, demand change so that we become the very best we can be and then we will welcome the chase once again.

Why do we always have to worry and compare  about how and why the beggars behaved .

It's totally different climate .

You could think , by saying this about them , that it's us with a  chip on the shoulder .

It's like a broken down record with many . "Awwww that's taig like behaviour ". All hee man like.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wondered how long it would take before we got a worse than taigs thread for questioning what has become blatant incompetence at best from our Refs and cynical one sided decisions at worst. 

Only bears would points the fingers at bears when Ref's decisions are continually going against us , mostly In the bigger games .

It really makes you laugh sometimes

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Why do we always have to worry and compare  about how and why the beggars behaved .

It's totally different climate .

You could think , by saying this about them , that it's us with a  chip on the shoulder .

It's like a broken down record with many . "Awwww that's taig like behaviour ". All hee man like.

Like I said, we should be being the best we can be, stop being dragged down by shit or bent referees, and then watch as the others play catch up. The real problem is the boardroom, and all this blaming players and referees is an unwanted distraction.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like I said, we should be being the best we can be, stop being dragged down by shit or bent referees, and then watch as the others play catch up. The real problem is the boardroom, and all this blaming players and referees is an unwanted distraction.

It's just part of football mate . Nothing to do with behaving like them

We should never accuse fellow bears of behaving like taigs , unless they are clearly taigs

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's just part of football mate . Nothing to do with behaving like them

We should never accuse fellow bears of behaving like taigs , unless they are clearly taigs

To be fair, it's a general mentality that the taigs and small teams have as stated. It's not behaving like taigs, it's a component of their mindset same as any wee team has. A Kilmarnock, or Ross County fan will complain till they're out of puff about decisions that have gone against them because it makes them feel better about their inabilities, funnily enough the taigs do the same. I simply want us to focus on the real issue instead of being caught up in the bullshit.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

To be fair, it's a general mentality that the taigs and small teams have as stated. It's not behaving like taigs, it's a component of their mindset same as any wee team has. A Kilmarnock, or Ross County fan will complain till they're out of puff about decisions that have gone against them because it makes them feel better about their inabilities, funnily enough the taigs do the same. I simply want us to focus on the real issue instead of being caught up in the bullshit.

Fair enough bud . It will never happen as that is why we love the game

The Liverpool fans will be going home to a man tonight . Thinking the ref cheated them

It turns out all the decisions were the right ones

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

My original post actually states that we have been targeted and that referees are indeed biased. The whole point is that we should never use that as an excuse as it is counter-productive and for the weak. We should strive to be above all of this and be as good as we can be and make these refereeing incidents have less of an impact on us.

So again, you simply confirm to everyone that you're a mongo.

I am happy to debate, but not with mongos.

No I disagree with ignoring obvious bias. I think we should highlight these instances as strongly as possible, especially the ones where our players were deliberately targeted for "disrespecting an opponent" by chipping the ball over his head, and sent off for harmlessly celebrating a goal. 

I assume you can see your last two sentence following your first point above are just as totally contradictory as your first post ?

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

No I disagree with ignoring obvious bias. I think we should highlight these instances as strongly as possible, especially the ones where our players were deliberately targeted for "disrespecting an opponent" by chipping the ball over his head, and sent off for harmlessly celebrating a goal. 

I assume you can see your last two sentence following your first point above are just as totally contradictory as your first post ?

I think it's your bedtime :duh: