Referees

Have some of us really started this always cheated never defeated crap? We used to take the piss out of the mutants for the same mentality, now it looks like some of us are quite happy to fall into and exist in that mould.

Look, we are not in a good place just now - that is clear. We are having refereeing decisions go against us - that's clear. We also seem to have the same referees making decisions which look to be heavily biased. 

It doesn't matter, this has always been the case, except we didn't notice it because WE WERE WINNING. We were so fucking good it didn't matter a fuck about decisions going against us.

It's human nature to try and find some kind of way to blame someone else, and it's so easy to blame the referee. This is wee team mentality and something which is not healthy for any of us to dwell upon. This is not about being tight lipped and never complaining, showing class and embracing dignified silence - it's about embracing the very foundation that made us a great club.

We shouldn't be getting into the habit of complaining about referees, we should be demanding more from the people charged with running our club. We are simply not good enough at all. We should be aiming to be so good that refereeing decisions, atmospheric conditions, the state or type of pitches do not make any real impact on us.

That is the way the club set out so many years ago, and it's brought us success.

Do not embrace wee team or scum mentality, demand change so that we become the very best we can be and then we will welcome the chase once again.

I don’t expect Rangers to win every game and referees will get odd decision wrong against us but this is way beyond that. 

Teams know that Rangers players are fair game to inflict whatever injuries they feel necessary and certain managers of opposition teams are setting their tactics up to win games with this in mind. 

We are all seeing this yet our pathetic manager and board allow it to go without any condemnation. 

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I don’t expect Rangers to win every game and referees will get odd decision wrong against us but this is way beyond that. 

Teams know that Rangers players are fair game to inflict whatever injuries they feel necessary and certain managers of opposition teams are setting their tactics up to win games with this in mind. 

We are all seeing this yet our pathetic manager and board allow it to go without any condemnation. 

As soon as you think it's gone well beyond it you've fallen into the trap, we have been mediocre all season and deserve our league position - full stop. Some are well and truly embracing the small team mentality. A better manager may well use his stage to help things go better for us, but we have a youth coach. It's those whom installed Murty/Pedro/McCall/McDowall/McCoist whom deserve the real anger and frustration from the fans.

Were obviously the masters of our own downfall this season but you can’t say that the referees have been absolutely fair or poor for both teams in our games. 

The first Hibs game was ruined by the referee 100%. We’ve lost 2 players to season ending injuries through challenges that have went totally unpunished and watched one of our players get his nose broken. 

I think it took to their 8th foul yesterday for the ref to draw a card, that’s just a joke in any game. 

But on the other hand we should be dishing it out as well. We let them walk all over us yesterday and the tackle by Porteous on one of our players is what I wished one of our guys would’ve done to them. Were far too powderpuff and often invite teams to be a bit more physical than usual but we really don’t get any protection from the refs either. Windass was dragged to the ground by his neck for the free kick Goss scored, hands on your opponent like that is a red all day long. 

I think the refs are genuinely shite at their jobs but there is one or two who IMO have some sort of agenda, consciously or subconsciously. 

21 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

As soon as you think it's gone well beyond it you've fallen into the trap, we have been mediocre all season and deserve our league position - full stop. Some are well and truly embracing the small team mentality. A better manager may well use his stage to help things go better for us, but we have a youth coach. It's those whom installed Murty/Pedro/McCall/McDowall/McCoist whom deserve the real anger and frustration from the fans.

I don't watch a game of football to see a thug like that lego cunt breaking a 16 year old's collar bone because he was getting outplayed by him, the referees, probably with the blessing of the spfl chairman are a joke and it is beyond the usual incorrect penalty or offside goal which should of stood. 

It is getting mentioned from other teams that the scums chairman is running Scottish football and that referees have a bias towards certain teams yet our team continues with some dignified silence pish. That is small team mentality and it is what makes it abundantly clear our chairman and manager are not anywhere near the standard of our team.

Think they all need pulled in the week after a game to discusse what they did right and wrong same as a lot of jobs.

Then hopefully it would make them think to be more honest and not so biased as wud show up if the same problems and decisions showed and recorded against certain teams .

And this wud then help all teams who get pissed re certain refs.

There's been more than our fair share of decisions gone against us. It's probably more frustrating as we are dropping points.  Sometimes these decisions are influencing results, other times they don't.

I reckon there's no doubt at times there's an element of blaming refs when our team are shite but equally there's a valid argument that it can be case that we can be shite but still suffer at the hands of appalling refereeing.

Yesterday I thought he was poor with his general game management but our loss was down to Murty and the players.

Back when we were winning we were stronger than the bheasts in every way. Part of the turnaround was a very successful imo public campaign against referees by the bheasts and now the footballing authorities including refs do appear more pro bheast than against.  Add that to their financial strength and winning team, and compliant media, and it's evident to me that it's not a level playing field in this country. The commonwealth games proved this.

So I guess whilst it's wrong imo to have a culture of blaming refs for all our woes, there's definitely something underlying that' s going against us. And whilst that can be exacerbated given how shite we are at times, we shouldn't use our shiteness to not question and challenge some dreadful refereeing. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wondered how long it would take before we got a worse than taigs thread for questioning what has become blatant incompetence at best from our Refs and cynical one sided decisions at worst. 

