Liam Burt to Dumbarton

Lloyd

39 minutes ago, PRW. said:

These loans need to happen for these players. 

Very rarely is a youth prospect going to get a run of games at Rangers, unless there is some injury crisis or they are just far too good to be in the youths.

This is their only chance to prove they have what it takes at first team level. Sink or swim, if you like. 

We have put plenty out on loan, and its showed they aren’t good enough for our first team (Gasporotto, Thompson, Sinnamon, Hardie, Roberts, Jeffries etc the most recent examples)

I imagine the number that progress from these loans will rise in the next few years when the we see the impact Muholland has had on the academy. 

What ever happened to him? I'm sure he was better than Dani Alves at one point according to this forum.

I think players being loaned out for the season etc end up becoming players of Championship standard etc. 

I don't have too many answers either, but, I can't think of many players who burst on to the scene who have had significant loan spells. 

I'd prefer them at the club taking part in our youth game programme.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

What ever happened to him? I'm sure he was better than Dani Alves at one point according to this forum.

Think that had to do with an overall feeling noone wanted to see Ricky Foster kick a ball for us again.

Players going out on loan soon realise how good they have it. Even if they don't settle well, play well, impress the loan club punters etc that's not to say it can't be a huge turning point or motivation for the player.

We know next to fuck all about how each individual is getting on and what they need to progress. 

I'll assume here Rangers and the player can see the benefits and back the move rather than criticise out of general negativity based on others moves.

9 hours ago, theweebluenose said:

Whats the deal with us and Dumbarton? We always seem to be loaning them players.

At the moment Dumbarton have got a total of  seven players that played at Rangers at some point in their careers;  Two on temporarily  loan ( Liam Burt &  Aidan Wilson); four ex- first team players ( Scott Gallacher, Tom Walsh, Calum Gallagher, Kyle Hutton) and former youth player (Iain Russell)

I wonder if they fancy taking Dodoo, Herrera, O'Halloran, Dalcio, Kranjcar until the end of the season?