The manager speaks

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

As much as your right it’s impossible to get rid of the whole team. We all know that. Out of the current cunts if it’s a must the only cunts who I’d take a punt on is murphy, Mcrorie and Tav. 

Tav is aligned with failure mate he’s symptomatic with all of our problems - he epitomises failure at our club he’s the first one I’d cash in on 

if Pedro got ten duds out the door last summer then we should be able to do similar and then some again this time - I don’t see a good reason why not 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Tav is aligned with failure mate he’s symptomatic with all of our problems - he epitomises failure at our club he’s the first one I’d cash in on 

if Pedro got ten duds out the door last summer then we should be able to do similar and then some again this time - I don’t see a good reason why not 

To be fair your probably right mate. I was told today there is interest from championship clubs, if true get rid pronto but make sure they pay top dollar. We both know he’s not worth it but fuck me it don’t matter. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No offence but we’ve heard all this talk before and recently 

I’m optimistic and can’t wait for him to get started but those types of sound bytes got old towards the end of Warburton’s first season.

Im worried reading between the lines he will be trusting a few of them to up their game and buy into his philosophy - they shouldn’t get the chance to !!

Yep, heard it all before.  Meaningless bluster at this point.  If he wants to prove himself he'll need to do it on the pitch.  

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think he did get rid of as much as he would've liked to.  He got Dodoo, Forrester, MOH, and Halliday out the door but only on loan.  We were probably covering the wages for a few of those players I know we were still playing the majority of MOH's wages.

I'd say there's more than ten players needing shifted now: Cardoso, Hodson, Rossiter, Holt, Halliday, Windass, Forrester, Dodoo, MOH, Herrera, etc.  I can't see us moving all of those players on because no one will want them and the payoffs would cost us millions.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don't think he did get rid of as much as he would've liked to.  He got Dodoo, Forrester, MOH, and Halliday out the door but only on loan.  We were probably covering the wages for a few of those players I know we were still playing the majority of MOH's wages.

I'd say there's more than ten players needing shifted now: Cardoso, Hodson, Rossiter, Holt, Halliday, Windass, Forrester, Dodoo, MOH, Herrera, etc.  I can't see us moving all of those players on because no one will want them and the payoffs would cost us millions.

I know but I’d settle for loaning a whole bunch out tbh 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know but I’d settle for loaning a whole bunch out tbh 

After the way some of them failed when out on loan I think we'd struggle to even do that.  Halliday had to be sent to Gabala because no one else would have him FFS.  

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Fuck me it’s frightening that forrester is still a registered Rangers player. 

Just now, TMB said:

After the way some of them failed when out on loan I think we'd struggle to even do that.  Halliday had to be sent to Gabala because no one else would have him FFS.  

There would be suitors provided the players are willing to play ball.

i think Halliday could get a Partick Thistle or some mob like that quite easily but I think the problem we have is that a lot of players were happy to say fuck this I’m off when it was clown trousers Pedro but a lot of them will be star struck by Gerrard and want to hang around because of it - that’s where Gerrards personality has to be big and sit them down and tell them they aren’t in his plans 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Fuck me it’s frightening that forrester is still a registered Rangers player. 

He's contracted for one more year along with Lee Hodson.  Guys like MOH, Holt, Halliday, Dodoo, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, and Rossiter, have two more years to go. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There would be suitors provided the players are willing to play ball.

i think Halliday could get a Partick Thistle or some mob like that quite easily but I think the problem we have is that a lot of players were happy to say fuck this I’m off when it was clown trousers Pedro but a lot of them will be star struck by Gerrard and want to hang around because of it - that’s where Gerrards personality has to be big and sit them down and tell them they aren’t in his plans 

We're paying Halliday more than he could ever earn at Partick thistle and that's the issue.  Why would Halliday settle for a few hundred quid a week at Thistle when he can sit out his contract here until 2020 earning more money than he ever will elsewhere.  We're going to be stuck with a number of these guys unless payoffs start happening.  

Just now, TMB said:

We're paying Halliday more than he could ever earn at Partick thistle and that's the issue.  Why would Halliday settle for a few hundred quid a week at Thistle when he can sit out his contract here until 2020 earning more money than he ever will elsewhere.  We're going to be stuck with a number of these guys unless payoffs start happening.  