Makes absolutely no sense, maybe you should read the original post once in a while.

I'm saying in order for us to beat all of this shit we have to be better, just now we have absolutely no right to say we should be above our current position in the league - that might be too difficult to handle for some deluded fans.

You continue to blame refs all you want, and you'll see what good it does us - none. The only way forward is to work harder, be more professional, be better. Simple as that. 

Referees are only a relevance when we're pish enough to let their incompetence make a difference.

However we should still expect competent performances, and if that's not possible then surely the same rules applied to both sets of players isn't too much to ask!

1 hour ago, Hilly86 said:

And rather than moaning about decisions after the fact, maybe the players could find some backbone and start getting in a referee's face when there's a decision to be made?

"What's that, shouting at me son? Here you go, yella card get yirself to fuck."

Top, top suggestions from @Hilly86

A referee will do what a referee wants to do. Unless the fourth official or a linesman pipes something up but even at that they still have the power to disregard what they say and carry on with what they are doing.

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Makes absolutely no sense, maybe you should read the original post once in a while.

I'm saying in order for us to beat all of this shit we have to be better, just now we have absolutely no right to say we should be above our current position in the league - that might be too difficult to handle for some deluded fans.

You continue to blame refs all you want, and you'll see what good it does us - none. The only way forward is to work harder, be more professional, be better. Simple as that. 

So your trying to say we haven’t been on the wrong end of blatantly wrong decisions this season. 

Jeez we have had Jack with 2 (yes fucking 2) rescinded Red cards and both him and Dorrans our for most of the season because of shocking tackles that went unpunished. 

But aye it’s all our fault because we are poor and nothing to do with the Refs. 

Yes we have been poor, but we could be at least 6 points better off if not for shit Refs, so you have to look at the whole picture and just not claim that anyone who questions the Ref is acting like a taig and not looking at the team. 

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Referees are only a relevance when we're pish enough to let their incompetence make a difference.

However we should still expect competent performances, and if that's not possible then surely the same rules applied to both sets of players isn't too much to ask!

You say it so much better than I did. ????

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your trying to say we haven’t been on the wrong end of blatantly wrong decisions this season. 

Jeez we have had Jack with 2 (yes fucking 2) rescinded Red cards and both him and Dorrans our for most of the season because of shocking tackles that went unpunished. 

But aye it’s all our fault because we are poor and nothing to do with the Refs. 

Yes we have been poor, but we could be at least 6 points better off if not for shit Refs, so you have to look at the whole picture and just not claim that anyone who questions the Ref is acting like a taig and not looking at the team. 

I'm not even going to read your post, because again you've failed to read the original post. I read the first line, it's at odds with what I'm saying so if you're not going to bother I'm not. Incredible. :duh:

FYI the second line of the orginal post;

"Look, we are not in a good place just now - that is clear. We are having refereeing decisions go against us - that's clear. We also seem to have the same referees making decisions which look to be heavily biased."

Some people on this forum :lol:

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Aye, your quite right OP , made right decision to send our player off for fisting the air after scoring, happens all the time................

You're in the same moronic boat as @Courtyard Bear it seems.

Pointless debating with people whom cant read or cant be bothered reading what is actually being said. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm not even going to read your post, because again you've failed to read the original post. I read the first line, it's at odds with what I'm saying so if you're not going to bother I'm not. Incredible. :duh:

FYI the second line of the orginal post;

"Look, we are not in a good place just now - that is clear. We are having refereeing decisions go against us - that's clear. We also seem to have the same referees making decisions which look to be heavily biased."

Some people on this forum :lol:

I read it, it makes no sense. 

You claim we have folk on here that won’t admit we have been poor and it’s all the Refs fault. I’ve never read anyone say that. 

We have all said we aren’t playing good enough, but that’s compounded by baffling decisions from the Ref that are having a direct impact on the individual 90mins and in the case of Jack & Dorrans the whole season. 

But as soon as anyone mentions the Refs we get your worse than a taig nonsense. 

The club need to be putting pressure on the SFA and the Refs, we are getting kicked all over the park but when we try and give some of it back the Refs are all over us. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I read it, it makes no sense. 

You claim we have folk on here that won’t admit we have been poor and it’s all the Refs fault. I’ve never read anyone say that. 

We have all said we aren’t playing good enough, but that’s compounded by baffling decisions from the Ref that are having a direct impact on the individual 90mins and in the case of Jack & Dorrans the whole season. 

But as soon as anyone mentions the Refs we get your worse than a taig nonsense. 

The club need to be putting pressure on the SFA and the Refs, we are getting kicked all over the park but when we try and give some of it back the Refs are all over us. 

To you, and I have no doubt there's a reason why you cant understand it.

Whom has said worse than taigs? 

This is one of the reasons why referees and officials in general don't fear being openly biased against us. We are not only passive about bad decisions against us but actually have a go at anyone willing to stand up for us.  There is no other team or set of fans who would accept this behaviour against their team and surprisingly enough no other team gets treated as badly as we do.

I don't normally subscribe to the biased refs argument purely because it is impossible for anyone to prove. I do agree though that there have been more than enough blatantly incorrect decisions against us this season for the club to take their case to the SFA for a formal response.  If that is too much like 'them' for some people I couldn't give a toss.