I know that - which is a problem but in those instances we reach agreements and get him to fuck - even if we need to spend a small fortune to save a small fortune doing it then so be it - I think it’s 50% of the contract you pay up 

it’s a sore one alright but that’s the price you pay for years of mismanagement 

Every spineless imposter who slithered around in our jersey for the past month is tainted by association and must go. 

I watched some Gerrard stuff on YouTube yesterday. The guy is clearly from the Jock Wallace school of character building.. its a recurring theme for him. 

Thank fuck. 

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

From the express 

The new Ibrox boss has seen the telling footage of the 4-0 capitulation in the Scottish Cup semi-final and the 5-0 thrashing last week as celtic clinched seven-in-a-row.

He said: “I can’t have that. That’s got to stop now.”

And he has made it clear he won’t tolerate anyone who does not fit his model of desire, passion and a fear of no one.

Gerrard – who wasn’t at Ibrox on Saturday as the Gers beat Kilmarnock 1-0 thanks to a David Bates goal – said: “These players will know – when I get a chance to speak to those that are currently here and those that we add – what myself and my staff are about and what we demand.

“It’s very important from the off that they really buy into what we are trying to do here, and there’s a lot of areas where we need to improve.

“I need players that are willing to adapt, that are going to believe in what we are trying to do.

But I have been around footballers for a long time – I’ll work out very quickly who fancies this challenge and who wants to come with me.

“And if there are people who don’t fancy it and want to be somewhere else, good luck to them.

“I want players who want to come with me on this journey, who want to take the challenge to everyone that’s in this league and are willing to give everything they’ve got. I’ll work out these people very quickly.”

He'll do just fine  IMO

That’s 95% of the squad fucked then. 

I’m just looking forward to seeing how he deals with the players. He’s no mug. Like he says, he’ll see right through them.

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know that - which is a problem but in those instances we reach agreements and get him to fuck - even if we need to spend a small fortune to save a small fortune doing it then so be it - I think it’s 50% of the contract you pay up 

it’s a sore one alright but that’s the price you pay for years of mismanagement 

Why would MOH walk away from £6k/week, or even take half of that in a payoff, if he'll struggle to earn £1k elsewhere?  Rangers are his payday and he'll cash in as will many of the others.  Even if we could offload 10 players at 50% of the money owed to them it would cost a multitude of millions to shift them.  That's why you don't see failing teams just paying off their entire teams and starting again every summer - It cost too much money.  After you've paid off the old squad, there's little left to buy a new squad.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Why would MOH walk away from £6k/week, or even take half of that in a payoff, if he'll struggle to earn £1k elsewhere?  Rangers are his payday and he'll cash in as will many of the others.  Even if we could offload 10 players at 50% of the money owed to them it would cost a multitude of millions to shift them.  That's why you don't see failing teams just paying off their entire teams and starting again every summer - It cost too much money.  After you've paid off the old squad, there's little left to buy a new squad.  

MOH wouldn’t get a grand a week at Hearts or Aberdeen though, he’d get a decent wedge 

if for example Halliday on 7k a week with us and Partick could only pay 2k a week towards it then that’s when you try to get something that suits all parties - I’m just throwing numbers out there but Partick pays 2k, we cover 2k and Halliday takes a 3k hit to get regular football, we save 5k a week and have him off our hands and we all win by giving and taking each - or he could dig his heels in that’s when you come to terms on him and offer him 50% of his contract which is standard 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No offence but we’ve heard all this talk before and recently 

I’m optimistic and can’t wait for him to get started but those types of sound bytes got old towards the end of Warburton’s first season.

Im worried reading between the lines he will be trusting a few of them to up their game and buy into his philosophy - they shouldn’t get the chance to !!

Hes not daft far from it, mcallister either, hes wanting second and hes trying to help them, this could be our best transfer window, since the walter first years ?

6 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Hes not daft far from it, mcallister either, hes wanting second and hes trying to help them, this could be our best transfer window, since the walter first years ?

Gerrard has forgot more about football than the likes of Murty and Pedro knows - that’s fact as far as I’m concerned 

he’ll realise the job here that needs done is different to any challenge he’s had though 

McCallister I’ve a lot of time for but I can’t help think there’s too much of a David Weir feel to him though but I could also think of worse picks than him